When is grundy going single A

weightlefter109

[ QUOTE ]

it will not be at least till 2008......if they even go then

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they'll stay 2A..numbers will pickup especially if they can keep Matt Lee around those middle schoolers..he'll re-establish a work ethic and positive attitude towards reaching the next level...I hope there smart enough to let him have the whole thing next year..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

it will not be at least till 2008......if they even go then

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they'll stay 2A..numbers will pickup especially if they can keep Matt Lee around those middle schoolers..he'll re-establish a work ethic and positive attitude towards reaching the next level...I hope there smart enough to let him have the whole thing next year..

[/ QUOTE ]

I also heard that the deal to move to single A had already been decided but I will have to see it before I believe it!

Grayson's student population is on the way down, the spike from 2002-2004 is gone, with the textile/furniture industry on the serious decline ,Grayson will be sub-600 in 3 years.

Have you ever been to Grayson, name me a single A school with such a spread out population, going east to west it starts on the ohter side of Galax and runs to the Tenn. line.

[ QUOTE ]

They need to build a new school and bring all the schools together, and form Buchanan County High School.......Then they could stay double A.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hurley High should have been took in to the Grundy school when the flood hit...Would have been a great time to do it and I believe it would have made for a better transition..you wouldnt felt like you where getting force fed....People will fight it but eventually the Old Mighty Dollar will decide it...You bus kids to the Vocational school every day from Hurley so what's the difference....3 miles?

Yeah but spread out community or not they have the population to be playing AA and have had for quite some time. EH has a good point. Why do all of these schools play out of their classifications so often and for so many years?

I think that in Grundy's case and in most cases where a school is playing above its class, moving down would kindof admit you can't play with the big dogs anymore. Going from the SWD to the Black Diamond in there mind would be a downgrade. Plus change is bad. You have a schedule you know what it is going to be and you are afraid of change.

i agree with ya on some of it but i have some news for you. it will not be called grundy golden wave or hurley rebs they will build a new school up on rock house or some where they will be called a new name and have new colors

[ QUOTE ]

i agree with ya on some of it but i have some news for you. it will not be called grundy golden wave or hurley rebs they will build a new school up on rock house or some where they will be called a new name and have new colors

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry bro..the new school will go up at the Lovers Gap/Poplar Gap project. Most likely it will retain the name of Grundy High School.

It'd be best for both parties if Hurley agrees to consolidation.

[ QUOTE ]

Why do all of these schools play out of their classifications so often and for so many years?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't speak for Grundy, but Grayson Co. can actually compete every now and again by playing in a primarily D1 district. Were they to go elsewhere, they would be demolished my everyone.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the news flash but I didnt say theyd call it Grundy......I said take the kids to Grundy....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry bro..the new school will go up at the Lovers Gap/Poplar Gap project. Most likely it will retain the name of Grundy High School.

It'd be best for both parties if Hurley agrees to consolidation.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the Virginia Mountaineer, it will be on top of the mountain between Poplar Gap and Lover's Gap, and be called Grundy High School. No other schools will consolidate with them, Although I would not be suprised to see Council involved somehow. The land will be donated and the new school will sit on 45 acres. Should be really nice when it finally happens. My guess is about 10 years.....

Council is in the middle of nowhere anyways. It would be at least an hour in a bus to the top of Lover's Gap, and that is from Davenport..It would be closer for those kids to go to Honaker or Haysi.

The school will most likely retain the Grundy name..What else will they call it? Smiley Ratliff high school?