Castlewood and Hurley

hokiesmokie

This week will be interesting. The undefeated Rebels will be visiting Castlewood. Castlewood is improving, however they do not have the talent to beat Hurley. Hurley has improved their running game and passing game against the Big Creek Owls. Hurley has the best running backs in Southwest virginia. I heard that their running backs coach is Greg Tester. He was great when he played. I think he played some pro. ball.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Castlewood appears to have a case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. The same team that thumped Twin Valley cannot be the same team that got rolled by Rye Cove. Didn't Castlewood even get beat by Holston?

Castlewood will have problems scoring points on Hurley's defense, and on the otherside of the coin, will also find it hard to keep Hurley off the scoreboard. I can see this game being as ugly as there game with Rye Cove, but Hurley will put the second string D in long enough for Castlewood to get rid of the goose egg.

I agree, Castlewood will have a hard time scoring against hurley. They have a tough defense. Castlewood has a big game and then a sorry game. Last week they beat a sorry St.Paul. I think St.Paul only had 15 players. I watched the Twin Valley game. Our boys quit in the second half. Hopefully, the Rebels can win one for the BDD.

I know that Rye Cove beat castlewood easily but they are a very good football team. They took Haysi into overtime. This castlewood team will be a good test for Hurley. It wont be easy. Dont be overconfident. I am from Hurley nd i have seen castlewood play. It will be a good game. Castlewood has a pretty stout defense. It will be their toughes game yet i think. They are about the same as Big Creek. Dont take no team for granted.

How can you say Hurley will get a chance to put their second string in. We are not that good yet. Rye Cove is on a whole other level than Twin Valley. We have not playe aginst a team as good as Rye Cove yet. Dont count your chickens. You cant go bys scores. Yes Rye cove is about 40 or 50 points better than Twin Valley. Thsts the reason Castlewood got whipped by Rye cove. You will see ten in the playoffs

Face it....the Cumberland District is not in the BDD's league. Honaker and Haysi would destroy every team in the Cumberland District. Rye Cove played a Haysi team without Ryan Jones.. If Ryan Jones was healthy, Haysi would have killed them. IMO, Ryan Jones is one of the better backs in the Southwest area. I give credit to Hurley's backs. They run hard and play well together. They should have a big game against the Devils. Go panthers!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Face it....the Cumberland District is not in the BDD's league. Honaker and Haysi would destroy every team in the Cumberland District. Rye Cove played a Haysi team without Ryan Jones.. If Ryan Jones was healthy, Haysi would have killed them. IMO, Ryan Jones is one of the better backs in the Southwest area. I give credit to Hurley's backs. They run hard and play well together. They should have a big game against the Devils. Go panthers!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not 100% sure about this but if im not mistakein the only time ryan jones didnt play was in Overtime of that game. may be wrong but just what i heard ? just tell me if im wrong?

Guest BB_TWEEDER

My brother in law watched that game since it was our bye week and Jones didnt play.

Honaker and Haysi should destroy the Cumberland District since they are Division 2 and every team in the Cumberland is Division 1. If everyone thinks that this will be a great game, then it will be lights out when Hurley has to face Appy, Rye Cove, or J. I. Burton in the playoffs.

On another note: Greg Tester played the majority of his collegiate ball at UVA-Wise, and was an outstanding running back there. I am sure that Hurley benefits greatly from his experience in college as well as arena football.

OK comparing the BDD and the CD. BDD top half (THE TIGERS)

would go a combined 12 and 0, the lower half hurley and Twin Valley would go 5 and 7. As a whole the BDD is better but TV and Hurley need to be quiet (even though Hurley is improving)

back to the point hurley will beat castlewood by 1 or 2 TDs

I went to the Castlewood and St. Paul game if Hurley can stop #30 I think thats his # they give him the ball 99% of the time they will WIN big time. If Hurley can throw the ball do it! Shane should have a big game.

Castlewood is a solid team. I have watched them play two times. They are young and make mistakes that young players will make. Hurley, ? What do they have? They have beat some weak teams. They also ran up the score against Thomas Walker. T Walker is a team thats starts 10 or more freshman. Castlewood let their second team play late in the game when they played T Walker. I heard they have a tough running back. However, the Devils play tough on defense when they play smaller teams. Go Blue Devils!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Castlewood is a solid team. I have watched them play two times. They are young and make mistakes that young players will make. Hurley, ? What do they have? They have beat some weak teams. They also ran up the score against Thomas Walker. T Walker is a team thats starts 10 or more freshman. Castlewood let their second team play late in the game when they played T Walker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I talked to a second string player from hurley a freshman who never played football before and all he talked about was all the yards he was able to get against T. Walker. he said they couldn't help but score it was like T. Walker was letting them..

so Hurley put their "second" team in when it was 8-8 starting the third quater? I'm pretty sure the first team was in there until late in the fourth.......Hurley didn't put their "second" team in until they blocked a Big Creek punt and recovered the ball on BC's six yard line.

[ QUOTE ]

so Hurley put their "second" team in when it was 8-8 starting the third quater? I'm pretty sure the first team was in there until late in the fourth.......Hurley didn't put their "second" team in until they blocked a Big Creek punt and recovered the ball on BC's six yard line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say this guy had a pretty good view of the game and could tell you exactly what happened.