Castlewood and Hurley

hokiesmokie

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who cares they still get killed. whats going to happen to hurley when they redistrict the teams. I guess they will have to fold the program and watch other people or even better they might let you all play football at grundy or twin valley. because you all will not win when that happens and futher more your kids might not even come out and play anyway.

[ QUOTE ]

so when castlewood beats hurley tonite is that the excuse you all will use that you had players hurt and suspended

[/ QUOTE ]

Hurley will only drop two games this year, Haysi and Honaker...and they might just beat Haysi...no way they will beat Honaker though.

Castlewood won't stay within 14 points after the first 6 minutes.

I've watched Haysi and Hurley play this year, I watched Haysi play Rye Cove, and watched Hurley play last weekend. I think Hurley has a definite shot against Haysi. Unless Haysi had an off night in that game.

[ QUOTE ]

man lance i need some of what you are smoking.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can get it anywhere...it's called "a clue"..you should check in to it...very good stuff. shocked.giftongue.gif

Goodness, you don't get on here in a week and the threads you post in go ape!

I am unable to go to Hurley's game tonight because of a death in the family. I wish I could be there, but I'm just not able to. I wish them the best of luck and hope I get home tonight to find out my Rebels rolled.

However, I am sticking by my comments before. Castlewood has yet to do anything to make me say they can beat Hurley. Of course, the sad thing is, Hurley has little to gain from this game. If they win, people will say "oh well, they should have won" and if they lose people will say "see, I told you guys Castlewood was better than you thought."

Which one is it? I guess it doesn't matter. Hurley will have to earn there respect in two weeks against Haysi. Thats where it has to be done, on the field.

It does my heart good to see perennial underdog Hurley accomplishing so much. I would love to see the Rebels represent Region D Divison 1 in the state-semis! That being said, I am still very skeptical, and feel that I won't know how good they are until they play Honaker or Haysi, BUT I believe they are one of the top 3 teams in their Region and Division (J.I. Burton and Appalachia). I wouldn't hesitate at all to pick Hurley by a couple of touchdowns. Although I believe they are a couple of steps below Burton's talent level, I think they can compete with anyone in Division I.

Talk now Wah-Wah...say anything...people like u need to just read and not post...dont put a team down, u have no right in this world to do that..are u out there friday night giving it your all...killing yourself...probably not so lets just shut up and watch and see...if you see hurleys team you might think a peewee team some of the guys they suit up..but those boys will hit u in the mouth quicker than u can open it...hurley played these Big Double A and Triple A schools for years, Grundy(no offense) didnt play matewan when they had the joplins brothers, did grundy play powell valley when the jones boys where running for them?..NOO..and Hurley did it was 13 players..lol..they dont have numbers simply cause of most of there big guys and naturally athletic guys are so bad on Drugs when they get in highschool that they dont worry about anything but a Oxy..lol.. about the whole theo thing, its been goin on since i can remeber, Hipps, Stephen, Theo, Heath..even Greg Tester went to grundy for a year i think(correct me if im wrong) its there decison...but its not respectful..but its for them to decide not us..when we gradute where just spectators not players anymore..

PEACE

Peace.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

I dont think we have ever played any Triple A teams. only thing your wrong on I think. But when we played the Jones boys Hurley was a program that had 30-40 players in it. And even when we played Matewan we had 20-25 players.

Hurley played against Julius Jones. They never played against Thomas Jones. It was not like Hurley was a power back then. When was the last time they won a district game against Honaker or Haysi?? When was the last time they beat both of them in the same year??

Guest BB_TWEEDER

1992 was the last time we won district. And in 1996 we beat Honaker and lost to Haysi, but beat Haysi during the playoff's to go on and play Julius and Powell Valley. And in 1992 we played Thomas during the playoffs and nearley beat them. that was Thomas Soph. year.

Hurley was in Division 2 just because there were a few schools smaller schools than Hurley in Region D. Pocy joining the MED pushed them a little closer to Div 1 and I think the consolidation of Garden and Whitewood and Gate City moving to Region D finally pushed them down into Div 1.

no grundy played graham STATE CHAMPS played matwan when they were ranked in the top 5 in the state of wva. Why are you putting down grundy they play a tuff games every year the only reason they played garden hurley is because the school system made them beleive me grundy would have rather played other teams besides those because it didnt help grundy one bit beating hurley 40 and 50 to 0 and garden as well.