Steven Brown

Backs

How do you think Grahams Rb Steven Brown will hold up next year? I think he will get over 1,000 yards and be district player of the year and in 2nd will be Jennings.3rd Mcdaniels from tazewell and 4th TJ Carper. Brown and Jennings will be trying to go over 1,000 and help lead their teams to State?what do you think

not TJ...or Steve for that fact...they always keep their legs goin hard at all times....they hit that outside....you might as well just put up 6....they both have the potential to go for 1000

Graham will return to the top of the SWD this season. The run for Richlands is over. It will be business as usual again in the SWD. Graham at the top....everybody else fighting for 2nd... and as far as TJ and Steven go... you are correct, they could end up with two backs on the same team rushing for 1000.

and as far as your "business is usual" comment, while it might be true that graham has been a dominant team in swva over the last 25 years the reason for that success has been the quality of coaching. there is not some magic quality in the water in bluefield that makes their players better than players from other towns. great quality coaching year in and year out builds programs to the level that all the good athletes in the school want to play that successful sport. grahams coaching staff has been matched in richlands and therefore graham is not "king" of the swd anymore. you guys were fortunate to have coach carlock stay for so many years. he knew how to build a program. the same is now true of the coaches in richlands. i know that the coaches at graham are very good and do not expect that program to fall off. I am just saying that you guys better expect to battle richlands from year to year for the title

how can you say we were "fortunate" to have Coach with us for so long...Coach loved it here...i just wish he didnt have to leave us all so soon....just because we lost one coach doesnt mean anything...we have a great coaching staff and we will have a senior dominant team that is goin to win the district this year...all i have heard from Richlands is McCracken...it takes more than one player...

McKnight, Simmons... I know you have your hopes up that losing 12 players will strip Richlands of the DEPTH that took them to Lynchburg last year, but it won't. They're still loaded. They are where they are because they have the depth to play a lot of kids in every game. That means the 12 guys who left will be replaced by 12 guys with experience. You also might want to go back and look at the all-district and all-region teams. You'll see a lot of Richlands players who didn't graduate.

if all you've heard from r'lands is mccrackin you haven't been listening....r'lands returns 5 all-region players and linemen with huge size and a ton of experience even though not all of them started...heck, you guys should know about r'lands depth....... ben addison, who didn't start on either side of the ball for r'lands, stepped in for caleb jennings on special teams when jennings was injured and killed you guys in the 1st game with long punt returns...he is back and will only be a junior

[ QUOTE ]

and as far as your "business is usual" comment, while it might be true that graham has been a dominant team in swva over the last 25 years the reason for that success has been the quality of coaching. there is not some magic quality in the water in bluefield that makes their players better than players from other towns. great quality coaching year in and year out builds programs to the level that all the good athletes in the school want to play that successful sport. grahams coaching staff has been matched in richlands and therefore graham is not "king" of the swd anymore. you guys were fortunate to have coach carlock stay for so many years. he knew how to build a program. the same is now true of the coaches in richlands. i know that the coaches at graham are very good and do not expect that program to fall off. I am just saying that you guys better expect to battle richlands from year to year for the title

[/ QUOTE ]

With 4 of the last 7 district titles I think we are still the kings until someone gets more. Richlands has what 5 district titles in the last 35 years and you think you are on equal footing with us? Come on. Talk to us when(if) you win that third title in a row. If you win it this year, you can say that, but over the long haul you can't. Richlands had questionably the best team they ever had this year. And you still only beat us by 6 on your home field in a game decided in the last two minutes. Hardly dominate. You were a little better than us last year. It may be different this year.

everybody keep thinking Graham isnt going to do anything this year. for the past 3 years all everybody talks about in bluefield is this senior group coming up. I am friends with everyone of them and they have the most heart out of any football team that i have ever seen but u dont have to believe just wait until august you will see what i am talking about.

• 7 months later...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With 4 of the last 7 district titles I think we are still the kings until someone gets more. Richlands has what 5 district titles in the last 35 years and you think you are on equal footing with us? Come on. Talk to us when(if) you win that third title in a row. If you win it this year, you can say that, but over the long haul you can't. Richlands had questionably the best team they ever had this year. And you still only beat us by 6 on your home field in a game decided in the last two minutes. Hardly dominate. You were a little better than us last year. It may be different this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

i marked this thread months ago so i could bring it up now.....as you said, three titles in a row makes richlands the kings of the southwest district.......i expect them to win the district title for the next 2 years because i know they will be loaded the next couple of years.......but i do disagree with you on one point......past success means nothing in high school football.....if tazewell, carroll or grundy (sorry graham) win the title next year then i will be the first to say hail to the new king.......i think the graham football program had better quit looking back to the past and start worrying about the future.....