Any word on how the SWD looks this year in soccer

carrollfan

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

midfielders are there to control the game, including the pace, ball movement, and flow. forwards are there to SCORE... defense obviously stops the other team's forwards, and gets the ball to the midfielders, so they can do their job.

the best field i've ever played on is east river (grahams old field, they sometimes play on for special occasions now?.who knows).. but virginia high is the nicest field in southwest virginia itself, its beautifully kept with great size

[ QUOTE ]

Fullbacks steal the ball and then kick the crap out of it and just try to keep it off their half of the field. Midfielders are kind of a middle-man between the fullbacks and forwards. Forwards try to score, but midfielders score some, too. Goalie, of course just tries to keep the ball out of the goal.

[/ QUOTE ] Dang who told you that lie? or did you just make it up???? That sounds like the little kid version of soccer in the Brothers Grimm Fairytale book!!!

I just have a few things to say, the district is not evening out. Tazewell in the past few years hasn't put up much of a challenge for graham, so I don't see Tazewell winning the district this year, possibly next year. So it will be Graham on top again followed by Carroll County as always, unless Carroll beats Graham then Graham will be in second. If graham had the best season last year and lost a couple of players, then how can they lose again to tazewell with no goalie? that's all I'm gonna say. I'm gone. It's worthless talking on here about changes that won't happen.

[ QUOTE ]

Dang who told you that lie? or did you just make it up???? That sounds like the little kid version of soccer in the Brothers Grimm Fairytale book!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an overview of soccer there hero. It's a good description for someone who's never seen or played soccer before. You can be my guest if you want to give a better description.

[ QUOTE ]

I just have a few things to say, the district is not evening out. Tazewell in the past few years hasn't put up much of a challenge for graham, so I don't see Tazewell winning the district this year, possibly next year. So it will be Graham on top again followed by Carroll County as always, unless Carroll beats Graham then Graham will be in second. If graham had the best season last year and lost a couple of players, then how can they lose again to tazewell with no goalie? that's all I'm gonna say. I'm gone. It's worthless talking on here about changes that won't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna love it if you have to eat your own words. I think we've learned plenty of time not to make bold predictions like that. I'm sure everyones heard "there's confidence and then there's cockiness". You, my friend are being cocky, and nobody like someone who's cocky.

I graduated a couple of years ago from Graham, and in the 4 years I was there. I'm pretty sure we didn't lose a single district game. My senior year, the other SWD teams managed to score 1 goal on us the entire season. I lost track of how many we scored. My brother is a senior on the team this year, and we are going to have one hell of a team.. AGAIN. So put your money on the G-Men this year like always.

They've won district 8 out of 9 years for one thing. But even if Graham has a hell of a team the other teams in the district are getting more talent on the pitch. They do have all the right in the world to be confident though, but being cocky is just no fun. Not saying GrahamDestoyer was cocky, but dangdung was. Graham does have a good chance of winning district, if I wasn't playing on another team in the district I would put my money on Graham too, but that still doesn't mean you should be cocky.

Alright, now compare our district to the other districts in the state. The SWD can't match up at all just because of the skill level in the other areas of Virginia. Don't get me wrong, the SWD is going to be where it's at in the next couple of years but as of this year, the competition is pretty stiff. Do you agree?

Dug and I played together, and we had some great years. We were looking forward to a team chock full of seniors who had been playing together for AT LEAST four years, but it's not gonna happen. Even through losses I put my money on Graham... again...

[ QUOTE ]

alright dawgs86, did you see what i said about the other districts? What do you think of that? Is there any truth to it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I read it and I say it is true that the SWD doesnt compare to alot of the other districts.. The one district we can compete with is the one of the closest districts with the Highlands in my opinion. But to see the soccer I do now, we're way behind. I say its about the same around Blacksburg because up here we play all year long and thats what makes the difference...