richlands still looking for game 10...

stubbycurrence

Princeton wants nothing to do with playing Graham after the way Graham has dominated the series between the two teams...BTW, '87 and '88 were the two worst Graham teams in the past 40 years and Graham still won one of those meetings...

2004...Graham 38-7

1997...Graham 31-10

1996...Graham 27-0

1991...Graham 51-0

1990...Graham 24-12

1989...Graham 34-0

1988...Graham 29-0

1987...Princeton 7-3

1986...Princeton 13-0

Trust me, Graham has done everything possible to schedule games with Princeton instead of having to go 3+ hours away for games but the powers that be at PHS said "thanks but no thanks" to the offers...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2004...Graham 38-7

1997...Graham 31-10

1996...Graham 27-0

1991...Graham 51-0

1990...Graham 24-12

1989...Graham 34-0

1988...Graham 29-0

1987...Princeton 7-3

1986...Princeton 13-0

---That's not saying much there gman!! P town has never been much of a threat to many teams.

great post...You would also have to agree that the G-Man era is coming to an end...you guys used to own the BullDogs but how is that looking the last few years....(by the way...I hope you beat the Dogs in the playoffs)....there is no more Carlock....this team you have this year was supposed to be one of the better ones....I've seen little evidence of that....sad to say but the Glynn Carlock era is over and it looks to be an up hill climb for the G-Men for many years to come......if I need anymore history stats I'll be sure to ask,,,,thanks for the help....

How is the Tiger/Beaver series gone the last 10 years.....you guys love to live in the past and look at the overall record....If that was the case, Pitt owns WVU in an overall record,,,,,I recently moved into the two virginias from a national highschool powerhouse program (Valdosta Georgia) and have become very involved in highschool football in the area.....I have most of the teams play and yes probably have somewhat of a bias to Princeton since I live in the area....with that said...it's time to look at the now and forget about the past......congradulations on being experts in history of the area football

How is the Tiger/Beaver series gone the last 10 years.....

uuh I would say somthing like 7-3 (not sure). My bad.. they are turning into powerhouse AAA school now. But we are not looking into the past. Valdosta to Princeton...now YOUR are the Expert. Since we are not looking into the past WVU owned pitt last night. and the beavers owned (7-0 win ??) the tigers this year.

Since 98......5 and 5.......not bad to be going aganist the best team on the east coast......4 out of last 7...congrats on this years win....Princeton pretty much wrapped it and gave it to you with 7 turnovers and not scoring 4 times inside the redzone....not so much good defense rather than terrible offense....and no not a AAA powerhouse but a team that continues to improve....they will be down next year but will continue to improve much like they did last year....its alittle different style week in and week out with the likes of Nitro, Capital and Riverside...unlike Shady Spring and Oak Hill-----I give Bluefield all the credit in the world...they are a fine football team and I hope they can bring it back to southern WV....heck maybe my neighbor can bring the Bluefield trophy back to Princeton since he lives in Quail Valley...thats another talk for another day...good luck tonight Bluefield and safe travels

Who warped your head when you moved here? I like your hidden smart A comments. Go calculate the wins before 98. And there AAA and have that many students, so don't cry about playing Capital and Nitro. Bluefield easily could have won 2 AAA title in 97 and 04. Ohh and your neighbor is a smart guy.... Go to the school that is noticed in the state!

[ QUOTE ]

great post...You would also have to agree that the G-Man era is coming to an end...you guys used to own the BullDogs but how is that looking the last few years....(by the way...I hope you beat the Dogs in the playoffs)....there is no more Carlock....this team you have this year was supposed to be one of the better ones....I've seen little evidence of that....sad to say but the Glynn Carlock era is over and it looks to be an up hill climb for the G-Men for many years to come......if I need anymore history stats I'll be sure to ask,,,,thanks for the help....

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like Graham is still doing OK with the Bullpuppies...

Graham-Tazewell since 1973 (*-denotes playoff game)...

1973 Tazewell 27-22

1974 Graham 24-21

1975 Tazewell 20-16

1976 Graham 12-0

1977 Graham 21-20

1978 Graham 28-8

1979 Graham 21-18

1980 Graham 13-12

1981 Graham 13-0

1981 Graham 6-3*

1982 Graham 20-11

1983 Tazewell 13-6

1984 Tazewell 7-6

1985 Tazewell 39-21

1986 Tazewell 26-10

1987 Tazewell 16-0

1988 Tazewell 10-0

1989 Graham 19-0

1990 Graham 29-14

1990 Graham 7-3*

1991 Graham 49-26

1992 Graham 34-0

1993 Graham 43-8

1994 Graham 13-6

1995 Graham 38-14

1996 Graham 40-12

1997 Graham 35-6

1998 Graham 13-12

1999 Graham 49-22

1999 Tazewell 21-14*

2000 Graham 21-7

2001 Graham 41-6

2002 Graham 35-12

2003 Graham 42-2

2004 Tazewell 7-5

2004 Tazewell 19-13*

2005 Graham 25-17

2005 Graham 23-7*

2006 Tazewell 7-6

2006 Graham 41-0*

Without some injuries, this team could have been better than 6-4...but there is nothing you can do about injuries, they are part of the game, but Graham has had more than their share of them this year and still managed to have a good year. Even without Coach Carlock, Graham will be fine...

Well i heard 2day from a really really good source of info. that the 10th game is lookin like Bluefield. its not it writing yet but i reckon they have juiced the ink in the pin and ready to sign if all goes as planned. I hope it does!!

[ QUOTE ]

Well i heard 2day from a really really good source of info. that the 10th game is lookin like Bluefield. its not it writing yet but i reckon they have juiced the ink in the pin and ready to sign if all goes as planned. I hope it does!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard the same over the weekend. I hope it becomes official this time around...

[ QUOTE ]

Yea, if he would have played for princeton we would have been home Friday night. Not a bad season for rebuilding, 2nd round playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rebuilding....you guys said that last year when you got slammed by Weir...always an excuse from you guys...its hard to be a fan of Bluefield when I read all of these posts.....wether it being field conditions....bad calls...this and that.....and to go back to your quote....if he would have played for Princeton, Bluefield would not have made it to the playoffs....I'm sure I'll get a rise out of that....I look forward to all the comments.....

There is NO excuse for Princeton! You get beat by them or only win by 7 its a bad year. And not sure, but I think your boy from princeton was originally from blu. Someone help me here.. but how many Seniors will blu lose this year?

[ QUOTE ]

how many Seniors will blu lose this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

17 total seniors will be lost by Richlands

#2 - Arms

#5 - McCall

#7 - Jennings

#15 - McCracken

#21 - Clayburne

#25 - Tatum

#30 - Simmons

#55 - Goforth

#58 - Fletcher

#60 - Adams

#63 - Compton

#64 - Vandyke

#71 - McKnight

#74 - Shepherd

#82 - Vencille

#85 - Cook

#88 - Null

don't know about your seniors but your boy powell was never from Bluefield....his brother attends Princeton and I'm pretty sure he is a freshman....Powell attended Princeton his freshman year and then transferred to Bluefield when Coach Gilliard went to Bluefield to coach Basketball because of the ineptness of coach Wray at Princeton.....your backfield at Bluefield was comprised of all Seniors except for you QB....you do have a vrey good QB and fantastic WR comming back....and I'm sure you will have some deer such as Patterson in the backfield....Lily will help somewhere...but please don't pull the rebuilding bit on me because this year was not a rebuilding year...yes, maybe last year was a rebuilding year but not this one....all I'm saying is please no excuses

from the KHSSA website....

"Pike County Central Need to fill two of the following dates: 8/24/07, 8/31/07, 9/7/07.

Pikeville, KY

enrollment: 663

2006 record 4-6

I didn't pull the rebuilding bit. Powell knows better then to play for Princeton, that is not all they have to win with either if that is what you are meaning. Just keep your stats with the tiggers and find excuses for them never winning championships. Oh my bad, when they beat Bluefield there champs.

Thats fine little friend.....keep looking to the past to find your championships...we all know that Bluefield can make it to the show but can they win it all and more times especially here often they cannot.....seems to have some conflict in the ranks with rumors and all....what happened to that potent offense that scores so many points...averaging 25pts a game is hardly putting up big numbers when you have so many atheletes...how does it feel to know that you have to have players from surronding areas to field a team that can be competetive at a AA level.....20 years ago you didn't need them.....looks like the Beavers tide is slowly changing to what could have been.....and I'm becoming more of a Princeton/Graham fan everyday because of fans that think Bluefield sits on a pedestal....Princeton has no championships....and maybe never will....but one thing they do have is some class.....they are playing .500 ball with you guys the last 10 years and if you ask some people close to the program they would tell you that if they do lose to Bluefield they are usually in for a long season because Bluefield is not as strong as the teams they are playing week in and week out.....I look forward to your brutal talk down to me comments

"Bluefield sits on a pedestal...."

8 state championships!!! They sit on top of the STATE!

Princeton class?? you have not lived there long have you?

Im done repling to this crap that comes from your computer.. move back to Georgia.