Justin McCracken

rvtne216

• 2 weeks later...

i heard that only mcknight was invited to a nike camp. justin is a great qb but without last years offensive line he may not have all day to throw the ball. he really needs to work on release in under 4 seconds which is the way the spread offense is designed anyway.

For a QB getting recruited by D1 colleges, stats don't mean nearly as much as potential for greatness. If you got the size, the mind, the arm strength, and you get out and show it, colleges will knock on your door. There are cases where QBs have the talent and potential, but because of the system they play in during high school, they just don't have the stats that would stand out as outstanding (an example, Anthony Morelli, expected starting QB for Penn State this fall, was one of the top QBs in the nation during his senior season of HS, but he played on a team that ran the ball 90% of the time, if not more, and only threw 5 or 6 passes a game if he was lucky).

I guess what I am saying is, recruiters will look more to what he does with inexperienced WRs and how he leads his team rather than checking to see if he throws for 2000 yards. If he has the arm (they say he does), and the mind (not heard any mention of this), with his size, he may go somewhere in D1.

his numbers will go up.......he will have aton of guys to throw to......clayburne is back, they have arms, fahardo, addison, simmons.....stanton was the only returning starter at wideout last year.....and while they will miss him, overall they will have more speed at wideout

The fact that Richlands will be running the spread offense and teams knowing that they are going to throw the ball will still open up the field for running plays with McCracken and Jennings. The defense will have to spread out or McCracken can just pick them apart with short dump off passes. Jennings will be healthy (he is going to be a stud this year) and McCracken back for his second year, the Blues offense will be just as good, if not better than last year.

[ QUOTE ]

Speed means nothing if you can't catch the ball. Stanton was doubled and tripled teamed, which opened up the middle for McCrackin to run. They won't have that option next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't worry about losing Stanton. He was great but Richlands loses great players every year. As long as the coaches keep doing their job they will win.

can't believe i forgot to mention fuller......he had excellent hands this past year......goes to prove my point though....r'lands has plenty of guys to throw to....and no, i didn't see clayburne drop many balls.....when did this happen???....

i do NOT remember any drops by clayburne in the championship game....i saw some drops....but not by him....and i also know he had 2 huge catches for big gains in the first game against graham...he, like the other returning receivers already mentioned, will serve mccrackin well this year

[ QUOTE ]

the games I saw the person dropping the majority of the passes was the punter

[/ QUOTE ]

CJ dropped a few but he made some big catches also. And he always made up for it with his awesome punts.