Who thinks Richlands is overrated?

Fresh_Prince

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its weird that they only have gave up 12 points (to this point) all season, and they drop to #2 in the state rankings.. salem had a 7-6 game too, just because richlands has one actually close game, they shouldn't have dropped them. But of course its Salem..

[ QUOTE ]

I think the only reason we got dropped from #1 is because Salem's season is already over so they have more power points than we

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Salem has Pulaski Co. this week. But as far as the poll, it means absolutly nothing. Thank god this isn't college football where a poll would decide who plays for a state championship.

I am a little prejudice, But i think they could qualify in that description. Tide Water or not. The main word is team in that description. they have great goals and work ethics. You have to play them or watch them everyday to appreciate what all the fuss is about. As a team they are one of the best if not the best team that has represented the richlands high school. They have already proven that with all the stats you would like to see. So are they the best? They were ranked number one in the state. that's not just us fans and parents saying that. GO BLUES........one game at a time.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

bring on Landstown!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh lord, that wouldn't be pretty at all. It would be fun to watch if you weren't a Richlands fan though, Landstown is loaded with talent including the #1 rated receiver in the entire country...

[/ QUOTE ]

I know some guys that would love that, especially seven of them. cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

actually they have the top 2 rated receivers in the country.....

[/ QUOTE ]

They have two of the top 2, not the top 2. Landstown's Percey Harvin is considered the #1 receiver in the country by a couple of services. While other recruiting services have another Virginia kid, Vidal Hazelton, of Hargrave the #1 receiver. Harvin's teammate, Damon McDaniel, is another top receiver, but he isn't nearly as highly rated by either Harvin or Hazelton.

Believe it or not, but four of the best receivers in the 2006 class hail from the Tidewater region of Virginia, which is extremely impressive. And if you go by Rivals.com ratings all four are rated among the top 9 receivers in the country.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1148&Year=2006

[ QUOTE ]

I am a little prejudice, But i think they could qualify in that description. Tide Water or not. The main word is team in that description. they have great goals and work ethics. You have to play them or watch them everyday to appreciate what all the fuss is about. As a team they are one of the best if not the best team that has represented the richlands high school. They have already proven that with all the stats you would like to see. So are they the best? They were ranked number one in the state. that's not just us fans and parents saying that. GO BLUES........one game at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Richlands has an outstanding team, definitely one of the best in AA. I hope they win their state title and wish them the best of luck. However, lets not go over board and believe you're as good as the likes of the AAA Tidewater schools. Athletically and speed Richlands couldn't matchup at any position against those teams. Those teams are an entirely different animal of which Richlands won't have to face regardless of how deep they go in the AA playoffs.

you know something that is what everyone said in 1989 about graham that we could not play with the big boys of eastern va and that when south hampton would come to blfd that graham would see what it was like to play with the so called big boys of the east. then south hampton had the biggest and toughted running back who was hugh and had run for well over 1000 yards in just a few games. but i think we all know what happened then. win graham. so dont think that richlands could not play with and win against the big boys of the east. they can and if they win against either graham or tazewell then i hope that they bring it home to swva and shut up the nay sayers in this area bout swva and region 4 teams. and that goes for those on the wv side that seem to want to believe that we on the va side cannot compete with the big boys unlike the mighty beavers who i know have won many state titles. but then again they dont play in va and against the big boys from eastern va.

I'll say this to the Blues!! Dont get your heads in the clouds... Believe in yourselves.. Dont get caught up in reading newspapers when you should be in the weight room. Your attitude should be of a hunter hunting! Dont be caught off guard by a team being a hunter. Take care of business. Dont let a team hang around again like Carroll did!! Bad things can happen.. In the playoffs one bad night, a miscommunication or laps in mental.. Can send you home... Season over... Best of Luck... Go gettem..

[ QUOTE ]

I'll say this to the Blues!! Dont get your heads in the clouds... Believe in yourselves.. Dont get caught up in reading newspapers when you should be in the weight room. Your attitude should be of a hunter hunting! Dont be caught off guard by a team being a hunter. Take care of business. Dont let a team hang around again like Carroll did!! Bad things can happen.. In the playoffs one bad night, a miscommunication or laps in mental.. Can send you home... Season over... Best of Luck... Go gettem..

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post.

Richlands has a great team, but the Blues need to keep taking things one game at a time. Questions about who's best and who's overrated will be answered at the end of the season.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And Richlands has an outstanding team, definitely one of the best in AA. I hope they win their state title and wish them the best of luck. However, lets not go over board and believe you're as good as the likes of the AAA Tidewater schools. Athletically and speed Richlands couldn't matchup at any position against those teams. Those teams are an entirely different animal of which Richlands won't have to face regardless of how deep they go in the AA playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one is unbeatable tide water or not. grin.gif

Yes, no one is unbeatable, but also consider that those Tidewater region have 2 to 3 times the enrollment Richlands does. Those monsters that play on the line for Tech? From Newport News and Virginia Beach. The Vick boys? From the Hampton Roads region. If Landstown played Richlands, the score would be something like 45-0, not in favor of "The Storm". Settle with bein' the best in AA Division 3. As good as you are, I would bet a good sum of money that you could not take any team in this state you wanted.

[ QUOTE ]

Vick Boys, Brooks -NO Saints and Alan Iverson all from Warwick High School

[/ QUOTE ]

Iverson went to Bethel. You're closer on Brooks. He actually graduated from Ferguson (which was closed in 1996 and the kids were then transferred to Warwick).

I can't imagine that the original poster meant to infer that Richlands is the best team in the state spanning every classification. Then again, I can't speak for that poster.

The original poster said:

[ QUOTE ]

mabey a little they are the best team in the state but some people seem to think they are unbeatable I dont think that is the common belief but it is out there but I still say they are the best D3 AA

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The original poster said:

[ QUOTE ]

mabey a little they are the best team in the state but some people seem to think they are unbeatable I dont think that is the common belief but it is out there but I still say they are the best D3 AA

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that clarifies things just a little bit. And if I weren't functionally illiterate, I might've guessed as much.

Here's hoping that the Blues and Liberty can both make it that far. A semifinal matchup between those two unbeaten teams would be one for the ages.