Marcum's performance in Akron gets him no respect!

jmarcum

Hey WeirFootball, I played against marcum and I will admit that he is a good player. Its different to watch him in the stands and be down there tryin to keep ur feet uncrossed. You should go watch him play though. Btw, where is weir?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Hey WeirFootball, I played against marcum and I will admit that he is a good player. Its different to watch him in the stands and be down there tryin to keep ur feet uncrossed. You should go watch him play though. Btw, where is weir?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would go watch him play, but Grundy is about 5 hours from where I live LOL. The city of Weirton(where Weir High is located) is at the top of the WV's northern panhandle. It's about 25 minutes north of Wheeling, WV and 35-45 minutes west of Pittsburgh, PA.

Gravy will be traveling through your part of the country Friday, He is going to the WVU Senior Camp in Morgantown on Saturday. I just have to find a cheap place to feed him.

I have a friend that plays for OH powerhouse Steubenville Big Red that will be attending that camp. That's not really near where I live though LOL. I go to WVU and it's about 1 1/2 hours from where I'm from. I'm a little farther north than where Morgantown is located in north-central WV

Garon will prove to everyone what kind of a player he is this season, hes the only good offensive weapon that they have. He will be the leader of the team and have to carry them on his back as well, and i wish him all the luck in the world. and by the way, there is only one back that i have ever played against or with, that is as good as garon. and ill give ya a few guess's to who that is. lol, he's better than ringstaff, better than any of those runnnin backs from CC, cant remember there names, been a while since i played em. He's better than any of the tazewell backs. The only back that is around garons level or higher would be bradshaw. Oh yeah, and those liberty-bedford backs. crazy.gif forgot bout them, but they dont count, hahahahahaha.

[ QUOTE ]

The city of Weirton(where Weir High is located) is at the top of the WV's northern panhandle. It's about 25 minutes north of Wheeling, WV and 35-45 minutes west of Pittsburgh, PA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet it was a LONG busride home when we came back and beat yall!

[ QUOTE ]

I bet it was a LONG busride home when we came back and beat yall!

[/ QUOTE ]

And I get blamed for starting Bluefield/Weir debates? And what is this WE stuff? You didn't play. I gave my all as well as did every other Weir player the past two years against Bluefield, but we unfortunately came up short. But I don't like you saying we, b/c unless you strap on the helmet and pads you can't talk. Also, Weir will be back and is the favorite this season. IMO, they will take the whole thing. Also, the incoming freshman class has unbelievable talent so Weir isn't going anywhere for a long time. They lost 1 total game in middle school. I think their class has a good chance to win titles their junior and senior years w/ the talent. Remember the name Branko Busick b/c he will be the next Cooper for Weir. Ahtleticism runs in his family b/c his brother was an all state lineman who started from his sophomore season in 97 on. His dad was a pro wrestler in the WWF. This class already has around 5 kids benching at least 235 lbs.

If im a bluefield beaver, i beleive i can use the word we as in "bluefield" all i want..

Im not trying to start nothing, but i do believe if i go to every games. Then i think im able to use "we" when anybody asks me about the bluefield beavers

You said "when we beat you guys." What did you do to contribute to the team's title and success? Please tell me. When you play football, sure you appreciate all the support from the students. However, noone but the players and coaches understand what goes into being a successful team. You can go to all the games you want but you personally didn't help Bluefield beat Weir. I believe this post was about Garon Marcum not getting props at the combine in Akron, though. I don't know why you brought up Bluefield/Weir.

You meant it as a cheap shot, but I've come to expect that. I can say at the end of the day that I gave my all on the field in practice and during games. We didn't win the state title my senior year, but all of us seniors left a little part of us on the field at Mitchell Stadium and I don't regret anything about that season.

[ QUOTE ]

You meant it as a cheap shot, but I've come to expect that

[/ QUOTE ]

No, i really didnt. I just said i couldnt immagine how tough it must have been. Dude trust me i know. I was at the game at wheeling last year when we went to kick that extra point and saw the ball rolling on the ground only for the poca dots to pick it up. Trust me man i know what it feels like

But if you think i ment that as a cheap shot, then you can think that. But i know what i ment. And im going to leave it at that!

[ QUOTE ]

The only back that is around garons level or higher would be bradshaw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Garon and I guarantee that he is going to have a big year for the Wave but speaking from experience from playing againist him and Bradshaw, he is nowhere near Bradshaw's level yet. Not knocking him but Bradshaw was a truely exceptional player that could change the face of a game at anytime, offense,defense or special teams. Still it would be nice to see Marcum get a chance to play D-1, that would be somebody else we could say we played againist.

[ QUOTE ]

I like Garon and I guarantee that he is going to have a big year for the Wave but speaking from experience from playing againist him and Bradshaw, he is nowhere near Bradshaw's level yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's talk after this season. Garon hasn't even got a chance to play as a senior yet.

[ QUOTE ]

Not knocking him but Bradshaw was a truely exceptional player that could change the face of a game at anytime, offense,defense or special teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, just too bad he had to mess up his big time offer to UVA and has to play at Moo U now!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, just too bad he had to mess up his big time offer to UVA and has to play at Moo U now!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It was stupid what he did to lose his ride going to UVA but in the long run it was good because at UVa he probably would have had to sit a year or two then when he did get to play it would have been on defense. At Marshall he got the chance to play as a freshman and on offense. He is going to be a huge playmaker for that Marshall offense, might end up kinda like a Randy Moss story. But hopefully he will settle down and not cause any more trouble like Moss.

We talked to the Marshall RB coach the other day and he said that Ahmad is going to be the man. From what Garrett told me of what he saw at the spring game, that is going to hold true.

ive played with garon and against bradshaw, and from my personal experiances, bradshaw wasnt as good as everyone made him out to be, and i know ill get some responses outta that, lol, i dont care.

Bradshaw was more of a power back with great speed, I've seen him run over a few people to get to the endzone...Garon has been more of a speedster and has the best field vision I have ever seen on a kid...he can see things happening on the field and know where to go without thinking...if he see's daylight he will cut straight back across the field without hesitation...not many backs can pull that off...and if he does get the corner, it's 6.

I think everyone frogets when they compare him to AB and Ringstaff and all that...these kids all have unique running styles and each one makes thiers work somehow...only difference is Garon still has another year left and we've closed the books on the rest already. grin.gif

lol, I couldnt have said it any better lance, really i couldnt. But i dont think bradshaw was all he was made out to be, he only had one really good game against us, that homecoming buttwhipping in 03, lol, and i didnt even play defense that game.

dude i used to all but be begging for them to put you in on defense...lol...ask Jimmy...I'm like...why the hell is big James sitting on the bench...I thought you should have been in on D for first and second downs all of the time (and third and 3 or less also) at nose. I'm sure there was a reason for it? Just don't know what that is...we gave up way to much up the middle that year on run situations.

come on Weir, lay off BlfdRocks, ive heard you refer to Weir as "i, us, we' and everthing else last yr and you didnt play in 04. now if you arent nice to us Blfd folks, WE just might break your hearts again this yr..hahaha