WVU BETS 1.75 MILLION DOLLARS ....

edrforshey

I agree it's unorthodox, but considering the differences they 2 schools had in scheduling a series, it's a reasonable compromise for each school, either has the potential to have the the series the way they preferred, but whichever program it is will simply have to earn it.

That's the difference between hosting a home game and making 2 million and having to go on the road an only get $250000. So that's why I said they are betting 1.75 million.

I'm not trying to stir up trouble, but I think WVU is going to make it a clean sweep of the series. With the very solid recruiting classes coming in and the huge amount of young talent, I don't think Marshall has the athletes to play w/ WVU. Their best shot to beat the Mountaineers was when they had Moss and Pennington and WVU had a down year and they still couldn't do it. Personally, I can't wait to see the first game of the series between these two programs.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't totally understand, so whoever wins 2 of 3 games wins 1.75 million?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, whichever team wins two of the first three games gets to host the fourth game. If Marshall wins 2 of 3, it will cost WVU $1.75 million by not getting to host the fourth game.

Whoever wins two or more of the first three will host the fourth game of the series...

Sept. 2, 2006 – Mountaineer Field in Morgantown

Sept. 8, 2007 – Joan C. Edwards Stadium In Huntington

Sept. 13, 2008 – Mountaineer Field in Morgantown

Oct. 3, 2009 – TBD at either Morgantown or Huntington

Sept. 11, 2010 – Joan C. Edwards Stadium in Huntington

Sept. 3, 2011 – Mountaineer Field in Morgantown

Sept. 1, 2012 – Mountaineer Field in Morgantown

"97 was hardly the herd's best team, likely 4th or 5th best since they've been in d1 and not even close to their '99 team.

Anyhow, the more they've played against the stronger teams of the bcs, the closer those ooc games have become in recent seasons. Make no mistake about it if the herd can defeat k st., play tn, oh st. and ga. close, all away games, then they can more than compete with wv.

They'll likely have their share of victories against wv in my opinion.