how will richlands do in the playoffs

stormtracker

I just think it's a little funny that this same scenario happened last year. People were talking about who was going to win round two between Graham and Grundy even though round one hadn't been played yet. For those that don't remember, round two ended up being played by VHS and Tazewell.

[ QUOTE ]

anything less than state will be a let down for that bunch. Liberty Bedford will be the only test...and i think Richlands beats them by 14.

[/ QUOTE ]

Liberty Bedford lost last night pretty bad. shocked.gif

Liberty isn't going to win region III, Cave Spring will. They have a good team, and they have flown under the radar all year. Don't be so sure about Richlands either. They gave up 400 total yards to a 5-5 Lebanon team the other night. Something just isn't right down there right now.

[ QUOTE ]

Liberty isn't going to win region III, Cave Spring will. They have a good team, and they have flown under the radar all year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'd say that Region III is wide open. Liberty came crashing to earth in a big way, but they did so against one of the very best teams in Group AA. As painful as it is to dredge up, the LHS-Amherst game resembled Tech and Miami in many ways. It will be very interesting to see how the Minutemen bounce back.

Cave Spring does have a great team (in fact, they really should've beaten Salem). But Christiansburg and Brookville are definitely capable of playing with anyone on any given night.

I still think Region III is Liberty's to lose. But I wouldn't be terribly shocked to see that happen as early as this weekend.

if you were at the game you have seen oneof the best examples of holding on every play by lebanon players. when our boys complained the ref said "just like richlands when things dont go your way you start complaining" and never called holding. another of those refs and i use the word lightly said"i thought you were the big bad blue tornadoes, i dont think youre anything special!" one of our players complained about the holding and was told to shut up or he would be tossed out of the game. also much of that big yadage was against 10 freshman and 1 soph on D not even our jvs. to call as terrible a game as those officials did would be bad enough but to show their favortism so blatently to our players is in a word disgusting. you dont need to worry about the STORM D unless we get the same bunch of officials in the playoffs.

I don't like to complain about officiating but I agree they missed a lot of holding in that game. Also, the two point conversion play where the ball was blown dead while the ball carrier was still moving was terrible.

I don't think we will see this group of officials again this season. They are certainly not the caliber used during playoffs. I won't even bother to list the number and catagories of calls that were not made; but I believe their brand of officiating can get players hurt. That alone should preclude them from working any VHSL game in the future.

If you'll check you'll see that Lebanon had more total yard penalties and there were more non calls that could have been made on Richlands instead of Lebanon, plus Richlands chop blocked all night but Lebanon was the only ones called for it. I guess it just depends on which grandstand you sit on as to how the officiating was seen. Lebanon moved the ball with ease between the 20's on Richlands and Richlands would stop'em in the red zone, which is the sign of a good defense. As far as the yardage racked up by Lebanon, most of it was against your starters, plus if you look at the Lebanon roster, most of the Lebanon starters were underclassmen, would be most AA schools JV team, large number of sophomores and freshmen. When trying to make excuses, remember there were more people there than just Richlands fans. Richlands has some work to do, better get busy instead of making excuses. A very young and inexperienced team racked up over 400 yards, that should be unacceptable for a team going into the AA playoffs and should be trying to fix the problem instead of making excuses on a message board. Good luck in the playoffs.

We have forgot about you(Lebanon) an dhave moved on, but we watched film again tonite and ur linemen came after linebackers at the knees(illegal) and 10 seconds after pass blocking then tried to go to the knees and they did a good job at that...we lost a starter and a reserve thanks to it...but that's all in the past..no excuses cause we still won and we are now moving on...last time ill talk bout lebanon. Cya

[ QUOTE ]

If you'll check you'll see that Lebanon had more total yard penalties and there were more non calls that could have been made on Richlands instead of Lebanon

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly why I said I don't like to complain about officiating. Someone from the other team is always going call it an excuse. The officiating sucked in that game period! I would feel the same way if Lebanon had negative 400 yards.

Yeah, it depends on what side of the field you were on, apparently there was a LOT you missed, the line judge on the Lebanon side let Richlands away with some unbelieveable stuff and tossed the hanky on Lebanon if they sneezed. LOL.......it's over, maybe the next set of officials will call the game more to your liking. Like I said, Lebanon had MORE penalty yards called on them but they probably deserved it, just part of the game......no excuses.