Carroll County vs. Richlands

CarrollCavs78

Richlands @ Narrows  

1. 1. Richlands @ Narrows

Guest Woolybugger

[ QUOTE ]

cc opposition is approx. 14wins and 39 losses for the season and richlands' competition is approx. 33 and 30 combined for the season ya know over 500 for the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Opponents W-L records don't mean as much as outcomes against common opponents. Check this out

Richlands 48, Grundy 0

Carroll Co. 45, Grundy 6

Richlands 36, Abingdon 0

Carroll Co 33, Abingdon 7

Richlands 27, Tazewell 3

Carroll Co. 21, Tazewell 7

Richlands 47, Marion 3

Carroll Co. 34, Marion 6

I know all that won't mean squat Friday, but it sure doesn't make me think Richlands in a blowout.

Richlands 21, Carroll Co. 17

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

cc opposition is approx. 14wins and 39 losses for the season and richlands' competition is approx. 33 and 30 combined for the season ya know over 500 for the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Opponents W-L records don't mean as much as outcomes against common opponents. Check this out

Richlands 48, Grundy 0

Carroll Co. 45, Grundy 6

Richlands 36, Abingdon 0

Carroll Co 33, Abingdon 7

Richlands 27, Tazewell 3

Carroll Co. 21, Tazewell 7

Richlands 47, Marion 3

Carroll Co. 34, Marion 6

I know all that won't mean squat Friday, but it sure doesn't make me think Richlands in a blowout.

Richlands 21, Carroll Co. 17

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you have to consider that Richlands jv played the 4th quarter of all those games.,....with the exception of Tazewell. blush.gif

Guest Woolybugger

I'm just sayin I will be surprised if it's a blowout. That's all.

i won't...i think richlands wins by 30+ easy...stop #7 and #17 and you stop CC...easier said then done, but Richlands won't have a problem shutting down 2 backs that are on the same or lower level of speed as Graham's 3 headed monster.

I think #7 and #17 are the two you have to stop...the others #6 and the rest are secondary...the kicker...only way to stop that kid is keep them on the other side of the 50 all night...and hope that's enough.

[ QUOTE ]

I dont think this game will even be close as a matter of fact cc wont even score unless richlands turns the ball over deep.CC lost to bassett not that bassett is a bad team but they have lost 3 games liberty bed. 48-14,dan river 14-13,and halifax co. 28-0 so i dont think cc has played a team with the talent of Richlands or even close to them,I just dont believe cc will be able to do anything with the line of richlands,too much size and experience this will defenitly be a blow out. ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep blowout. ooo.gif

There is no Dog like an (Under Dog), if thats what you would like to call Carroll County. I have heard a lot of so called hoopla about Richlands, and yes the record shows they must be a heck of a football team. Regardless, I say once again, "Over Confidence" will be their downfall, if not this Friday maybe the next? Carroll County is nothing to sneeze at as far as records go too. (Good Luck To Both Teams)>> smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

As one great general said to his men before going into battle, "Tis not that we must succeed, but that others must fail, and fail they will!" (Get-Ur-Dun)>>Carroll County

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! A classic morale boosting war quote combined with Larry the Cable Guy. Only one thing to say.......

Here's your sign! shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

As one great general said to his men before going into battle, "Tis not that we must succeed, but that others must fail, and fail they will!" (Get-Ur-Dun)>>Carroll County

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! A classic morale boosting war quote combined with Larry the Cable Guy. Only one thing to say.......

Here's your sign! shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ].............THAT I LIKE!!!!!! grin.gif

i watched the cc vs marion game and cc couldnt score for an entire 1st half that richlands scored 5 touchdowns on in a downpour. there is no such thing as a cakewalk in swd but unless cc can kick 15 field goals this one wont be close. only vhs had any success on the ground against richlands and that offensive line and tailback are better than cc. rhs 42 cc 6.

Geez, first it's a weak secondary and now teams are having success on the ground. Let's just pretend what I'm about to write below was the actual game article.

Richlands, Va - The Virginia High offense ran wild Friday night in a 44-0 LOSS to the vastly overrated Blue Tornado of Richlands. The running game looked unstoppable as they racked up a WHOPPING 69 YARDS on the ground. Equally impressive was the "Air Show" put on by the VHS passing attack. They burned the Blues secondary for an incredible 54 YARDS in route to scoring EXACTLY ZERO POINTS!

Now doesn't all this talk about weakness's on defense seem a little silly? Maybe we (RHS fans) are just a little spoiled by an incredible football team having a remarkable season?

Note to VHS fans: The above is in no way meant as an insult to your team, school or fans.

[ QUOTE ]

There is no Dog like an (Under Dog), if thats what you would like to call Carroll County. I have heard a lot of so called hoopla about Richlands, and yes the record shows they must be a heck of a football team. Regardless, I say once again, "Over Confidence" will be their downfall, if not this Friday maybe the next? Carroll County is nothing to sneeze at as far as records go too. (Good Luck To Both Teams)>> smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all I hear week after week. But has "Over Confidence" hurt us yet? Besides I dont believe our team is over over confident, our fans might be, but when it comes to the players they take each game for what it is, and they dont take anything for granted. With that said, I dont think this game will even be close. Richlands wins big, 35-3.

Is it just me or are fans from other schools talking more than fans from CC (with the exception of Caroll_TB)?

I have confidence that we will win but dang! Lets chill all the trash talk until friday night!

Then we will let the pads do the talking as yall were saying...

When i made this post i in no way wanted it to be a haven for trash talk...i just wanted honest opinions on the game.

So...cant we all just get along?

Oh yea.... GO WHITESOX!!