Richlands

EH31

53-0 sounds good. Still have a whole lot of mental mistakes in my opinion. Way too many penalty yards tonight. Jennings had 2 td's called back and McCracken had 1 called back. They started playing a whole lot better 3rd qt. though. Defense really stepped it up, only allowing 70 yards total offense, and around 40-50 of that was in the 4th. McCracken had 251 yards passing and 3 td's, Jennings had 151 rushing and had 3 td's. Austin Fuller had 111 yards recieving and 2 td's. Cj Arms had 100 yards Recieving. Matt Davis caught a pass and scored, and Ben Addison ran a punt back for one. Jeremy Blankenship and Ethan Keene had a interception apiece.

Oh yeah I'm sure they will, it was just some stuff though that a coach can't teach..like thinking things through. as a player you have to know not to tackle a punter and stuff like that... anyone heard about the kid from honaker..is he ok?

I heard that as well on the way home from the Dawgs game, They better get fixed before the SWD teams roll in to town for them or they could be on the other side of the stick were they are not use too!!!

One thing I noticed tonight, is that even with all the mistakes, the 3 called back touch downs, having the ball inside the 10 3 times and not scoring, that their offense can beat you any way you can think of. They could of have 70 points if they didn't make mistakes. CJ Arms really stepped it up tonight and had a good game.

I was very disappointed in RHS coaches keeping the first team offense in the game with a 40-0 lead, in the middle of the 3rd. quarter. Honaker was already beat and in a state shock, after having one of their their team mates carried off the field, on a gurney. I think it showed no respect to our neighbors. I hope Graham or Tazewell doesn't retaliate against us.

Good luck Tigers during the rest of the season and thank GOD your team mate is o.k.

[ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah I'm sure they will, it was just some stuff though that a coach can't teach..like thinking things through. as a player you have to know not to tackle a punter and stuff like that... anyone heard about the kid from honaker..is he ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every aspect of a game is coachable, coaches have to mentally prepare thier team as well as physically. I can tell you from 15 years of coaching that mental errors and things as you described are very coachable. Team Disipline............

[ QUOTE ]

I was very disappointed in RHS coaches keeping the first team offense in the game with a 40-0 lead, in the middle of the 3rd. quarter. Honaker was already beat and in a state shock, after having one of their their team mates carried off the field, on a gurney. I think it showed no respect to our neighbors. I hope Graham or Tazewell doesn't retaliate against us.

Good luck Tigers during the rest of the season and thank GOD your team mate is o.k.

[/ QUOTE ]

You hope Graham or Tazewell doesn't retaliate against Richlands for pulling the starters at 46 instead of 40?... against Honaker? I know the game was well in hand but you want these guys to get their reps. The time will come very soon where they will need to play four quarters.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things that I think you have to be thinking if you are coach Mance. 1. These guys are going to have to play 4 quarters very soon 2. No matter the score the starters were not playing like it was a 40-0 nothing game, they have dumb penalties and got TDs called back. So yes it looked like he was running up the score but it could be that he was trying to condition his first team for four quarters of game time play or maybe he just thought that with the penalties and other mental mistakes they needed more reps.

maybe they did leave them in too long i dont know.but what if they wouldve had an injury to someone.man thats taking a big chance just to get reps in.but im not the coach,i guess mance knows what he wants to do may be they subbed alot who knows,maybe the middle school couldve beat honaker lol.just a joke dont get your bloomers all notted up.

i have no problem with the coaching staff leaving the first team in as lomg as they did. to me it is not fair for the seniors to have to come out halfway through the game just because the wear someone out. They could have taken the first team out at 33-0 with 10:00 minutes. wouldnt have made a difference. Let them play a little up to 4th quarter or so. the teams that richlands are playing it appears that the first two games and the next two games could end up the same way. it isnt fair for them to have to come out the first 4 games right after the first half

conditioning is going to be a key for the richlands team for the swd race. the starters need their reps. and playing 2 1/2 qtrs. vs gate city & 3 qtrs vs honaker isn't going to help in that category. mance knows what he is doing and by no means did richlands run the score up against honaker.

Mance and staff know wat they were doing theyve been doing the same thing the past 3 years and the past 3 years we went to the state semi's then the state finals so i dont believe i would be questioning why and whatever else has been brought up. If it's working, sure as hell dont change it!!!