Carroll @ Graham

EH31

Graham's defense played very well against Richlands. THink about this, Richlands ran 3 punts down inside the 10 yard line. Any time you let a good team get inside the 10 they will score. Not taking anything away from Richlands bacause special teams is part of the game. Richlands has a very good defense and a good offense. The defense is one of the best I've seen in a long time. But again special teams is what got Graham beat at Richlands.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes every team is better now but think about this how many lost their starting qb and then went to a freshman qb. he now has several games under his belt and is playing much better which makes graham a better team than when they played richlands and beaver game 2. as for tazewell everyone looks at how tazewell played the first 3 quarters to say that graham is not that good because of how cc played tazwell. but look at the entire game last quarter tazewell 4-5 plays the entire quarter. dominated by graham. a team that wanted the game more and gave what it took to win. so graham is playing better ball now than the rest because of what this team has went thru this season.

I see the game like this. Its obvious that Graham has a very good team after all they will be in the playoffs too. I have alot of respect for them. I also see how some adversity has made them an even better team. However, Carroll has a senior dominated team at almost all the skill positions. They have been together for a few years. They played a team last week that may be the best they will ever face and lost by 1 point. Who knows what happens in overtime? My point is I don't know who will win obviously I hope Carroll. My money is on our seniors including a senior quarterback.

[ QUOTE ]

no way that cc shuts out graham. they will have to deal with 3 good running backs. how many times has a team had 3 backs rush for over 100 yards in the same game. who will cc concentrate on. if cc trys to stop the backs then cole can pass the ball. graham has several weapons and are playing better now than when they played richlands and beaver in losses.i know that richlands stopped grahams running game but also we had lost our starting qb and our back up did not play as good as he could have. but then graham found the freshman who has stepped up for graham.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tazewell has 3 or 4 times this year!!!

i will agree that a senior dominated team in reality should be the better team. but taking nothing away from cc graham may not be a senior team but they want this game very much. and they are playing together as a team. it will be a close game. my point was to the poster that said cc would shut graham out 32 -0 or something like that. comparing the cc richlands game and the graham richlands game to come up with that. my point is that graham had lost their starting qb and the back up we all thought would do just as good a job but he did not. but they found that freshaman and he has had several games to grow and mature since then. and that makes graham a better team themselves. not saying better than cc but i feel better enough not to get shut out and better enough to win by at least 1 td. in a close game.

I think that Carroll will win but i highly doubt that it will be a shut out..Graham is too good for that.

Carroll wants this game bad too...If we win we can move into 2nd int Region 4 and have homefield advantage for the first and possibly second game. Although same goes for Graham...I think it will be a good one!

i would venture to say that your defense had a lot to do with that also. but a little bit could be richlands has not been challenged this year and no matter what anyone says could have been just a bit overconfident going into this game, just like graham was against tazewell i think. then got a wake up call for 3 quarters from tazewell then the defense of graham took over along with the offense. i go back to the fact that in the 4th quarter tazewell only had 4 or 5 plays the whole quarter and 2 were in the last 10 seconds. so i dont think that tazewell fell apart i think the defense of graham stepped it up a notch or 2 and wanted this game. cc will be a great game i hope. dont see a blow out either way but a close game. hope my gmen come out on top in the end. good luck to both teams

these two teams are so evenly matched it's not even funny...Graham has slight edge in overall team speed and home field advantage...but the main thing they have going for them...and after seeing what happened in the last 3 min of the Tazewell vs. Graham game...I am a believer...Graham is just lucky...and sometimes that's all the edge you need.

Graham will not lose this game.

im saying 28-13 in our favor b/c he are a team that is mad after the lost to richlands. we want this game. were still mad about the lost from 2 years ago up here and we want pay back. witch i hope comes friday night. good luck to both teams.

sometimes you make your own luck also lance. graham i think just wanted that game more than tazewell did and went after it with all cylinders clicking in the 4th quarter. just hope that they can keep up all the momentum that they have going for them since the beaver game 2.

whatever...both teams wanted it...I was right on top of that pass that started that whole series of events...that kid from Tazewell had it hit him right in the hands...it was a perfect pass...and it somehow ended up going back over his head and right in to the Graham guys hands....that's what started it all...and trust me...you guys were lucky...that was just pure luck that it happened...the guy on defense was burnt...that pass was perfect...you guys got extremely lucky...that pass is complete...game over and you are beat...not a doubt in my mind...Tazewell just runs out the clock...true once you got the ball back you took care of business...not trying to take anything away from what you guys did...just saying...pure luck you even got the ball back to have a shot.

When you see something like that...makes you think about stuff...and me...I'll take a little luck any day of the week...it's a good thing.

that is true about the pass i think that the tazewell kid was running so fast that when the ball hit him in the hands an popped up he then ran under it and the defender was behind him. but grahams defense played a good 4th quarter limiting tazewell to only around 5 plays the whole quarter. and yes both wanted it but in the end graham did what they had to to win the game. play good defense. but i dont think that even if the tazewell kid caught the ball he would have scored on that play but that is in the past and we will never know because in the end it was a interception ball going the other way for graham.

he was in full stride pulling away from the defender...if he caught that pass it would have been 6 without a shadow of a doubt...he had 2 steps on that kid and was flying down the sideline...plus even if the kid had by some miracle tackled him...Tazewell has the ball inside the 30 with under 3 min left and the lead and a huge first down...as was true for Graham...momentum is everything and Tazewell would have had it at that point.

true but graham still had to get a 4th and one and we all know that can be difficult against a good team and tazewell has a good team. boils down to desire and who wanted it more. not saying that tazewell did not want it but graham wanted it more and did what had to be done to get it

but the one thing that everyone overlooks which is fine is that we had lost our starting qb and was the first game for the backup and he and the team were not in synch now we have the freshman and he has several games and big wins under his belt and is very poised for a freshman. he showed that against tazewell. he and the team did not panic being down to tazewell going into the 4th quarter. granted you guys held richlands to their lowest total but like said earlier in this post richlands had several punt returns deep into graham territory and when you have a short field to work with should score. not taking anything away from richlands. they are a good team. but i do feel that a rematch if it got to that point between the 2 would be a lot different. i dont know how graham is going to play friday but i believe they will be a lot better than people think.

i thought we already figured out that games against common teams don't reflect the odds in a current matchup...have had example after example of that this year...look at Grundy - Graham - Bluefield games for easy example.

Good point lance.I myself have done that in the past and let me tell you i will never do it again.some teams just play better against different teams,and like the old saying goes on any given night.