VT vs BC

Beaverteeth

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am no VT fan that is for sure, thought the game would be closer, looks like the "I" 's are getting in front of the team concept hope Coach Rod keeps getting the hardworkers, I would take them anyday of the week over classless individuals.

lol

I just don't get that mentality. You don't laugh and joke and dance around on the field when you're losing in a key game.

Chris Ellis needs to go. Rouse should have went pro last year when he could. He's providing absolutely no senior leadership. Vince Hall was right to jump all over the DB's sitting over there on the bench laughing and joking when getting embarassed like they were last night.

As much as I wanted Glennon to do good, Ike Whitaker needs to be getting some snaps in a game I am sure he couldn't do any worse than last night. They need a mobile QB to take the pressure off the OL, TE's, and RB picking up the pass rush.

If the coaches don't turn it around now and take control of this team, they will end up 7-5 going to Boise for a bowl game.

I feel you on that one. VT played horrible last night. I love VT but they looked like a high school team playing against BC. I dont know what Beamer was thinking last night by keeping Glennon in the game. Hey could have given Ike Whitaker a chance to try and do something to help them out. I cant wait till next season when they get Tyrod Taylor on the roster, he will do big things for the Hokies. Right now though, they need to get their acts together and play as a team. I hope VT opened their eyes up after lastnights romping because they are in for a rude awakening for the rest of the season.

After watching Virginia Tech last night on national television, I think it would be pretty hard to ever try and support them. The Hokies are a collection of "me" centered, disrespectful, fair weathered a$$ clowns.

I try to stay neutral and like them because they are from the area, but they consistently disappoint. Fighting on the sidelines, dancing while down by 19 in the 4th quarter, ugly uniforms, those stupid skull caps, forever running their weinie washers after every single play--what a collective waste of oxygen.

Beamer ball has officially become "Cleveland Steamer" Ball.

If Virginia Tech played against Al Qaida, I'd probably cheer for the Arabs.

[ QUOTE ]

Im a tech fan but after i watched that game last nigh i thought i was watching the Grundy Golden Waves

[/ QUOTE ]

that was completely uncalled for, every single person on the GOLDEN WAVE'S roster plays with heart, too bad were not all blessed with the athletic ability, because it would sure be put to good use here!

It's easy to point out all the flaws and problems with the program right now. It'll be a lot harder to fix those flaws and problems. Besides, you cannot fix a problem until you admit you have one. Beamer's postgame comments hinted that he might finally realize that there's a problem.

The best thing to do at this point is start preparing for next year by playing some of the younger guys, especially on the OL. The OL play cannot get any worse than it already is, so why not prepare the returning players for '07? Give Whitaker an opportunity at QB to see what he can do. Glennon's struggles aren't half his fault, but Whitaker is more mobile and can possibly do something with the piss poor blocking. Defensively, I'd like to see guys like Chancellor and Cam Martin get more PT in the secondary along with William Wall and Nekos Brown on the DL. It's really unfortunate that Jason Adjepong suffered the season-ending shoulder injury b/c he played well in the DL early-on.

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, i thought he was a freshman.. Sorry rules, my mistake

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. He's a high school senior. There has been talk of him graduating early and enrolling in January, which means he could take part in Spring Practice. However, I'm not sure that's very likely at this point...

Guest JJBrickface

The whole team needs to be disciplined. VT has been like this for the past 5 years maybe longer but when a team is winning its more difficult to pull out the flaws. Beamer still has not done enough to change the attitude of this team. He needs to make an examplle out of someone.

[ QUOTE ]

Youd think that VT players learned a lesson when Beamer dropped Marcus Vic last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would think, HOWEVER, I think I finally figured out what the problem is....our players are not smart enough to get it. They are some of the most athletically talented players but they aren't smart enough to understand the offensive scheme, the defensive coverages, and the discipline that is being laid out. Until we are able to get more intelligent players, we will continue to see STUPID mistakes both on and off the field.