congrats to garon marcum

buzzsawBeaver

I learned a lot about Garon last night. This was my first game seeing him this year. He took a beating and never gave up. From what I was told the beating he took last week was of unreal proportions and he never gave up.

Everyone that was at the game saw that no matter where he went, the defense shifted. The entire line and the linebackers. So when he got the ball he was staring at at least 3 defenders, everytime. In the second half he just got contact and drug defenders with him.

I hope the line gives him some blocks the rest of the season because I didnt see any holes last night.

But good job Garon. Your one tough cookie. Lol.

Guest old_school

I have to ask you Jimmy, is the lack of blocking going to hurt Garon's chances of getting recruited? The kid is full of talent but if he can't get through the line, he can't get the large amount of yards that everyone is expecting from him.

Ah man I dont know anything about it. At this point he just wants a walk on invite,or something, from anywhere. First one to offer him he will more than likely go there. He just wants to play like anyone else. I know what your saying about the stats will be awful but everyone at those games saw the same thing we did. I dont care who you are, there arent too many people that can run with 3 people all over them. In the third and fourth he just started dragging people for five yards at a time. And thats impressive for someone 175 pounds. He is extremely powerful in his legs.

But that college stuff. We dont know. All we can do is pray for something good to work out for him.

he's missing the line and brother Aaron throwing lead blocks...everyone knows Aaron was a great LB, I think now you are starting to see just how good a a FB he was also...there were times where he just killed the DE,OLB, or Corner to spring Garon and a long run.

Hopefully someone will give him a shot to play college ball...he has amazing potential if given a chance.

I look forward to 4,000 now.

Thanks everyone... I'm just glad that record stuff is outta the way. Thanks a lot everybody!!

I never really talked to anyone from Bluefield but I do have to say that they are some good people...Coaches and players.... My respect goes out to'um..

Congrats Garon on the record. Now, if we could just get another pick up game going on over at SVCC, I could teach you some of my moves. Just kidding......

Keep working hard......good job, I wish you the best the rest of the year.

Congrats Garon. Put this kid on any team w/ even a mediocre line and he's running for 2,000+ yards and 25 TD's. It's just a bad situation where he doesn't have any blocking, but you would never hear him complain. I firmly believe he will be on a D1 roster next year. Hopefully that roster will be WVU's! LOL

I can't tell you congratulations enough, bro. I'm just sorry I couldn't make it to see it in person. I told all the guys at work that my boy is making the history books back in our little town of Grundy.

You've got the talent and most importantly, the heart to go far and succeed. I may not be able to make it to every game but you know you'll always have my support. Congrats again and we'll talk to you soon.

Guest old_school

100% congratulations on the record and I hope you set a standard that will be hard for the next guy to accomplish. I wish you the best on the college deal also, take the first offer and get the education. Best of luck the rest of the year. SouthWest Va is proud of you.