thoughts on richlands close win

hitter

very rarely will you have a team that will not be challenged at one time or another during the season! in my opinion richlands needed this! is richlands better than a one point victory over carroll? i believe so! but if you can win or even persevere through a game where the players and coaches did not have their best game , whether you win or lose a close won you can learn from this! the brookville game over amherst is another one and salem over cave is a another one! im not sure about the christiansburg game although i think cburg is starting to play like they did at the end of last year when they took gretna to the final minutes of that game! pulaski must shore up their defense! they have had a tough schedule and are 5-3 but they have given up 185 points in 8 games! whether crouse was out or not early they were still giving up too many points! i did not see the carroll county game but to those who saw it is carroll that good and could they possibly do some damage in division 4 playoffs? it look like carroll and the piedmont, possibly bassett and magna vista and maybe another team from there! bassett beat magna vista rather convincingly! could they be the team to beat? by the way why is the piedmont lined up with region 4 when there are when most teams on the west side of region 3 are closer to the southwest teams?

I agree. Richlands will benefit from that game. They didn't play as well as they would've liked but they still came away with the win. And not to take anything away from Carroll, they have a good team, but if the Blues take advantage of the opportunities they missed in this game... We'd be talking about a 3-4 touchdown win.

Carroll, like Lance has said also, is very close to Graham. They both have a strong defense and a stable of good running backs. I think their game tomorrow night is one of the best matchups of the year and could come down to the final seconds.

I think Carroll has a good chance in the playoffs.

Just a little thought for the Richlands faithful...

Hopping into the "Wayback Time Machine" to 1989...

For those that remember, Graham started the season with eight straight shutouts and had to travel to Salem to face the mighty Spartans. Well, Graham played their worst game of the season (too many turnovers) and lost the game 23-6. IMO, that was the best thing that could have happened to that team...it was a wake-up call...take no team for granted. Graham won their next five games and the AA, Division 3 State Championship. Maybe the Blues will use the Carroll Co. game as a "wake-up call" and step their game up to the "next level"...

The guy that does the Gilliam Ratings computer projected the rest of the season and had Carroll going to the state semis and losing to Amherst. He has Richlands winning the state over Robert E. Lee. Are we that good? I think we are. Depends on how you measure. In our other loss we were up on Bassett in the second quarter and had some bizarre things happen. It seems that we can play with them on a good day. As I said in another thread we have a senior dominated team that have been in the playoffs. In our playoff grouping no one has run away and hid. I think we can make some noise. I think our close loss to Richland is our confidence builder and springboard to the playoffs.As far as alignment doesnt school size have something to do with it?

haha you wish lil guy richlands just had a off night which all teams do! and so what yeah 7-6 isnt the 4 touchdown! win we are use to down here where there is a good teams!!!! richlands has earned ever win they have got! these boys worked there ass off and I dont see what or anything that will stop them from going to that state game this year! BIG GET THEM BIG BLUE!!!!!

Like I posted in a previous post concerning Richlands, which proved true in the game against Carroll. Dont let "Over Confidence rule". (If you snooze, you just might loose!) Good luck to Richlands and opposing teams in the playoffs. wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The guy that does the Gilliam Ratings computer projected the rest of the season and had Carroll going to the state semis and losing to Amherst. He has Richlands winning the state over Robert E. Lee. Are we that good? I think we are. Depends on how you measure. In our other loss we were up on Bassett in the second quarter and had some bizarre things happen. It seems that we can play with them on a good day. As I said in another thread we have a senior dominated team that have been in the playoffs. In our playoff grouping no one has run away and hid. I think we can make some noise. I think our close loss to Richland is our confidence builder and springboard to the playoffs.As far as alignment doesnt school size have something to do with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure didn't see that confidence in the Graham game?? confused.gif

No actually you saw a team get dominated. Hard for me to believe. I will not make excuses.I'd still rather play Graham than Richlands in 2 weeks.Actually it doesn't matter because we will play someone in the Piedmont.

Dude the only thing the CC game showed is that your beatable..dont make anything more than that out of it...

II GOT 2 FAVORITE TEAMS,THE GRUNDY GOLDEN WAVE AND WHOEVER PLAYS RICHLANDS

Geeze your a touchy bunch....you aint gonna win it all this year scooter...ill bet ya that. no sulphur water here. you sound like one of those middle school coaches of yours that I overheard refering to the Grundy kids "as a bunch of coal miners" they handed ya your Butt twice this year and in a couple of years will do the same at the varsity level..I f you cant handle the fact that I aint gonna cheer for ya it breaks my heart...it"s a rivalry, I aint supposed to have to love cause ya beat us so get over it...

I GOT 2 FAVORITE TEAMS, THE GRUNDY GOLDEN WAVE AND WHOEVER PLAYS RICHLANDS.....

Nicely put WAVE61. It does appear that many overlook, if not squirm at the freedom of expression and speech on these forums. After all, isnt that what these sites are all about? Goodluck to all the teams who fought hard to make it to the play-offs. wink.gif

Exactly Hardtrail...I never trashed The Blue Tornado but I got trashed for not showing enough love I guess...aint no love it"s a rivalry and rivalrys are healthy..thats why the expression"wait till next year" allways brings hope to the team that got beat this year... so if I offended IM not gonna make an apolgy when I didnt do anything to owe anybody one...so from this old coal miner and former wave all i got to say is....

I GOT 2 FAVORITE TEAMS,GRUNDY GOLDEN WAVE AND WHOEVER PLAYS RICHLANDS....... grin.gif

We got ya the first three times you said it. I think you may just be a little jealous of the seasons the Blues had, and thats understandable. If I was from Grundy I might would be jealous too. wink.gif I guess not all the SWD teams can be as good as Grundy (thank God). Thats just me excersizing my right to "freedom of speech".

yeah grundy's 8th grade team did hand us our butts this season the 1st game we didnt even get a 1st down but scored on a fumble but i beleive in varsity after everyone hits the weight room and condition we will beat the golden wave but if you do remember the 92 state championship team didnt win a game in 8th grade neither did the richlands senoirs this year.

Hey Wave61 you all want to go to the playoffs "BUY A TICKET". You can go watch Richlands, Hurley, Haysi, or Honaker. Take your pick. Its really sad that you would get on here and pull against Richlands as good as a season they have had. If I was from Grundy I wouldnt speak about anything this year. DONT BE A HATER. Congrats to Richlands and I hope you all go all the way. I want to wish them Rebels goodluck as they make the trip to APPY.

Wave61 has every right to cheer for or against any team{s} he chooses. Let's not turn this into a Richlands against Grundy thread over comments from one person. Those Grundy guys came out and pulled for the Blues in the playoffs last year and I hope they will do the same this year.