richlands still looking for game 10...

stubbycurrence

Learned over the weekend that the Blues still need a tenth game. Two words. CALL BLUEFIELD. They tried to get Haysi, but they did not want any part of it. What a game it would be. Swap officials if that is a problem. West Va. @ Richlands, Virginia crew at Bluefield. Come on Blues get it done.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Learned over the weekend that the Blues still need a tenth game. Two words. CALL BLUEFIELD. They tried to get Haysi, but they did not want any part of it. What a game it would be. Swap officials if that is a problem. West Va. @ Richlands, Virginia crew at Bluefield. Come on Blues get it done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats 3 words!!!!

As far as I know Richlands has a full slate next year. The Bluefield thing obviously isn't going to happen so why do you want to start a thread that's only going to cause trouble?

What's with the Grundy people this year anyway? You never hear a bad word from Richlands fans about Grundy yet there are at least a half dozen Grundy posters trashing Richlands every chance they get lately.

[ QUOTE ]

As far as I know Richlands has a full slate next year. The Bluefield thing obviously isn't going to happen so why do you want to start a thread that's only going to cause trouble?

What's with the Grundy people this year anyway? You never hear a bad word from Richlands fans about Grundy yet there are at least a half dozen Grundy posters trashing Richlands every chance they get lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont seem to know what you mean, but my opinion is this i will be in support of the last SWD team remaining weather it be Richlands, Graham, Tazewell or Carroll County. Good Luck Represent us well, and before long we will be right back in the mix of things..Good luck BLUES!, good luck DAWGS! good luck G-MEN! good luck CAVS!

[ QUOTE ]

Sounds like Richlands. Trying to get easy teams to play them. Why would they want to play Haysi, their terrible. Why don't they schedule some good teams to really showcase their talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

The new team is Powell Valley and we tried to get Martinsville but couldn't for some reason. And for the last time, we would die to play Bluefield. It's not up to the players.

[ QUOTE ]

Sounds like Richlands. Trying to get easy teams to play them. Why would they want to play Haysi, their terrible. Why don't they schedule some good teams to really showcase their talent.

[/ QUOTE ]richlands has to fill a schedule reguardlees of who it is the trouble is going to be finding a team that also has an opening in their schedule . its not that richlands doesnt want tougher competition the tougher competition doesnt want richlands (we make them look really bad)

I'm not sure what happened with Martinsville, Cave Spring is the one I had my fingers crossed for, don't know if Bluefield will happen or not (or even if I want it to), haven't heard a thing about Haysi until now...

[ QUOTE ]

Why not one of the larger WV schools instead of Bluefield?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they are all in "conferences" that "supply" them enough games to fill a schedule and they only have room for 1 or 2 "non-conference" games...most of which are filled with teams they played prior to joining said "conference"...

Well here's a new way of looking at it, MAYBE the Richlands AD called Bluefield and Martinsville and both schools said no. The way scheduling usually works is that both teams agree to play each other, not "hey Martinsville and Bluefield, we are scheduling a game with you the next two seasons".

[ QUOTE ]

Well here's a new way of looking at it, MAYBE the Richlands AD called Bluefield and Martinsville and both schools said no. The way scheduling usually works is that both teams agree to play each other, not "hey Martinsville and Bluefield, we are scheduling a game with you the next two seasons".

[/ QUOTE ]

I guarantee you that Bluefield did NOT say no. Bluefield pursued a series with Richlands during the past off-season and are very interested in scheduling Richlands for '07 and beyond. Bluefield wouldn't say no, trust me.