SWVAFootball.com Preseason Sweet 16

GMan

hey i'm just glad Westside made your teams to watch out for...lol...i seriously think they will have another decent season with another playoff appearance, as for how long they will be in the post season i dunno?....i'm sure they will be there longer than Logan though...lol

I added the remaining Region III, Class AA district this season after the Dogwood (the combination district) went all Class A. Thought I might as well include them since I had the RRD and the BRD on the site.

OB Blake is gone but his little brother will be taking over the QB position from what I hear. They have a kid who has already verballed to VT...Daryl Robertson, 6'3", 285. Liberty should win the Seminole, but don't overlook Heritage, Jefferson Forest, or Brookville. Any team that survives the Seminole regular season will be tough to handle come playoff time.

The Sweet 16 is purely my opinion based on what I read, hear, and know. If you go back and look, my early season predictions are fairly accurate, of course you will have a team or two that come out of nowhere and a team or two that will disappoint.

I think it's pretty accurate starting out the year based on who has people back from last year...Grundy in particular is still somewhat of an unknown until we see what happens with the O-Line and who will step up at LB and on the D-Line...The infamous group of super JR's finally get to be SR's this year but still lost a LOT of All State talent from last year... C. Owens, A. Marcum, and A. Looney will all be hard to find replacements who can play at that level...2 hard hitting LB's and a DE...lot to replace on defense...which is the only thing that kept Grundy alive last year.

We shall see...

Thanks for the compliment. We don't deserve to be on the list based on last year's record and what we lost.

That said, we are looking forward to earning a place on the list. opening up with Tennessee High will be a good measuring stick for us.

Let's just sort it all out on the field. D3 looks strong this year.

[ QUOTE ]

Wait...

so Richlands is not Division 4 anymore? ... they can play graham or grundy or tazewell in the playoffs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and I'm already on record as saying I hate it.

i dont like it either

It would've been nice last year tho to see your team w/ ringstaff and thad take on the highpowered Gretna... Richlands probably would've put up a much better fight than tazewell did .. no offense

[ QUOTE ]

i dont like it either

It would've been nice last year tho to see your team w/ ringstaff and thad take on the highpowered Gretna... Richlands probably would've put up a much better fight than tazewell did .. no offense

[/ QUOTE ]

Outcome would probably have been close to the same...Richlands could have probably put up more points on Gretna, but Salem exposed Richlands to what happens when you get 3 or 4 players with a speed advantage. I think Richlands and Grundy would have both given Gretna a good game, but I don't know if either would have had the horsepower to beat them...any given friday kinda thing I guess...but not likely.