Washington County with two coaches to hire?

falconfan1

[ QUOTE ]

thanks for predicting the future jesus.. now i kno i shouldnt come to abingdon on fridays and watch my Alumni play football.. you just saved be a lot of traveling.. thanks again.. anything else i should kno?

[/ QUOTE ]

uh sure..

[ QUOTE ]

thanks for predicting the future jesus.. now i kno i shouldnt come to abingdon on fridays and watch my Alumni play football.. you just saved be a lot of traveling.. thanks again.. anything else i should kno?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should know the difference between the terms "alumni" and "alma mater." I'm guessing you actually meant to use the latter term instead of the former.

Actually, it might not be a bad idea to let alumni suit up for the Falcons. Chip Thayer and the boys from back in the day could probably still bring some stuff.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your welcome! Also, maybe the reason Washington Co. hasn't hired a football coach yet is because THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT FOOTBALL...Abingdon is a SOCCER TOWN...football is just a reason to provide the Soccer Team with a good field to play on...

[ QUOTE ]

thanks again... anything else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeh, I forgot that the b-ball coach was quiting too...hmmm, the two MAJOR boys sports have lost their coaches this season...helps to prove that Abingdon is a Soccer School...do you all have a polo team too??? Biff and Muffy would love to help replace the divots...

i dont deny abingdon struggles to get to .500 in football most years. that being said, theyll probably beat you in most any other sport. calling abingdon a 'soccer school' does injustice to all the other winning programs there. gregory did not leave, he was fired. blevins is leaving to become the vp at chilhowie, a job that comes with a pay raise and higher administrative position. this kind of thing happens all the time. abingdon has no polo team or, indeed, even a water polo team. polo is for rich kids. you might check virginia high.

You know, I really don't have a dog in this fight, but I would bet that Abingdon is consistently better than any SWD school in just about every sport besides football. The Abingdon hoops team was down this year, but better than any team in the SWD. Their baseball team has swept the SWD the past couple years. They have better tennis teams, cross country, girls basketball, girls and boys soccer, golf, Not wrestling-but almost, so, really, besides football, the soon to be defunct highlands is much stronger than the swd. No question about football, but overall, the Highlands is much better.

[ QUOTE ]

You know, I really don't have a dog in this fight, but I would bet that Abingdon is consistently better than any SWD school in just about every sport besides football. The Abingdon hoops team was down this year, but better than any team in the SWD. Their baseball team has swept the SWD the past couple years. They have better tennis teams, cross country, girls basketball, girls and boys soccer, golf, Not wrestling-but almost, so, really, besides football, the soon to be defunct highlands is much stronger than the swd. No question about football, but overall, the Highlands is much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Golf is a tossup, we beat them pretty much every tournament the past two years except for the 2006 Region tournament.

yea, that's like saying we didn't win the state championship game, but we beat the team that won it, so we're better than the state champion. but, even if the highlands and swd are even in golf, the highlands is still a stronger district---minus football of course

what are you talking about?? just look at the districts head to head...the highlands has dominated the swd in pretty much every sport besides football. wrestling is grundy's, but come on.....its not even close in all the other sports.