3 quarters.

[ QUOTE ]

Hard to break a rushing record when you never see the 4th

quarter.If Mance would let these boys play more they would

be much more known around the "big"college schools.But,I know why

Mance does that.I do wander if Breeding was ever pulled after

3 quarters.

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer is quite complex. I myself think that the "lack" of stats due to shortened playing time could affect the choice of schools for those players fortunate enough to play at the next level. But, success can be a double edged sword. Coaching, winning or losing is too easily criticized. MOST of the time by people who have no idea of what their talking about. Success has caused Mance to be criticized. When you are up by thirty or forty points and keep your starters in. You are running up the score intentionally in most people's mind. If you pull them out, you are affecting their college selection. It's a no-win situation. In my opinion, Mance should be AA coach of the year. He has put together an unstoppable force on offense and has maintained a high standard on defence. And now to the answer on Breeding. I want to say first, that there has never been a tail back at RHS as good as Breeding (my opinion, yes it is arguable.) With Jeremy McCommons a VERY close second. The reason Breeding was not pulled in the third quarter on a CONSISTENT basis was we did not outscore our opponents like this year's team has. The '92 team was a different type of team, we were a power running (try to stop us but you aren't going to---type of team.) Breeding was pulled in a few games, because we did blow a few teams off the planet. But, not every team we played in the regular season. I'm amazed people can still find something to criticize when they have embarassed practically every team they have played. Yet, have taken every single precation (playing the reserves, even as early as the third quarter) to keep from doing so. My advice is this. Sit down and enjoy watching this team. Because, a team like this does not come around very often. And leave the coaching to the coaching staff.

If Caleb had the playing time he would easily break the record, but he's not gonna get it. As it stands, last night he tied the school points record (also held by Breeding) of 156 points..in the 8th game. I'm not sure if Breeding's was across the regular season or the entire 14 games, so *shrug*, but either way that's pretty impressive.

Also I would agree, Breeding is definitely the best back to play at RHS. The other guys listed are good and we have had been lucky enough to have some great backs here at RHS, but there was no stopping him. He could out run you, run around you, and most of all run through you. He was also quite the kick returner as well. I've seen all those other guys (McCommons, Davis, Ringstaff, Jennings) and maybe more that I missed that were pretty good, but none had the total package like him.

Football is a TEAM GAME individual records are for wrestling, tennis, track or cross country. Also it is known for a long time that stats are for losers. Mance knows what he is doing. The big picture is for the good of the team. Stop the worry about records, and worry what size rings the team needs to order. By the way Sandy Rodgers was way ahead of Breeding.

I know this has nothing to do with what being talked about here but i thought I would share it.. In one state maybe more but can not remeber what state is was that if a team runs up the score the coach gets susepended for the next game!!! Thats kinda harsh!! IMO

With that in mind it is kind of hard to play JV players in the 3rd and 4th quarter and tell them not to try their best, when all week you tell them to give 110% at all times. I totally agree with the RHS coaches after the game is in hand pull your starters and let the younger boys get some experience. You may not see the benefits today but wait until next year when these guys are your starters and they have true game experience they will not panic under pressure.

They might as well just call the game when a team is up by so many points and let everyone go home. I can understand not wanting to embarrass the other team but at some point the other team has to accept the responsibility of not embarrassing themselves.

Like I said, I know why Mance does'nt play the guys the whole game.I'd like to know where you seen critisism in

my post by the way.As far as Breeding play in the fourth

quarters,that was a simple question I was asking.I didn't

get to see him play much at all but I've watched Richlands

for most years since the late 60's.The Blues have had many

great backs but all those backs didn't have a great line like some did.It would be interesting to see stats of many

of the mentioned backs and include Rob Cruey in there with them.He was pretty good to for someone who never carried the ball until his junior year in high school.

[ QUOTE ]

think breedings yards came in 14 games in 1992. caleb has a shot with hopefully 6 games to play. look for caleb to wear out the cavalier def. this friday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah Breeding's 1500 odd something yards were in the regular season. He had 2000 plus total in the whole year, I believe Ron said he rushed for 569 in the playoffs (amazing) to break 2100 for the year. I'll check and see for the exact #'s.

EDIT: Breeding rushed for 1580 yards in the regular season, and 569 yards in the playoffs as I said above. 2149 yards total.

i agree and also they are letting the bench get alot of experience for next yr .as far as hurtin the college careers i dont think they are .but thats just my opinion.i think its been very classy to not run the score up any worse than it already is.

[ QUOTE ]

i disagree with that.i think the embarassment of a team would be to quit and say i give up,i say play 4 qtrs as hard as u can if its a complete blowout

[/ QUOTE ]

I was saying if you're going to fine the coach for running up the score (which is sometimes out of his control) you might as well just have a rule where the game is called at a certain point.

As far as embarrassing the other team, I said the same thing you did... When a team can't stop the opposing team's JV squad they are responsible for their own embarrassment... Not the winning team.

ye its not really embarassing to lose to richlands .they have a very rare team ,as someone done said those teams dont come along to often.how many games will they get to play home this yr ?id like to come watch them if we not in the playoffs .

Yes, Richlands should have home field advantage for the first round of the playoffs, and also the second round should they win the first (anyone know how a loss to Carroll County might effect that?) If they're still alive at that point they will travel to the region 3, division 4 champion for the state semi-finals.

i did some calculations (Icould be wrong) but worst case escenario is if RHS would lose out to carrol and lebanon the minimum points rhs could get is 205 i believe avg. 20.5. best case scenario for tazwell i believe is 215 points 21.5 avg. this is richlands losing to carrol and lebanon, carrol beating graham so richlands gets no points for graham win and alot of other options which probably are not going to happen. So it looks like richlands has it in the bag but it can happen. basically if riclands loses out and tazwell wins out it will be too close for comfort, but all richlands has to do is win one of the remaing to because you get 10 points fo winning automatically plus 6 fo carrol or 4 for lebanon and we get homefield throughout the region