richlands returns...........

parsons

with more starters coming back than in 2005.......everybody forgets that rhs started last season after losing 17 starters from the previous year...i'm expecting big things from underclassmen like ben addison, austin fuller, romulo fahardo, chase fuller, matt davis, shane wicks.......all these guys proved they could play at a very high level last year...

[ QUOTE ]

with more starters coming back than in 2005.......everybody forgets that rhs started last season after losing 17 starters from the previous year...i'm expecting big things from underclassmen like ben addison, austin fuller, romulo fahardo, chase fuller, matt davis, shane wicks.......all these guys proved they could play at a very high level last year...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes its not how much you lose, it's what you lose. I think Grundy only lost like 9 kids from the 2004 team, then the bottom dropped out. And they returned the QB, and starting RB like you guys. You basically have to replace your line and defense. Which is where your football team is basically built. Good luck with that.

not a problem....reference richlands-graham game 1- last drive of the game, its the richlands 2nd team offense driving against graham's first team defense from the graham 46 to inside the graham 10...end up kicking a field goal to boost the score to 30 - 0......includes a 32 yard run by ben addison......and NO, its not grahams's 2nd team either...you graham starters know you were on the field...(if not. i can the post the video or list the numbers of the defensive line=up).....i don't include the first 10 yards of the drive cause its richlands first team offensive line with the 2nd team backfield...if not for a bad snap on 2nd down on the 12 which resulted in a 7 yard loss the 2nd team would have probably scored a td.....the bad snap is the only negative yardage on the drive....

[ QUOTE ]

Sometimes its not how much you lose, it's what you lose. I think Grundy only lost like 9 kids from the 2004 team, then the bottom dropped out. And they returned the QB, and starting RB like you guys. You basically have to replace your line and defense. Which is where your football team is basically built. Good luck with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny thing is Richlands lost 17 seniors (including every skill player on offense) from the 2004 team that made it to the state semis. This time they lose 12, including most of the line, but as great as that line was I think the next group will be even better. There is no doubt they will be bigger and they already have more game experience than most first time starters in the area. These aren't guys who just rode the bench and watched their teammates go to state. They were a big part of it.

It is fun reading how Graham, Tazewell and Richlands fans talk about their football teams in pre-season. They are all tied for first place and undefeated , as of today. Would have made good material for the old Hee Haw TV Show.

isnt that the best part about this board?reading how many #1 teams there are in the swd.funny thing is they all seem to choke at one time or another during the season.including playoffs.or maybe they arent as good as we make them sound.or maybe better who knows til the final whistle blows.but i do love this message board oh my how it passes the time and provides entertainment to boost and every now and again you do find someone to talk to who has a little sense to them with whom you can make conversation with.and not offend your school in which you take pride.

• 2 months later...

only time will tell boys but as for richlands when u make it to state big things are expected of u...i mean richlands for the past 4 years have at least made it to the region playoffs if not further so each year the expectations get higher...this year the expectations cant get any higher now lets just see if they can pull it off after losing all of us guys....

I agree Bam Bam, that was the best defensive team to every wear a Richlands uniform. There is no one moving up that can replace Smith, Payne, Arms, Gayheart, Harrison, Miller and Taylor. This team wil score points like last year but can that stop the other teams from scoring ? We shall see!!!!

like ive done said....when ur good the expectation bar rises each year as for every team...when ur on top the bar cant go no higher until u get knocked off...now the only question left here to say is, CAN RICHLANDS STAY ON TOP???