BHS VS GHS

BLU

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

yea you guys beat graham the second time but which game do you think counts? hmmmm... lets see the one you get the Trophy for and if i remember you guys at bluefield dont have it. i shined it up the other day...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you're keeping it shined. Have it looking nice on the night of August 25th for when you hand it over to Bluefield.

BTW: Does Graham not have a policy about allowing current players to trash talk on Internet message boards? Better be glad you aren't at Bluefield son or else you'd be running the hill as much as your like running your mouth.

[ QUOTE ]

What was the score? Did you play f ball back in the day. I bet you got ran over by those maroon helmets alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i played.and not too many maroon helmets ran me over.but i did hit a lineman from bluefield so hard it busted his facemask from the helmet on one side.

Yeah right, thats humorous, tell us another one. I bet you ran down the sideline for the winning score in the championship game and won the game at the last second. HAHAH. Cracked a facemask, good lord, give me a break.

I do recall a bluefield punt returner getting knocked unconscious in the 1984 contest...and yes, he did have a cracked helmet. Those guys met helmet to helmet, if I recall. I can't remember the names of either player, but I remember the hit and it was one of the hardest hits I have EVER seen in high school football. The kid was carried off on a stretcher and that is the truth. Luckily they were both o.k.

[ QUOTE ]

The kicker's helmet with the single bar across doesnt count! lol

BLFD has a dust ring in a square in the case..its there so many years in a row..it gave us time to clean it out, will bring it back

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are referring to the Pocahontas Coal Association trophy that is given to the winner of the Graham-Beaver game, then realize this.......since the trophy was first presented in 2001, Graham has won it 3 times, Bluefield twice. Whether you guys realize it or not, its not 1968 any more. The days of Beaver winning 8 games every decade is over. Get used to it......

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The kicker's helmet with the single bar across doesnt count! lol

BLFD has a dust ring in a square in the case..its there so many years in a row..it gave us time to clean it out, will bring it back

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are referring to the Pocahontas Coal Association trophy that is given to the winner of the Graham-Beaver game, then realize this.......since the trophy was first presented in 2001, Graham has won it 3 times, Bluefield twice. Whether you guys realize it or not, its not 1968 any more. The days of Beaver winning 8 games every decade is over. Get used to it......

[/ QUOTE ]

amen brother,you took the words outta my mouth.i wouldnt clean around that dust ring it will remind you of the old days.

And whats the overall record of Bluefield-Graham-- for some reason you guys won't type it........ Until you graham kids at least even get close to a respectable overall record between us, keep respecting your cross town rivals. 1968? Lets take a look by decade at the record. Anybody got them?

i dont really care about the past record because truthfully...on any given day..any team can beat any other team no matter what the overall record of the series is...

OHH but if the record was the other way around you all would be spitting them out like watermelon seeds.. You know we are always going to bring the total record up. Cause all area teams have been BLFD's bbeeeaaachheeesss every year. We have to take beatings from AAA school in Wv or Ky teams.

[ QUOTE ]

I do recall a bluefield punt returner getting knocked unconscious in the 1984 contest...and yes, he did have a cracked helmet. Those guys met helmet to helmet, if I recall. I can't remember the names of either player, but I remember the hit and it was one of the hardest hits I have EVER seen in high school football. The kid was carried off on a stretcher and that is the truth. Luckily they were both o.k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't recall the names??? PLEASE, futbolking!!! You know the names as well as your brothers'! LOL

Kevin Yost (Graham) and Brian Janutolo (Bluefield)...Janutolo got the worst of the hit...

[ QUOTE ]

We have to take beatings from AAA school in Wv or Ky teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, teams like Herbert Hoover...ooops WV AA, my bad...and Weir...but they are in ummm, Penn, ummm, Ohi, ummm, oh yeh, WV...I believe they are AA too...didn't they throttle some team for the State Title last year???

I seem to have struck a nerve w/ GMAN...You know exactly what Im mean. If you recallsomeone mentioned that it is not 1968 anymore. I was saying we played teams like morgantown, charleston, Beckly(back in the day now..). You all have that crap in va...graham was regoinal,tazewell co., swva, southern tip of virginia champs but no state title agian last year right...I bet you delete this one too.

[ QUOTE ]

And whats the overall record of Bluefield-Graham-- for some reason you guys won't type it........ Until you graham kids at least even get close to a respectable overall record between us, keep respecting your cross town rivals. 1968? Lets take a look by decade at the record. Anybody got them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Matter of fact,I do......

1910's- 1-0 Beaver

1920's- 2-0 Beaver

1930's- 7-2 Beaver

1940's-9-0-1 Beaver

1950's-6-3-1 Beaver

1960's- 8-2 Beaver

1970's- 7-3 Beaver

1980's- 7-3 Beaver

1990's- 7-3 Beaver

2000's- 4-3 Beaver

Granted, you guys owned us for a long time. But unless you pick up the pace soon, this will be the most even decade ever. I'm not flaming, just stating the facts. If not for the extra game last year that you won, we would be even right now this decade.By my calculations the record is pre 1970 33-7-2 in favor of Bluefield, and 25-12 since.

With all due respect to graham though, who are we kidding, graham is still looking for that big 3 victories in a row against bluefield, bluefield has 5 or 6 in a row commonly. And that with many talented bluefield players from bluefield wv transfering to the va. side throughout the recent decades. For some reason there's been a lot of disrespect towards bluefield and wv football, but there are the facts.

Beaver Teeth maybe you should refrain from posting on here,because the more you post the dumber you get. I mean for instance when was it that Bluefield played a AAA team from Kentucky? Answer not in the past 10 years. Another thing is you need to learn to show respect to the posters on the board and the schools they represent,because honestly just because Bluefield may have winning records against all area teams doesn't give you the right as a fan to trash any person or school on this board. Anyone that knows organized sports knows you're suppose to win and lose with class,because someone who doesn't is the real loser in the end.The only thing that you're accomplishing on this board is showing your ignorance and making Bluefield look bad,so honestly you should just shut up.

[ QUOTE ]

Beaver Teeth maybe you should refrain from posting on here,because the more you post the dumber you get. I mean for instance when was it that Bluefield played a AAA team from Kentucky? Answer not in the past 10 years. Another thing is you need to learn to show respect to the posters on the board and the schools they represent,because honestly just because Bluefield may have winning records against all area teams doesn't give you the right as a fan to trash any person or school on this board. Anyone that knows organized sports knows you're suppose to win and lose with class,because someone who doesn't is the real loser in the end.The only thing that you're accomplishing on this board is showing your ignorance and making Bluefield look bad,so honestly you should just shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I feel better about my day now!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Beaver Teeth maybe you should refrain from posting on here,because the more you post the dumber you get. I mean for instance when was it that Bluefield played a AAA team from Kentucky? Answer not in the past 10 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true! And if I remember correctly, that team from Kentucky, Pikeville, I believe, that kicked the crap out of Bluefield at Mitchell Stadium was a CLASS A school with around 400 students...

[ QUOTE ]

Is considered a succesful season when you go 4 an 6 but you were regional champs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to give you guys credit for trying, but you keep swinging and missing...

To answer your question, I couldn't tell you...Graham has never won a region championship going 4-6.

They did however win the Region going 5-5...started the season 1-4, then Leonard Graves learned how to turn up field, won 4 or the last 5 games to make the playoffs, beat the Piedmont Champ on their homefield in the first round 28-7, throttled an undefeated Lebanon team 41-20 in their backyard to win the Region IV Championship. Lost the following week in the State Semis to the eventual State Champion, Rustburg.

[ QUOTE ]

I seem to have struck a nerve w/ GMAN...You know exactly what Im mean. If you recallsomeone mentioned that it is not 1968 anymore. I was saying we played teams like morgantown, charleston, Beckly(back in the day now..). You all have that crap in va...graham was regoinal,tazewell co., swva, southern tip of virginia champs but no state title agian last year right...I bet you delete this one too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please!!! Name the last time Bluefield had Morgantown on its regular season schedule. The only reason you had schools from Charleston on your schedule was because "back in the day" when you all were AAA those were the closest AAA schools you could find. You also had Welch and Gary on the schedule too back in the day. Why isn't Woodrow on your schedule now??? Don't give me the old "because their in the MSAC now" excuse...they still have two dates to fill outside their MSAC schedule...why doesn't Bluefield jump on one of those?

Also, Bluefield isn't in a "conference" or "district" like Graham is...yes, we are "required" to play "district opponents" every season. But there have been many occassions when we couldn't get other VA schools from our "region" to play us. So instead, we have had to schedule the likes of Salem, Blacksburg, Christiansburg, Martinsville, George Washington-Danville, Patrick Henry-Roanoke, Woodrow Wilson, Mount View, Tennessee High, Elizabethton, and Greeneville. With the exception of Mount View all those schools have at least TWICE the enrollment, several have THREE AND FOUR times the enrollment of Graham...and Graham beat every one of those teams at one time or another with the exception of Woodrow Wilson (only played once and lost by 7) and Elizabethton (lost both times to them...they were led by some guy named Jason Witten...I think he plays for the Dallas Cowboys now). So don't try to say Graham avoids playing the "big boys"...