UPSET....GILES 30 CHRISTIANSBURG 13

GMan

He played, and he was a big playmaker. Giles done well shutting the rest of the offense down except for 2 or 3 runs. Giles offense is way ahead of last years at this time. Giles was also without the star lineman Conan Cook. C-burg is a very good team. They shut the middle of the line down until the 3rd quarter.

i think thats the O they run. i just remimber a buck eye play or some thing. u mihgt want to ask some one thats been around a bit longer then me but in past 3 years i played them they ran some thing with no QB.

It's called the single wing. James Monroe got it from Giles being their coach currently came from there. Although they do run a different set, or variation, of it. Northwood also runs it, but also, a different variation. And I can honestly say, if you wanna see how the single wing is supposed to look, go watch a Giles football game. Those guys run that same offense from the time they pick up a football. Fun stuff to watch when they're playing someone thats never seen it before. Just too bad it's Giles.

Its one of the oldest formations in football.You are probably thinking of the buck lateral. Giles runs buck lateral series and straight series. They run a few plays out of the spin series. Its the most smash mouth offense in football. Giles county has never fielded a team that didnt run single wing. Narrows ran it forever, then Giles took it over. Before Narrows ran it everyone ran it. It is very tricky but its based on basic fundamentals and good blocking.

I watched the highlights last night on WDBJ-7, and it was the Ricky Cook show for the most part. The kid did all offensively scoring three touchdowns if I remember correctly. I realize this is a rivalry game, but C'burg has much work to do if they hope to seriously contend in Group 3.

[ QUOTE ]

Its one of the oldest formations in football.You are probably thinking of the buck lateral. Giles runs buck lateral series and straight series. They run a few plays out of the spin series. Its the most smash mouth offense in football. Giles county has never fielded a team that didnt run single wing. Narrows ran it forever, then Giles took it over. Before Narrows ran it everyone ran it. It is very tricky but its based on basic fundamentals and good blocking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea that spin thingy when the blocking back turns his back to every one and down here we always called it a Buck eye sweep or maybe the buck sweep. but i think its an easy O to learn but u cant stop it. ur keys are easy but some how they just run right over u.

It is a simple offense, and easy to read the keys, but believe me its hard to stop. That is because of the line play. Even if you know where the ball is, its hard to make the play from laying on the ground and looking out of your earhole. Giles only runs about 5 or 6 basic plays but they run them to perfection. Their defense is what impressed me in this game, holding C-burg to just over 100 yards rushing. James Monroe fans were worried about their team, because Giles held them in check in the scrimmage, but Giles' run defense is for real. JM has nothing to worry about. They have a good team also.

we scrimmaged them my Freshman year.I hate the Single Wing with a passion,mostley because I never knew which way the ball was coming out. Hard to key up on one player especially if you have the dive but you have no clue where the ball is going to be.

Giles is good enough too talk about state. However, Glenvar looms in the district with potentially a match up of 9-0. Glenvar is VERY good and really has no competition until the last game against Giles. I predict those 2 will play twice. Gretna? I suspect they will finally face somebody good latter this year. They haven't faced no one yet this yet that is goo denough to validate state.

Guest Chubz

[ QUOTE ]

there not that good but they r very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

So they are "not that good", but at the same time, they are "very good" ?

Run that by me again? confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

there not that good but they r very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

So they are "not that good", but at the same time, they are "very good" ?

Run that by me again? confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously have not been here long enough to get to know goalie. grin.gif