richlands still looking for game 10...

stubbycurrence

you must be a young guy that didn't play football.....where does those championships come from....your great speed or the intelligent player that has no speed....you know what I'm saying...don't worry...I'l never be on this site again.....it's full of nonplaying wannabees that try to live their life threw highschool atheletics...i'm sure your getting ready for B-Ball since your boyz were screwed from going to another and losing another State Title.....

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Thats fine little friend.....keep looking to the past to find your championships...we all know that Bluefield can make it to the show but can they win it all and more times especially here often they cannot....."

So what bluefield, overachives in some of those seasons with a youthful team, people acting if 2nd place is bad, it's frustrating because the team is close, but it's still 2nd to only 1 other team.

Factoid for you regarding 2nd place, the texas team in the movie "friday night lights", odessa periman, has been defeated 13 times in title games in recent decades. Most likely because even in seasons when they aren't expectd to be strong and have a lot of youth, the foundations of success the program has is still enough to produce exceptional results. I doubt anyone would question thier program.

"what happened to that potent offense that scores so many points...averaging 25pts a game is hardly putting up big numbers when you have so many atheletes..."

against tolsia, qb was out, overall, respectable season, what's your point?

"how does it feel to know that you have to have players from surronding areas to field a team that can be competetive at a AA level"

they don't, 1 or 2 transfers, in recent years, which is what I count, doesn't equal having to have players from other areas to be successful. Since you know it all, did you consider princeton benefited from the exceptional play of mike davis who transfered to princeton from bluefield in '02 and '03, who would have made a big difference in the title games in '02 and '03 for bluefield? Since you're into princeton football history so much, do jamie ealy and tony wallace come to mind? What about another ponder from '95?

What about amhad bradshaw, who while he attended bluefield va. schools was from bluefield wv? Could have been a bluefield beaver.

What about ht matthews, graham's exceptional qb and basketball player, could be wrong but was he not from bluefield wv?

What about graham's sohpomore qb will cole, is he not a transfer from bluefield wv?

What about a number of rb's in graham's backfield on their '95 va. title team? The point is not aimed at graham but the fact that anyone would be ignorant of the actual situation at bluefield regarding transfers to write that bluefield has to have other area talent, when the fact is they've had tenfold more talent transfer to other area schools than from. But perhaps since your move to this area you don't know the facts. Facts are always better than biased speculation.

[ QUOTE ]

Blu = Bluefield (sorry). RHS loosing alot of seniors next year!!

[/ QUOTE ]

richlands lost 17 seniors year before last and 16 seniors last year.....not a problem .....richlands will be loaded for at least the next 2 years

you are correct.....i didn't think that one out....was actually referring to starting positions the last 2 years......i believe they lose 14 starters this year....(starters is a loose term because so many kids get playing time)

richlands lost 17 seniors year before last and 16 seniors last year.....not a problem .....richlands will be loaded for at least the next 2 years .

Should make for some good Bluefield vs. Richlands games since they agreed on playing!! 10 th game.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I deny nothing. My ring says "STATE CHAMPION"

[/ QUOTE ]

This my freinds, is why it's always important to remind young men and future generations that it will not only be remembered who won or lost, but in the manner that victory was obtained.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I deny nothing. My ring says "STATE CHAMPION"

[/ QUOTE ]

This my freinds, is why it's always important to remind young men and future generations that it will not only be remembered who won or lost, but in the manner that victory was obtained.

[/ QUOTE ]

A simple quote for retort.

"Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards." ---Lois McMaster Bujold

[ QUOTE ]

richlands lost 17 seniors year before last and 16 seniors last year.....not a problem .....richlands will be loaded for at least the next 2 years .

Should make for some good Bluefield vs. Richlands games since they agreed on playing!! 10 th game.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats BS its over after this year and yall know it.

richlands should at least sweep the swd next year....they return 3 (wicks, pruett, and christian) out of the five starting defensive linemen who stuffed the graham rushing game friday night......plus a healthy chase fuller and derrick jackson (both of whom started on defense at one time or another this year) and 3 out of 4 starting defensive backs........on offense they will return austin fuller (at qb i'm pretty sure) plus ben addison, matt davis, romulo fahardo, kheven schweingruber, and taylor sizemore among others......next year's team will have more starters returning than richlands had this year or last...

i know tazewell and graham both lose a ton of good players and they did not play anywhere near the amount of players richlands does (both teams had alot of 2 way starters)

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands has had a full schedule for next year for almost TWO months now,!!!!!!! Powell Valley and Martinsville filled it up

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the word that Martinsville was a no go Have year heard otherwise? I will ask Greg when I talk with him Wednesday to make sure. I would like to see that game happen, I actually was under the impression that Bluefield would be scheduled.

Why do you think Richlands dropped to div. 3 because they could never get past Salem.Riclands will never play bluefield because they can 't handle the Beavers just like they couldn't handle Salem.You cry babies need to drop to A ball after this year. Try the black diamond.

first off, it wasnt our decision to drop to division 3, second, only years ago you morons were "richlands plays one of the toughest schedules in the area", third, i remember thrashing the beavers 47-0, and also beating them when they were the top ranked team in WVa, Richlands not only beat Graham once but twice, and the beavs got smacked by those same G-men, yall still wanna play?

[ QUOTE ]

Why do you think Richlands dropped to div. 3 because they could never get past Salem.Riclands will never play bluefield because they can 't handle the Beavers just like they couldn't handle Salem.You cry babies need to drop to A ball after this year. Try the black diamond.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the LAST TIME, Richlands dropped to division 3 because their enrollment dropped. The VHSL realigns the divisions by dividing them down the middle based on enrollment. Richlands had no say whatsoever. And as far as the Beavers... They ARE Single-A in the eyes of the VHSL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For the LAST TIME, Richlands dropped to division 3 because their enrollment dropped. The VHSL realigns the divisions by dividing them down the middle based on enrollment. Richlands had no say whatsoever. And as far as the Beavers... They ARE Single-A in the eyes of the VHSL

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Bluefield was considered Division 3 this year for the VHSL rating system...