who will win the SWD rushing title.........

parsons

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crackin is 6'3? Dang, he musta been drinking alot of milk these days. I don't wanna go look, but did he do good at the 7-on-7 camp? In my opinion on the rushing title, Marcum gets it this year, Caleb next year.

From what I know...Grundy will be heading back towards the "linemen" end of the spectrum for a few years...Grundy use to put out good linemen year in and year out...then they hit a period where they had more "skill" position players and now it looks like they will be going back towards the line again as the top prospects...I just wish they would get a QB that was in the 6ft range to take over for Theo once he is gone...Grundy has a habbit of getting smaller QB's and I think that does limit the offense...I'd take a 6ft+ qb any day in HS. Just me though (and that's not a knock at Theo either...just saying on down the road I'd rather see a larger QB...obviously Theo is the main man for next year but he's a SR...so...)

Lance man, thats notta knock.. just the truth.. the grundy qb does good for a little guy. Like alot of ppl has said. Limited offense. The line had better hold this year. or there will be alot of ints.. or sacks. The plus IMO, is lots of handoffs!! One good block and it'll be 5, 10 or to the house!! lol The neg. is that there is alot of good recievers that are not the rebound type catchers. A 6' qb standing in the pocket could see 3 or 4 targets then fire the ball and not have to lob it to a spot.

But, every team wishes it had something to make them better. You play with what you got.

My rushing picks.

1. Marcum

2. Wilson

3. Jennings

4. Henry

5. Bronson Brown/If he gets the call enough.

Must I go on. or have i missed anyone. How about the Carroll backs??

Whata ya think Lance?? lol

carroll will have Yates i think hell have an easy 700 yards and JT (yates back up) hell get his fair share. JR Barr hell get alot for not to meny runs. Joel hell be th tail back. hell get alot a of rushes. and cassey lawson th QB hell have alot of yards to. so we will be sprading th ball around a lot so thats why we wont have th leading rusher in th dis.

My predictions for SWD rushers

1. Marcum(Was there ever any doubt?)

2. Jennings

3. Henry

4. Somebody from Tazewell or one of Graham's backs

I'll go out on a limb and say Garon gets upper 1000's....and that's just a safe estimate. I've plaid with him all the way up from pee wee's, and he loves being in the spotlight. Give him the ball and one block, and he will get 5, 10, or the endzone.

If Graham's line can get things together this year, it is possible that they will have several backs that have good numbers but I don't think any of them will have phenominal numbers due to spreading the ball around to so many players. They won't have one running back that gets 90% of the carries this season like Grundy or Richlands...running back by committee in other words...it worked in '95...

i dont know for sure but i remember seein a thread on here before about him, people said that it wasnt bradshaws brother its his cousin i think i might be wrong tho, & that yates guy is his name willie and was he #7 or #10 last year?

[ QUOTE ]

& that yates guy is his name willie and was he #7 or #10 last year?

[/ QUOTE ]

# 7 was yates i dont think we had a # 10.

and thanx for th bradshaw stuff.

100 yards rushing? Well heck, didn't I have 100 yards rushing last year on you? Ohhh yeah, thats right, I did! I dont care if you all hold me to 1 yard, I just wanna win. You cant always want this and that. Sounds like to me nobody really understands football. They dont love it, they just want the glory..."to be in newspapers, get awards and so forth"....

[ QUOTE ]

Me two Lance I just dont see to many 5'7 QB's lol but I love the 5'10-6'2 Option QBs rather than the big tall Pocket Passers.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah option QB's are good in HS if you can find one...you do a good job man...wasn't saying anything bad about you...just talking about the next 3 or 4 years...I don't think Caleb is a good choice for your replacement...they need someone about Dillon's size ya know?

[ QUOTE ]

Lance man, thats notta knock.. just the truth.. the grundy qb does good for a little guy. Like alot of ppl has said. Limited offense. The line had better hold this year. or there will be alot of ints.. or sacks. The plus IMO, is lots of handoffs!! One good block and it'll be 5, 10 or to the house!! lol The neg. is that there is alot of good recievers that are not the rebound type catchers. A 6' qb standing in the pocket could see 3 or 4 targets then fire the ball and not have to lob it to a spot.

But, every team wishes it had something to make them better. You play with what you got.

My rushing picks.

1. Marcum

2. Wilson

3. Jennings

4. Henry

5. Bronson Brown/If he gets the call enough.

Must I go on. or have i missed anyone. How about the Carroll backs??

Whata ya think Lance?? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Top picks?

I'd go with :

1. Marcum 1,500+

2. Jennings 1,200+

3. Wilson 1,000+

4. Henry (will split time as G-man said)800+

5. Yates 800+

just a guess just for fun...with injuries and stuff you never know what will happen.

I figure Marcum and Jennings will be the top two just because Marcum will get the carries and have a decent line and Jennings will have a good line to run behind and should be looked at as the feature back this year which will mean 20+ carries a game for him easy I think...Wilson will also have a good line to run behind and everyone knows Wyatt will run the wheels off him...so he could be in the mix as well at the top, however I think Saunders will step up and bring a passing game to T-Town this year like they have not had in a long time...as for Henry...as Gman said I think he'll be splitting the carries to much to reach the top, however if he has been working out this offseason and can produce you know Graham loves the feature back in the offense...Carroll County is still the big question mark...no one really knows what they will have or what's even going on down there...and for them that's a great place to be going in to the season....so...who knows?