SWD my early picks from my memory!!

babyblue

1. Grundy.. they are all seniors and should be favored to win. New coach, new system, it could be interesting.

2. Richlands.. If they get the athletes out that wouldn't play for Rife, to go along with a good JV squad could be a big supprise. Not to mention, the momentum of football carrying on into bball.

3. Tie.. Graham - Have the athletes but do they have a leader?

Carroll - Same as above but with a new coach.. Will he bring the E & H run and guy to CC... This will be interesting also..

5. Tazewell.. Graduated all the big guys sept.. Justin Wilson.. Can he shoulder the team?? If he gets help they could be a spoiler!

It wont be long guys.. Lot of you wont get to start to hopefully mid December... right??

Getting on a roll at the end is what matters in bball..

Best of Luck to all..

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carroll should be very interesting. They moved up the bulk of a jv team that went undefeated in district for two years until the championship game last year. They also keep the big center Guynn. New coach but great college system that produced alot of wins.

Robinson and mulkey should do good for richlands along with what they'll be getting (i heard like mccrackin jennings clayburne arms) they should be one of the top teams

Graham not only have henry and the others named above, they have stephen brown and tj carper who are both really quick and not afraid to take it in the paint.. i dont know too much about them though, the only game i saw them play last year it looked like they had all seniors starting except for maybe 1

Carroll .. who knows they live halfway cross the country lol j/k

Tazewell will be down after losing alot of seniors. They do have a lot of freshman coming up, TJ Rasnick will prolly play (maybe start) on varsity.

Grundy i really don't know much about them either, i heard one of thier best players went to twin valley? Vandike i think was his name, but they still have the justice guy back (i think is his name) so maybe they can have a good season

probobly graham and richlands fighting for the top spot.. but then again who knows

well i like living half way acroos the country. and weve got a lot coming back this year clay gyinn, willie yates, brad auston, and about 3 more seniors that i cant think of there names right now. and a whole lot of 11th graders coming up from are great JV program.

Goalie, Cory and Easter spread defenses out last year and left Guynn with a lot of 1 on 1 in the middle. I dont think you have a player this year that can get that team goin like Cory did last season.

Um...The player your thinking about wasnt on our team last year either...He left 2 years ago. We won the district last year and only lost 1 player and we gain Stephen Baker who was unable to play due to a shoulder injury.

I said i didn't know anything about grundy.. i know the justice guy is good but i haven't heard anything else about them.. i didnt know who won the distric last year or what everybodys record was. I was just going by what i knew this year.. i knew that coach rife was not a well liked person at richlands, and with him not there more people will be coming back along with the big guy robinson, and mulkey the freshman that came off the bench and scored most of they're points. Graham should be good even though they lost a lot of seniors from last year.. but thats just what i think... don't mean its gonna happen that way

Guest old_school

I think Carroll will win the SWD with Graham behind them.

1. CC

2. Graham

3. Grundy

4. Richlands

5. Tazewell

I think Grundy will be good again since they have all their main players returning. Carroll County will be good with their

center and I'm sure they have some decent guards that can get him the ball. I'm not sure about Richlands. I don't think they will win the district but they may do alright. Tazewell lost everybody so I think it will be back to normal for them. And Graham will have lost key seniors but do have some good players coming back from last year as well as some people coming out they didn't play last year. I would say either Graham or Grundy will have the best shot at winning the district.

Tazewell had a good group of seniors last year but they will be back to their normal selves this year. I don't see them winning more than 2 district games this year. They may beat some of those single A teams in one of those weak tournaments that they play in but I don't know.