VA HIGH IN THE PLAYOFFS

swd

Yeah........ok lol, sure thing man smirk.gif

There's something else that's strange about this post...lets see who figures it out first. I believe someone's been just trying to cause a little trouble.

Oh yeah, that "you all consolidated with who ever over there"...let me help you out a little there, since you're clueless on this too. It was Pennington, Jonesville, Keokee, Flatwoods, and Dryden that consolidated to form Lee High, just thought I would clear that up for you. grin.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

redneck, you really shouldn't comment on things you know little about. You didn't even address my point, which was that there are many districts and many sports who never do well in the playoffs, but they still are allowed to advance to the playoffs. As to your saying Lee High never was good at anything I will bet you that I can name at least three sports that Lee High has had more success at than all of the Southwest District schools combined over the last five years. (measured by regional and state wins and titles).

And another thing, I never said Lee was in a down cycle, and if I were using that as an excuse it would apply to the entire Highlands District, which is what this topic is about. The subject is whether or not Virginia High deserves to be in the playoffs. As a matter of fact, I didn't even mention Lee High in my post, and plainly stated that I wouldn't want to mention any schools or sports by name because I think high school students deserve better than to be put down. You of course had no problem insulting Lee High's students, and even put forth an incorrect analysis of the history of sports at Lee High to justify your attack. My only conclusion I can make from your ramblings is that because in your opinion, because I am from Lee High, and Lee High doesn't have good teams (again, in your opinion), I have no right to comment on whether or not Virginia High should go to the playoffs.

VHS does deserve to be in the playoffs as a district champion AND because they are 4th in division 3 points. There are schools with better records who will stay home but the VHSL deserves the blame for that.

Didn't Lee have some strong football teams in the late 80's and early 90's?

I know Lee was a very good football team up until about 1998. They were one of two teams to beat Richlands in the regular season in '98. Richlands then returned the favor in the playoffs. That is the last time I can remember Lee High being very competitive.

Yeah, from '89-'91, they were 9-1, 9-1, and 8-2 each of those years, and were district champions(co-champs one year I think). In '89 the lost to Blacksburg(35-22) in the Region finals, '90 made it to the state finals and lost to Tabb by a touchdown, and made it state again in '91 and lost to Salem in the semis. From '92 to about '96 they were either 5-5 or 6-4 but still managed to make the playoffs each year. Then in '97 they started out the season slow but managed to come around and go all the way to the State semi-finals and lost to Heritage by a field goal in the final seconds of the game, and like rhsfan88 said in '98 Lee lost to PV to start the season then didn't lose again until the Lebanon game at the end of the year, then lost to Richlands in the playoffs(also beat AAA Pulaski Co. that year). I believe I got all that right lol.

So, yeah..the last year was '98, then the next year Don Williams retired right before the season started and they finished the 3-7. Funny, Lee won three of their last five games that year ('99), well..they did that this year too.

GO CATS!!!! These guys on here can't have their cake and eat it too. One guys wants it to be like WV style but still wants districts. Get over it. Call VHSL and get involved people. A team does good a couple years in a row and now they think their poop don't stink. GO CATS!!!!! Be safe people and God Bless.

If you don't like what I said, read it and move on. No sense in getting your panties in a wad over what I say. I am an Abingdon fan, don't listen to me.

The talk a year or so ago was that Viginia High would be moved down to Group A and put in the Lonesome Pine District in 2006.

I know there were a couple of articles in the Bristol newspaper that stated that they did not want to go to the LPD. Anyway, what happened to all of that ?

Another reason vhs doesnt move down is because we have one of the best pools in the area and you cant have a swim team in single a and it has just been re-done so...no moving anytime soon, it would just be a waste!!

Just thought I would wish the Bearcats good luck from a alum class of '99. Congrats on the district title. It's not your fault you are in the district you are in. Play with the cards you're dealt and do what you can.

Other random VHS involved things from this and other threads:

1) As far as the VHS dropping down thing goes: Last I heard anything from anyone credible (athletic director at Tazewell playoff game last year), they were going to wait it out till the VHSL realignment comes around again and try to go to the Hogo if enrollment numbers put them in single A. Basically, same thing as last time around. It's either the Hogo or the Highlands for VA High. It's been almost a full year since I was told that so who knows if anything has changed since then.

2) VA High not getting respect is to be expected. From being a Narrows fan also, I'm used to hearing the same thing from since the time I've been a football fan. But like I mentioned earlier. It's not the kids fault that their administration thinks Hogo or bust. However, to see that an administrator to this board is the first to trash them in this thread (and many others) still bugs me. The same one that sends out messages about keeping the board clean, cival , sportsmanshiplike is the first one to let that go out the window when it comes to VA High. Am I the only one that sees a problem here? No one that plays for any team in this area should have to look on a message board, especially this one, and see one of the users that runs the board talk down about them or their team. However, I'm just another poster, what the hell do I know?

3) And great point made by someone else within this thread somewhere. VA High, with the district title or not would have gotten a playoff birth because of the power points. Once again, playin with the cards your dealt.

Good luck Green Wave, Bearcats and all others in the 2 VA's in the playoffs. Let's all enjoy a weekend of do or die football.

[ QUOTE ]

They said that last year, too...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah 2 and out...this year 1 and out...not a big deal...and yet another sub .500 season...congrats. my only regret is i have to go watch the Graham v Tazewell game and will miss the punishment Va High will be given...as much as I'd love to go watch the Richlands kids...I'm going to pass on the blow out and go watch the other game.

...and yet another sub .500 season...

this year the team we are playing isn't as over-rated.

yeah 2 and out...

better than one and out

my only regret is i have to go watch the Graham v Tazewell game and will miss the punishment Va High will be given...

nice bitter slam. we'll see. is that the same punishment your team was given by the whole district this year? Aren't you the same guy who predicted your team winning the district this year? We did better against every common opponent, and you still say ya'll would beat us. Maybe you should come over to Richlands tomorrow night, you might just see a game. They are a very good team, but we gonna give it all we got. can't sleep, and can't wait!

Oldschool, well, I have no stats to back this up, and I meant all sports not just boys, but off the top of my head I would say softball, volleyball, and girls basketball with my next best "guess" being boys and girls track.