grahams defense is the best in next season

grahamfan07

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Hey, shut up, you play soccer.......End of discussion....

[/ QUOTE ]

No matter if he plays soccer or not...he is entitled to his own opinion..he might just be on the Blues football team as well.

[ QUOTE ]

No matter if he plays soccer or not...he is entitled to his own opinion..he might just be on the Blues football team as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I might be on the Blues ninja team, too, so just hope you don't meet me in a dark alley, there fighton.

[ QUOTE ]

TJ's right, we got some badass people comin back, we'll have a real good group of seniors and juniors next year. We have the size and the speed to be unstoppable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me why anyone in the SWD wouldn't take offense?..Flashback to 1987. Let Lance tell you the story. Quentin Reed got on WCYB and thought Grundy would be a pushover. He openly stated it. He went on to not play anymore football that year. This should go for everyone. If you think people from Richlands, Grundy, Caroll County and Graham aren't taking offense to that, you are crazy. Don't think people aren't reading about how good Tazewell will be, about how strong they are. Seeing this stuff, that is motivation. If I were a coach and read all of that on here, I would print off about 40 sheets and give it to my returning players.

Hey fighton3, your An immature kid, that Is partial to his hometown team, I applaud you for that, but in all Honesty, your probably the END-GUARD-&TACKLE-which means, you set on the END of the bench, GUARD the water, and TACKLE anyone that comes near it. So Let's stop talking all the bull crap smack ok kid?? smirk.gif

Well I figured I would put my 2 cents in on this one. First off Tax and Fighton you need to back off and cool it down,save it for the weight roon,then you need to hush up until the season starts then and only then can you start talkin smack about whos going to beat who and who's line is better.

[ QUOTE ]

Pts. for beating a Class A (Division 2) team with a 9-1 record: 30 (of course this means you were the only team to beat them)

Pts. for beating a Class AA (Division 3) team with a 5-5 record: 25

Pts. for beating a Class AA (Division 4) team with a 5-5 record: 26

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for puttin' this thing together over on the other thread Gman, it was exactly what i had been wonderin' about. After lookin' at it, it seems to me your whole "single A schedule" thing doesn't hurt us at all. And as i remember Graham doesn't have that good of a record against Gate City the last ten years, so i wouldn't try to say we're side-steppin' the big boys. And I'd personally rather play CC than Honaker if all i was wantin' was a win.

Yeah, Graham was the only game we were shut out this year. THe Gmen played some good D that afternoon. And we had 6 turnovers. probably our worst played game of the year. But i'm sure a lot of that was due to Graham

There's always the playoffs! grin.gif...so i hope we get to settle it there next year cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for puttin' this thing together over on the other thread Gman, it was exactly what i had been wonderin' about. After lookin' at it, it seems to me your whole "single A schedule" thing doesn't hurt us at all. And as i remember Graham doesn't have that good of a record against Gate City the last ten years, so i wouldn't try to say we're side-steppin' the big boys.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome. Actually, playing a "single A schedule" will hurt you VERY much if you lose...and playing the likes of Honaker and Gate City doesn't give you a very good chance at getting a win.

We still play Graham next year, i wasn't thinkin' when i wrote that post. It's Grundy and CC we dropped. It is possible that we drop one of those games, but I like our chances.

[ QUOTE ]

better chance of winning those two, instead of graham or grundy who they dropped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever thought there might be other reasons for rescheduling? I'll take on Grundy over Gate City every time. We aren't takin' the easy way out no matter what you say.

[ QUOTE ]

What are you talkin about? Who said I wouldn't need my team????? The wind from my mouth? You're dumb man.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just sayin that you talk alot Fighton. Givin you a hard time. All in fun though, you understand? wink.gif

We like to play on grass.

I bet Honaker would wear out Paintsville and the other ken. schools that dropped Grundy. Isn't Paintsville still on your schedule?

We are where the VHSL put us. If you wanna see us, make it to the playoffs. From everything on here, That shouldn't be a problem for ya'll.

[ QUOTE ]

We are where the VHSL put us.

[/ QUOTE ]

UMMM...no you're not! The VHSL put Virginia High in the Lonesome Pine District and you guys wanted none of that and begged to join the HOGO to play the likes of Holston and Northwood. The HOGO didn't want you, so you had to settle for being in the Highlands...

i guess your field always has grass on it in november, because it never sees any playoff action. by the way vhsl put you in the lonesome pine. i think the painstville game has been replaced with bluefield. even with the kentucky schools it is a harder schedule than the weak ass highlands. as for honaker they have a hard enough time with haysi, more less any ky team.

[ QUOTE ]

The VHSL put Virginia High in the Lonesome Pine District

[/ QUOTE ]

True, when our numbers dropped this year the LPD is where THEY placed us.

[ QUOTE ]

you guys wanted none of that and begged to join the HOGO to play the likes of Holston and Northwood. /quote]

Going to the LPD made no sense. It would have meant losing several programs not offered in the lpd. the distances were much further than to Hogo schools. As far as "not wanting none" of the lpd, what's the difference? PV and GC/Leb and GW. Rural Retreat and PH/JiB and Clintwood. I won't name names but i think those two are about the same at the bottom as well.

[ QUOTE ]

The HOGO didn't want you, so you had to settle for being in the Highlands...

[/ QUOTE ]

The Hogo understandably didn't want another big single A school. So we chose to stay AA. We did not take the opportunity to go down. So we ARE right where the VHSL says we should be if we chose not to drop.

Would Graham go to the Mountain Empire?