SWD R4 D3 Playoffs???

MV91RHS

V High has to beat Lee High to win the Highlands and if they do there in!!!

Tazewell will make it unless they blow the rest of the season and grundy will have to win out and have lots of help to get in there!!!!

I dont see grundy making playoffs this year.Probably 1st round will be va high at graham and tazewell at richlands.

VHSL TOP TEN DIV.3

1 Richlands 22.286

2 James Monroe 20.833

3 Liberty Bedford 20.500

4 Turner Ashby 18.143

5 Handley 18.000

6 Cave Spring 17.833

7 Graham 17.000

8 RE LEE Staunton 16.667 tie

8 Hidden Valley 16.667 tie

9 Poquoson 15.167

10 Tazewell 14.571

My prediction for state championship I believe it will be Richlands vs Handley (even though i would love to see graham get another chance to win it.You never know what can happen in HS football...)

how you get tazewell going to richlands

1 seed plays 4 seed

2 seed plays 3 seed

V high will be the 4th seed even with the winning of the highlands.

becaue they will only win the lee game there other 2 games are richlands and graham so they want move up no futher than 4th seed!!! But tazewell is going to have to beat grundy and marion imo to just make the playoffs!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Should split SWD between D3 and D4. 4 teams in D3 and one in D4. Should be 3 and 2. Be unfair if Grundy wins out and be on the outside looking in come playoff time.

[/ QUOTE ]thats how it was last year

just for discussion...

if v-high beat graham and lee, and tazewell beat grundy and marion...how would that change the seeds? would that be enough for us to move up to #3? or would it come down to the tazewell/honaker game to see who would get that #3 seed?

after tonight we will know more...if Grundy wins they are still alive...if not cross them off the list.

My thoughts are that Va High will be #4 seed Richlands will be the #1 Graham will be #2 and either Grundy or Tazewell will be #3.

If Grundy wins this week, the winner of the Grundy - Tazewell game next week will be in the drivers seat for #3.

Tazewell will beat Marion...so...all that's left to see today is how Grundy does at CC tonight....if they win they are very much alive.

[ QUOTE ]

after tonight we will know more...if Grundy wins they are still alive...if not cross them off the list.

My thoughts are that Va High will be #4 seed Richlands will be the #1 Graham will be #2 and either Grundy or Tazewell will be #3.

If Grundy wins this week, the winner of the Grundy - Tazewell game next week will be in the drivers seat for #3.

Tazewell will beat Marion...so...all that's left to see today is how Grundy does at CC tonight....if they win they are very much alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't count Patrick Co. out just yet. They have four games left, two are VERY winnable and the other two they will likely pick up decent points in losing.

As for Graham, I think they are a fairly solid #2 seed even if they lose the last two. However, there are a few scenarios where they could fall to #3...like Tazewell winning all of their remaining games and/or Patrick Co. winning all of their remaining games.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't count Patrick Co. out just yet. They have four games left, two are VERY winnable and the other two they will likely pick up decent points in losing.

As for Graham, I think they are a fairly solid #2 seed even if they lose the last two. However, there are a few scenarios where they could fall to #3...like Tazewell winning all of their remaining games and/or Patrick Co. winning all of their remaining games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Patrick co. has a tough road ahead with maybe the only game i see them winning is tunstall,maybe martinsville but i seriously doubt them beating bassett or magna vista.I would imagine it will be tazewell at graham and va high at richlands.But someone will have to play Liberty Bedford shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]

well i guess u can cross grundy out of the picture. sry guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I don't know how the math would work out now, but it doesn't look good for Grundy after this loss...with a win they would have gotten Div 4 points and good bonus points from CC...as it stands now they will have to win the last 3 and hope for the best...strange things happen in the last week...I remember last year when Graham made it in by some act of god on the last day of the season.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

well i guess u can cross grundy out of the picture. sry guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I don't know how the math would work out now, but it doesn't look good for Grundy after this loss...with a win they would have gotten Div 4 points and good bonus points from CC...as it stands now they will have to win the last 3 and hope for the best...strange things happen in the last week...I remember last year when Graham made it in by some act of god on the last day of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

No lance it wasnt an act of god last year,martinsville finished 5-5 just like graham but the beating martinsville got from A giles is what gave us the point edge we needed. smirk.gif

Thats for sure.In my opinion if you dont win at least one dist. game you shouldnt be in.I just cant wait till 07' when things begin to change in football as far as dropping and moving up goes,if graham does drop to A some of the teams we play now may not want to schedule us because of the points system and playoff chances.