Graham's speed

tornado99

Bluefield,

Made my point exactly. Didn't wrap up on the tackle. Major fundamental football flaw.

May want to hold your luck comments until after the game, however. As the season progresses Im sure you hope that Bluefields skill improves. But remember, as beaver improves, so does GHS.

Will be at the Graham Bluefied game no 2, afterwards we'll discuss. But I can promise you this much win or lose you wont hear me making excuses about missing players or mistakes which shouldnt have happened. In my opinion, you play with what you got, and mistakes made by the team belong to the team.

Bad calls by refs are a whole other story..lol...

It amazes me at how people perceive the comments of others. I wasn't making "excuses" for Bluefield losing, I was simply pointing out one of the reasons that they lost. It seems everytime someone points out a factor for a team losing that they're accused of "making excuses." And when Graham loses the second game you'll be pointing out mistakes that they made that led to their defeat. When Richlands defeats Graham on Friday night you and the other Graham folks will be doing the exact same thing. So when you do, just know I'll be there to make you aware not to make "excuses" for losing.

Yeah

fellows... hope i don't get kicked off, but Bluefield Rules, moderator or not, has a <font color="black"> terrible </font> attitude towards graham football.

You straight put-down graham ridiculously more than your put-up or cheer for bluefield...

I'm sorry, please let me apologize for not being a Graham drum beater and believing that are the greatest team ever. smirk.gif

I like to see Graham do well, especially with Bluefield needing all the playoff points that they can muster. However, I'm not bias toward them in the regard that I'll say and/or believe they're better than they actually are. I wasn't overly impressed with Graham in the Bluefield game. I thought they had a solid team, very fundamentally sound as most Graham teams are. Henry is a load and work-horse.

The standard that I compare all Graham teams to now, fair or not, is that of the 2001 Graham team was that a juggernaut. And the 2005 edition of the G-Men don't come close to that team in any regard. Now if that means I have a "terrible attitude" towards Graham then so be it. However, as I'm sure the G-Man will attest to, I've defend Graham in many areas around the internet over the past four years or so. And I'll do the same today if needed, but I won't build them up into something they're not.

[ QUOTE ]

The standard that I compare all Graham teams to now, fair or not, is that of the 2001 Graham team was that a juggernaut. And the 2005 edition of the G-Men don't come close to that team in any regard. Now if that means I have a "terrible attitude" towards Graham then so be it. However, as I'm sure the G-Man will attest to, I've defend Graham in many areas around the internet over the past four years or so. And I'll do the same today if needed, but I won't build them up into something they're not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough bluefield, but do you hold yourself to the same standard with the Beaver? Been a lot of good bluefield teams prior to the one this year.

Regardless, hope the Beavers have a great game, at least this friday night, And I sure hope my Gmen come strapped in and ready to play tomorro night!

Not trying to start any drama, but Spike I think it is a tad bit amusing that you didn't see what Bluefield was trying to say the first time. Does Bluefeild rules need to go into concrete detail so you will understand what he's talking about? What you quoted back to Bluefield was exactly what he was saying. And talking about skills. With their QB back after the injury, I think you will see plenty of skill when you play them again.

If that is what you are comparing them to then no Graham team will ever be worth a crap. Which I guess means Bluefield will never be worth a crap either since one of the greatest Beaver teams of all time just graduated everyone. We have a nice little team, not great, but not terrible either. You have made little backhanded comments about us that aren't really fair. But that will all come out in the wash next week won't it?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Respectfully, I have to disagree with your Graham standard. Many times people say that winning is the bottom line, and in terms of making comparisons, I agree. Therefore, until another Graham team wins a State Championship, the '89 and '95 teams remain the standard.

Of course, I'm a bit partial.

In my opinion a title doesn't always equal the program's best team, in some seasons the competition is better than others. Bluefield's 96 team was in my opinion considerably stronger than '04 overall, but east bank had a very formidable team as well. And '92's was certainly, but they were aaa, so you could do away with arguing decades of bluefield teams by not debating aaa and aa.......

In my opinion the '- 01 graham team was their best in decades, but myself I don't consider graham by those types of standards.....

Graham fans are so easy to get their panties in the wad. They're by far the bunch most on edge and ready to pounce at anything negative. If this thread doesn't show that then I have no clue to what does.

And just for the record, the team that I compare present Bluefield teams is the 1997 team. And while last year's Bluefield team was very special and an outstanding group of kids, on and off the field, they didn't compare to the 1997 team. Is that fair that I compare? Maybe not. But everyone uses comparisons everyday in life to help make order and better qualify things in their respective lives.

[ QUOTE ]

Graham fans are so easy to get their panties in the wad. They're by far the bunch most on edge and ready to pounce at anything negative. If this thread doesn't show that then I have no clue to what does.

And just for the record, the team that I compare present Bluefield teams is the 1997 team. And while last year's Bluefield team was very special and an outstanding group of kids, on and off the field, they didn't compare to the 1997 team. Is that fair that I compare? Maybe not. But everyone uses comparisons everyday in life to help make order and better qualify things in their respective lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, maybe on the whole, Graham fans are the most on the edge. Personally, I am not really into being edgy. I was simply noting that I think the teams of 89 and 95 get the edge in the regard of best Graham teams ever.

On a whole, my family has been closely tied to some of the best Beaver or Graham or their history as a whole. Uncle, Beaver's first All-State/All-American player in 62. Father, player and then coach in '67 and '75 (also All-State in '69). Myself, got mine at Graham in '95. I am deeply emersed in Bluefield football history. Not a sermon, just a thought.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you are trying to say we cant get along is that it??? you wanna fight??? lmao...just kidding....i know what you mean....for some reason i get frustrated sometimes when i read these....