Richlands, any Div 1 prospects?

82nd

Just curious if anyone on the Richlands football team has had any Div 1 interest, particularily, some of the big guys up front. A post on Virginia Preps inquired about this, and I was curious as well.

I agree with Rebel4Life but I think R-lands has one with Garret Arms hes a big o strong boy and D-1 size! I dont see anyone else being D-1 besides Garon and Garret maybe wrong. They are alot of good players in the SWD but not to many D-1

I have not seen richlands play or for that matter I haven't heard any stats of single players for them but I don't think there are any D1 players in the SWD. At least at a power D1 school, but maybe a small D1 or high D2 is possible, but I don't see any SWD kids PLAYING for a VT, UVA, WVU etc. team this year

Garrett Arms, Big House (definitely has both the size and speed), McCracken and Jennings (nobody said anything about seniors only) these two will be the talk of the entire state next year. And before anybody says anything about size I've got two words BARRY SANDERS. Also, Gayheart and Stanton (both have size, talent, and work ethic)

As far as Marcum, he's got talent. But hasn't put up the numbers this year to be a standout which isn't neccesarily his fault.

there were scouts at the Grundy vs. Richlands game, and the Grundy vs. Abingdon game...Louisville has been looking at Garon, but don't know if they are still around...they were at the US Army combine and had at least 4 pages of notes on him and the same at the UGA Nike camp...one guy even went over to find out why they scratched his first run...which was his best...he just walked of shaking his head after he talked to the guy? From what I heard last he was #3 on the board as far as RB's go for them....after this season who knows where he's at now?

I think Richlands has about 4 kids that could go D1...the linemen they have are great, Geyheart and maybe Jennings if he can stay healthy from here on out...if he has to many more injuries at his size they won't take a chance on him.

Tazewell could probably put a couple of linemen in a D1 school and Graham also if the kids wanted to go after it...i think around here that's a lot of the problem...no one really goes after it.

The kid from CC that kicks could go also...

there are a few in the SWD that could go D1 and D2 and produce good results if they took it seriously...if Richlands stays the course on thier program, you'll see more and more D1 prospects start to emerge over the coming years i'm sure...they are becoming a year round football school and have a good workout program in place...that will breed results.

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with Rebel4Life but I think R-lands has one with Garret Arms hes a big o strong boy and D-1 size! I dont see anyone else being D-1 besides Garon and Garret maybe wrong. They are alot of good players in the SWD but not to many D-1

[/ QUOTE ]

Link

to Rob Stantons profile on rivals.com

[ QUOTE ]

I have not seen richlands play or for that matter I haven't heard any stats of single players for them but I don't think there are any D1 players in the SWD. At least at a power D1 school, but maybe a small D1 or high D2 is possible, but I don't see any SWD kids PLAYING for a VT, UVA, WVU etc. team this year

[/ QUOTE ]

WVU sure likes Garret, he's been up there the past 3 or 4 weekends, lucky dog lol.

As per Richlands head coach, Stanton is being doubled teamed by every team they play. Also, the best linebacker and defensive back are bird-dogging him. This leaves the middle open for Smith, McCracken and Jennings to run wild. I am sure the Div. 1 recruiters have observed this.

Anyone know if Jared Harrison has gotten any looks by any of the smaller schools? I figured for sure Emory and Henry, Concord, Ferrum and UVA Wise would all be glad to have him as well as he is playing this year.

Stanton has a chance to be really good in college I think. He reminds me a little of Ernest Willford in that he's not blazing fast but has the ability to go up for the ball. He does tend to drop a few that he should probably catch but so did Willford early in his career.