What team?

ballbreaker

Mt. Hope and Oak Hill I think will be an alsome game. Both schools have a common and some what bitter rivalry. Its been since the 70's when most of the players, now, father's play for this teams and went up agest each other. since the 70's, the battle for the little brown jug has not been played intill this year 2005. So will the Oak Hill Red Divils retain the jug, a school who is dertermand to revive them selfs after a dissapointing season last year, or will it be the Mt. Hope Mustangs, who will take the jug back. Mt. Hope being a team who has been wanting to play for the jug since oak hill droped us, a team that is thirsty to brake some old losing steaks and wipe the rust off of their sholdiers. So on september the 2nd 2005, the old rivalery between the Devils and the Mustangs will take place in the mustang's home field, a stadaum that is said to be one of the best high school stadum built in the two virginias.

I've always wanted Beaver to matchup with Salem, William Fleming, or any of the quality teams from the New River and Roanoke Valley. I also wouldn't mind seeing Bluefield play Gate City. I find it hard to believe with the tradition of both schools they have never played a game against one another.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

It may be lop sided, but Hurley and Grundy. I think if these teams would have had a anual game every year it would be a BIG cross town Rivalry.

What team is it that Bluefield played this past year that had the best QB in the State of WV... Its like Martinsburg or Morgantown or something like that I know its probably more than 3 hours away but I thought that would of been a Awesome game! That or a Graham Harrisonburg rematch from 2001....

[ QUOTE ]

pocahontas and richlands tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

"What team would you like to see your team play that would be an outstanding test without driving 3 hours?"

And that would be a "test" for either team??

[ QUOTE ]

Seems like a strange matchup. Any particular reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both are quality programs that many schools avoid putting on their schedule for whatever reason. Both schools needed a game last year so they agreed to a one year deal to make a tenth game for both schools. It was an awesome high school football game and if you missed it you missed a good one. At the time Martinsburg was number one in Class AAA and Bluefield number one in Class AA....Bluefield won 31-28.

This turned out to be Martinsville only regular season loss of the year and they advanced to the Class AAA Championship game before losing to State Champions Morgantown.

Hope that helps clarify why they played last year.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Seems like a strange matchup. Any particular reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both are quality programs that many schools avoid putting on their schedule for whatever reason. Both schools needed a game last year so they agreed to a one year deal to make a tenth game for both schools. It was an awesome high school football game and if you missed it you missed a good one. At the time Martinsburg was number one in Class AAA and Bluefield number one in Class AA....Bluefield won 31-28.

This turned out to be Martinsville only regular season loss of the year and they advanced to the Class AAA Championship game before losing to State Champions Morgantown.

Hope that helps clarify why they played last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually asking about the post wanting Richlands to play Elizabethton or Tenn. High. Although, I was passing through Bluefield the night they played Martinsburg, on the way back from the Tazewell Gate City game and listened to some of it on the radio. Sounded like a very exciting game.