who will win the SWD rushing title.........

parsons

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Richlands will spread the field this year, and Jennings is dangerous in open space, but they will also have a passing game, so I don't see him getting as many carries as Marcum. He'll still get his yards but he won't have to be the workhorse Ringstaff was. I expect Grundy to run the wheels off Marcum this year.

no doubt marcum will get more carries.......but i suspect it will be a similar situation to cain ringstaffs yards per carry out of the I formation last year...everyone will key on marcum this year......ringstaff probably averaged 2 yds per carry out of the I and 10 ypc out of the spread formation.....everyones gonna be looking for marcum....caleb will average at least 7 yds per carry this year.....probably more..

i think they will have to worry about the passing game first.....quarterback with a big arm......tall receivers (stanton, brandon g, and others.......can't just key on jennings

i think graham will be loaded this year. they have rob henry and two upcoming juniors steven brown and tj carper and i think they will all have alot of rushing yards this searson. the game to watch will be graham vs. richlands. in the open field these guys are tough to bring down. and from what i hear they have good recievers this year too.

I got a question... Is Ahmad going to be the last running back Bradshaw for a while??? I know Graham has Justin Bradshaw... But yea I don't see him running I would like to see him pick up a fumble and take it for a touchdown once haha. But uhh anyway... When is there going to be another Bradshaw hitting the back field anyone know! Common....

Grundy will have a lot more than Garon on the field this year from what I hear...and they will have a passing game with some of the younger receivers arriving...they should be able to spread the ball out enough to not have to worry about everyone putting 8-10 up to stop garon every play...besides that, if people start doing that Grundy should have a much better O-Line this year and they can split Garon out and throw to him also...which you'll have to double up coverage on him in that situation or get burnt deep...so...Ashby and Baker and some of the other guys could be set for big passing yards this year....i think Grundy will be more balanced than people think. Difference will be Garon will get the majority of the carries since AW Looney is gone...and not 50%...offense will probably still be balanced out close to last years #'s and the year before that...and the year before that....same old Grundy when it boils down to it I think.

[ QUOTE ]

if richlands goes to the spread offense i predict caleb jennings will run wild.......and end up with more yardage than garon marcum......anyone agree???

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

110%.

And you can quote me on that.

i'm not trying to slight marcum.......i just think jennings will have a better line with lanes to run thru....people will not be able to key on him and i don't think there is anyone better in the region once they get into the open field...

Jennings is good, has a great 3 step burst and is a quick little guy, but he's got a long way to go still...maybe with Ringstaff gone he'll get his chance to show his stuff this year...beating or even matching Marcum will be no easy task though. Will be fun to watch how it plays out.

if grundy can open up some holes inside for marcum i think that he stands a good chance of winning it, but if richlands can spread the offense and let jennings get into the open field then its gonna be hard to bring him down, but if graham can inprove thier line i wouldnt sleep on henry either.. so if i had to pick just one... id have to go with caleb

Everyone is forgetting Carroll. We may not have a stand out back but yates is pretty dang good and JT can run too. Im not saying that yates or JT will win the rushing title but i wouldnt be surprised if Carroll had more rushing yards from their backs than all the teams in the SWD. Besides all we do is Run and our main pass play is desigen to be a run first option.

We will open up holes for Garon. How could you start a thread that is this stupid? You know Marcum will run away with it. From what I have seen of Jennings, is that he hops around, and that is it. Trust me, you will see a different Marcum this year, he is hungry, and point blank, it will be a good year to be a Grundy fan.

I don't think it's a stupid question at all. Marcum is the best in the district going into the season but there are other guys in the district that can play too. I do think he ends up with the most yards, like I said above, But I don't think he'll run away with it.

Jennings might surprise you. He can lower the shoulders and get through the line when he needs to.

[ QUOTE ]

From what I have seen of Jennings, is that he hops around, and that is it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see very much of Jennings, but what I did see, I don't remember him hopping around at all. Rather, I think it was more along the lines of daylight and the endzone.

However, I don't think Richlands will try to give him 20-30 carries like they did with Ringstaff. Ringstaff probably had 30 pounds (may be more; I don't know for sure) on Jennings and over the course of a season, those carries can take a toll.

Because of that, it is hard to believe he'll lead the SWD in rushing yards.

Now all-purpose yards, he may very well run away with that category.