grahams defense is the best in next season

grahamfan07

[ QUOTE ]

Would Graham go to the Mountain Empire?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not, that's why we are still AA...but, we didn't BEG to join any other Class A district either...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Well I figured I would put my 2 cents in on this one. First off Tax and Fighton you need to back off and cool it down,save it for the weight roon,then you need to hush up until the season starts then and only then can you start talkin smack about whos going to beat who and who's line is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave Tax out of this Tax is just an 8th grader tryin to pass Spanish.LoL.Over and Out.Sorry bout the 3rd person

yeah i think their d-fense will be pretty tough.they'll have a lot of speed and experience b/c u know they only lost 3 key players last year. but they could use a little help thru the middle. but the secondary should be pretty good or aight.....b/c u have tj carper returning as saftey and u have steven brown and matt yost back at corners so they should be pretty good b/c most of the players now have played for together for like 5yrs

"Flashback to 1987. Let Lance tell you the story. Quentin Reed got on WCYB and thought Grundy would be a pushover. He openly stated it. He went on to not play anymore football that year."

Wavefan, maybe you should let Lance tell YOU that story--maybe he will get it right. It was Jeff Lamie, Tazewell's quarterback that broke his collarbone in the Grundy game and didn't play anymore that season, NOT Quentin Reed.

[ QUOTE ]

Ohh...My bad, I always thought Quentin Reed got on WCYB being cocky and got his leg broke. I am wrong on this one, I stand corrected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reed didnt have a cocky bone in his body. If Jeff Lamie hadnt broken his collar bone the outcome of that game would have been quite different. That loss still stings me 18 years later! mad.gif

richlands defense should be pretty tough next year. you gotta think just last year their j.v. team beat all the other teams around here except for honaker but they was using bigger boys and now next years defensive linemen will be huge

The Virginia High rants crack me up on here. I think it was Oakland today that made the NCAA basketball tournament with a 12-18 record. Do you think they will brag and say how they are gonna destroy the one or two seed, nope. They are humble and know they are lucky.

Virginia High is just the opposite. THey beat who? Wasnt it Lee, Abingdon, Marion, and who was the other win? THen a total shamockery of a win at Grundy and they were the best team in VHSL history. Hmmmm funny i seem to remember Tazwell that next weekend absolutely cramming a football down there throat and throwing them to the side. But you know what I guess I shouldnt say that because everyone here knows that Virginia High armed with their 3 all state players would have defeated Gretna and their 3 all state players. So Gretna was very lucky. Lol.

Cracks me up. Graham, Grundy, Tazwell, and Richlands all have things to talk about on here. They all have won multiple district titles, region titles, and players that have went on to bigger and better things. Its okay to brag but geesh shouldnt you do it about something justifyable.

IF you really want to have yourself put in place. We will do a little math concerning Virginia High opponents defeated and Ky opponents defeated by Grundy. Grundy also defeated everyone you couldnt except for Richlands. Did you beat Tazwell? NOpe. They did. Paintsville would have destroyed Lee, Abingdon, or anyone else you guys beat. Ill do the math on this one later because I will show you how stupid you really are using NUMBERS. Sheldon Clark and VA high now that would have been an epic war. 3-2 is my final predicition on that game. Who would have won? I dont know.

You know what your really doing Bearcat? Your putting a bullseye on you from every team in the SWD and the region. I guess humility and respect is something you didnt learn at Emory.

Paintsville KY. Went to the playoffs. Ended their season 6-5. 1 loss to AAAA Johnson Central, other to 8-3 South Floyd,Pikeville who was State Semi Finalist and Harlan who made it to the second round of the playoffs. Of all the loses nobody beat Paintsville bigger than Grundy. Not even AAAA Johnson Central. So of Paintsvilles 5 loses four were to playoff teams and the other to a AAAA team.

Shelby Valley. Playoff team with 5-5 record. Better than VA highs record. Lost by 6 to Pike CO Central(Playoff team),Loss to AAA Playoff team Lawrence County, Loss to Prestonsburg who won 2 games in AA playoffs only to lose to state champions Belfry Ky,and Prestonsburg also defeated Breathitt County in the playoffs the team who beat Powell Valley, the team that beat Gate City, the team that beat Richlands. Shelby Valley also lost to Belfry KY the two time KY AA champions. And Shelby Valleys final loss was in the playoff to Breathitt county like i said they beat PV who beat Gate City who beat Richlands.

Finally Grundys worst opponent, Sheldon Clark KY. Playoff team the prior season. Lets look at some of thier losses closer though. The lost by 8 to Leslie County, playoff team. Lost to Prestonsburg,playoff team. Lost to Shelby Valley,playoff team. Lost to Belfry State Champs. Lost to Pike Co Central, playoff team in two overtimes.

Wow thats a lot of playoff teams that Sheldon Clark, Paintsville, and Shelby Valley faced.

So Grundy faced 2 playoff teams out of 3 in their Kentucky Opponents. Lets compare these three wins for Grundy to three of VA highs wins in their own divsion. 3 of Virginia Highs wins were not against playoff teams. So easy to see that KY teams were better in regards to playoff status.

Abingdon 2 wins. Sheldon Clark 2 wins.

Both teams winless against playoff teams. Only Sheldon Clark took a playoff team to overtime. So both teams were horrible.SO how Sheldon Clark was any easier than VA highs win over Abingdon is questionable.

Lee High 1 win against a 0 win J.J Kelly team with at the most two seniors on the team that played. Shelby Valley 5 wins. Trip to the playoffs. Tough Schedule for Lee High but look who defeated Shelby Valley for their 5 loses. Both faced a state champion and lost.

Marion 3 wins. Paintsville 6. Marion no playoff trip. Paintsville Playoff trip.

SO the 3 Highlands opponents defeated by Virginia High won a total of 6 games. The three Kentucky opponents defeated by Grundy had 13 wins. Of Virginia High's district wins 0 were against playoff teams. Kentucky opponents of Grundy sent two teams to the playoffs. Grundy defeated 3 playoff teams in their district in: Tazwell, Graham, and Carroll County. Virginia High defeated 0 playoff teams in their district or period.So stick any of the SWD members in the Highlands and they win it because all defeated playoff teams.

I just wasted a lot of time when all you have to know is Highlands teams defeated by Virginia High won 6 games. Ky teams defeated by Grundy won 13 games. Highland District teams beat by Virginia High didnt see a playoff game. Ky teams beaten by Grundy saw 2 playoff games.

So I dare ya to add those Ky teams and let everyone see how you do against them. 3 of your four wins were against down teams, in fact the other win was against a down team. Grundy beat 9 teams. 6 were playoff teams. only two of those were Ky opponents. HOw many playoff teams did you beat again to win your district???O??? Exactly.

So the Ky crap is old. I just showed you that those ky teams make your wins in your division look meaningless. Like I just said add Paintsville or Shelby Valley to your schedule. Heck add all 3. I bet you would be lucky to beat 1 of them. As you can see they are much better programs last year than your opponents in your district were.

Va high beat Grundy in the playoffs. Big woop. Every team that reads these posts were not the champions last year except for Bluefield. They got the job done. Nobody else in SWVA did so if you want to go on talking about you beat Grundy forever thats fine. Help yourself. But every other team that reads or posts on this site wants to win it all. THey dont want one playoff win, one district title, one region title. They all mean nothing. The only thing that matters is a State Title. So every team is bitter and hungry. If you settle for some stupid District title and one playoff win then thats comical. I dont know why you are in coaching at all.

Preach the truth Jmarcum! I wish everyone would get over Grundy scheduling KY teams. Maybe we could put a couple SWD schools in the Highlands or get Lebanon and Gate City back in there to spice it up a little bit. Who did VA. High beat that was non-district? John Battle? Woop de doo...You had a 4-6 record...Go 500 this year and we will be impressed. Gotta love that quality Highlands football! wink.gif

Four and three years ago (and maybe last year) Graham scheduled Greenville TN in it's schedule, a AAAA school and rated number 3 in TN when they played the State Championship Graham G-Men in the 01-02 season. Graham stomped them and moved on to face and loose to Harrisonburg that year. I played on that team (well, stood, i was a freshman at the time) and I beleive that Carlock knew that he was going to have a great team, so he scheduled that TN game. Last year and this year he didn't... Because coaches here have the ability to see their kids play for YEARS before they coach them, playing out of school teams is a great way to give them some hard games instead of looking at highlands for some usually easy games. Grundy playing KY teams was a great way to give the boys some hard fought victories, but bringing in games like that in an "off year" can be devastating to a record that could be couchoned with highlands district games.

[ QUOTE ]

richlands defense should be pretty tough next year. you gotta think just last year their j.v. team beat all the other teams around here except for honaker but they was using bigger boys and now next years defensive linemen will be huge

[/ QUOTE ]

richlands jv also lost to grahams jv if u remember..........soo id say richlands and graham should be pretty good on d-fense.....i really cant say nothin till the first district game has been played. b/c right now everythings even as far as i know everyone is 0-0