beaver football

beaverfootball75

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

hey Weir, you could take some lessons in sportsmnship and dignity from PioPA..

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely show sportsmanship. I've said numerous times before that I congratulated Bluefield players after we lost to them my senior year and wished them good luck. I also messaged Coeburn last night and we talked about the misunderstanding and I wished him all the luck at Wesleyan. Tom, I think you know I have sportsmanship. I took all the jokes about Weir that you had and still shook your hand and congratulated you at Wheeling this year after your Beaver's won the AA title. So please don't question my character!!! And PioneerPA, I don't care about the other board, but I think you're talking about TSP buddy. I don't want to post there, I just went on chat a few times. But anyways, good luck this year and hopefully we'll meet up in the playoffs.

[ QUOTE ]

Did you guys notice that once Rusty got on here Weir's whole attitude changed. All of a sudden he wasn't bad mouthing Rusty, he was congratulating him. Just thought that was kinda funny!

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny pal, but you're wrong. Before all this happened, I congratulated him on B&G news' board. I messaged him and I even told him I thought we had a better team and he respected my opinion and just said he felt his team was better. He didn't get pissed when someone has an opinion that's not the same as his. I KNOW Cooper is a better player than he is, even though Rusty is very talented. I'm not scared of him if that's what you think. If I was scared I wouldn't have talked to him. He seemed like a nice guy and wasn't arrogant like some of you fools are and I wish him the best, but I'll say what I want, even if none of you like it. As soon as he got on here, you'd think he was some kind of legend the way you guys acted. Get a life!!!

we dont think Rusty is a legend but we certainly appreciate what he has brought to the city and the school of Bluefield..he brought more than just a championship, he and his teammates showed the entire state what Beaver football is all about..its wining AND losing with class but never quitting...now with that bein said, you speak of how we think Rusty is a legend, well atleast we dont carry Cooper and Turners books to and from class for them...hahahaha

[ QUOTE ]

some of you fools

[/ QUOTE ]

Consider this your one and only warning on the name calling. Your opinion is welcomed, but the name calling isn't and if it happens again you'll be gone.

And I still find it extremely funny that you criticize others for doing the exact same things you're doing, which is defending your team.

[ QUOTE ]

now with that bein said, you speak of how we think Rusty is a legend, well atleast we dont carry Cooper and Turners books to and from class for them...hahahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on now Tom, I think we both know I don't carry anyone's stuff for them. I know both of these guys very well and am friends w/ them, but I don't think they are legends or anything. I played bball w/ Turner since we were in 3rd grade, so I don't think he's a celebrity or anything like you guys talk about Coeburn.

[ QUOTE ]

Consider this your one and only warning on the name calling. Your opinion is welcomed, but the name calling isn't and if it happens again you'll be gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I've been called a lot of things and been messed w/ since I started posting here, but I've never complained about it b/c it doesn't bother me. I think it's all in fun that comes along w/ arguing about each other's team. I'm not trying to stir up trouble b/c I enjoy posting here, but it seems like you have a personal vendetta against me. I didn't think saying "fool" was a big deal when I've seen Tom have a few choice words about Weir. But I like Tom, and I know he's just joking around. I just think that you don't want me to post here b/c I have a different opinion about football than you do, but again I respect what you say and am not trying to cause a problem.

its all in good fun, especially when us Blfd fans, have the upper hand..AND WE DO..hahah and as for me havin just a few choice words for Weir, you mustve missed some of my posts, b/c ive had ALOT of choice words for them....lol

[ QUOTE ]

hahah and as for me havin just a few choice words for Weir, you mustve missed some of my posts, b/c ive had ALOT of choice words for them....lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly and I don't complain about what anyone says to me b/c it doesn't bother me, but I say "fool" and I almost get banned from the boards? It doesn't make sense now does it? I didn't say anything vulgar, so I don't get it. I think some people just don't like me posting here b/c I'm from Weir, but hey that's just my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

If I didn't want you posting here then you would have been gone a LONG, LONG, LONG time ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you had to have a reason to ban me from the boards, and so far I haven't done anything to constitute that so I don't know how you could say I would have been gone a long time ago if I didn't break any of the rules set. I played for Weir, so I'm going to support them no matter what. I don't know how else to explain it.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know how else to explain it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you've explained it plenty well enough a number of times. No one here is jumping on you for supporting of your team, so quit trying to play a victim.

The problem lies when you show disrespect for another's team which you have Bluefield. So don't be surprised when you come into a bee's nest stirring up the hive and get stung. It is possible to promote one's own team without trying to tear down another. A fan comfortable in their team doesn't need to tear down another's team to make their own look good.

[ QUOTE ]

A fan comfortable in their team doesn't need to tear down another's team to make their own look good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't tear down anyone's team. I stated my opinion, which was that Weir had the better team the past two years but we didn't execute to close the game. I also stated I thought Cooper was a better player than Coeburn, which is also my opinion so I don't see where the problem lies. I've had numerous people that have told me they thought Bluefield was better, which doesn't bother me b/c it's their opinion and their entitled to it just as I am entitled to mine.

first off thanks from the guy from wayne(sorry forgot ur nickname when i started typing this)

2nd- im not takin ne1 sides bout the bannin but i do find the word fool more offensive than some vulgar words cause in the bible it says if you call a person a fool ur doomed for hell but if thats is opionion bout bluefield ppl thats fine, hes entitled to it

cooper might be a better player than me, but i trade indivdual talent for team unity any day of the week cause it takes all 11 people on the field to win ball games, and thats not degrading cooper or ne body on weirs team(before i forget good luck to weir up state, up to play you guys and some1 tell me why cooper isnt playin)

haha no im not a legend, even if i was, just like coach gillards says at practice i put shorts on the same way you do, so we r all human

Rusty, TEAMS win games, its that simple, not one player, its a team sport and thats why the last 2 years the better TEAM won as for cooper bein better than you, thats Weir's opinion, it isnt my opinion or the opinion of other people from the BEAVER NATION..we wouldnt have traded you for 2 of him..PERIOD

[ QUOTE ]

cooper might be a better player than me, but i trade indivdual talent for team unity any day of the week cause it takes all 11 people on the field to win ball games, and thats not degrading cooper or ne body on weirs team(before i forget good luck to weir up state, up to play you guys and some1 tell me why cooper isnt playin)

[/ QUOTE ]

Cooper isn't playing b/c of an ankle injury. He's been out most of the season. I never said Coeburn wasn't a good player, b/c he has to be if he was selected first team captain on O. He has a lot of talent and potential and I would have liked to see him walk on at Marshall, but if he feels Wesleyan is a better fit for him, I wish him the best of luck. Saying Cooper is a better player than anyone isn't trying to belittle someone or question their ability on the football field. Cooper is the type of athlete that doesn't come around very often and I'm glad I was able to play w/ him at Weir. IMO, he is a better player and Coach Rod obviously agrees as well, but Bluefield fans rightfully think Coeburn is better b/c they are going to back their team and the players on that team. I respect all of your opinions, and I just want you guys to do the same for me.

Plus it really doesn't matter anymore. Both of them are on to bigger and better things. What will be remembered is the game at Mitchell on the cold saturday afternoon when both teams played there heart out and bluefield made a miricle come back. Which I still say we won the state title in the semi-final game agaisnt a great Weir team. But in the end it comes down to who played better as a team. And it showed off at the end.

i hate to hear that about cooper, i was hoping we could give the fans something to cheer about in the post

if coach rod doesnt think im talented enough, dont hurt my feelings one bit because i dont agree with some of the things hes done especially at the football camp, especially callin lil kids pecker-heads, im not blowin air ether i hurt this with my own ears.