Mitchell Stadium Getting Turf!

Beaverteeth

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.. rubber cleats actually.

You do have to wear cleats though, it def. makes a difference...the rubber pellets are key, helps with tough calls on the out-of-bounds line, little traction, etc.

much appreciation to you june shott, sincerely.

that said, I'd really like to see an american flag in the middle of the field, from 45 yardline to 45 yardline, then have a beaver logo at the 25 on 1 side and a g man star at the other 25.

that new type fiber optic turf is gonna explode when they get all the kinks and details worked out...its like those lil fiber optic x-mas trees that change color and you can program the field..its amazing but not sure how long till it starts makin appearances but its surely gonna be expensive

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

thats cool i wish tazewell would get turf

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would Tazewell want turff? They have one of the best fields in the area!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah ole coach keene does a good job of keeping it that way too

[ QUOTE ]

my guess is that would be in the pros most,

not certain about advertising of any type at the high school level on the field though in wv.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought u could get the turf shoes.....like vick makes

i've honestly just like wearing regular cleats. vick's shoes aren't really for turf i don't think, just for cross training. it may be good on turf tho, but i don't know.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

thats cool i wish tazewell would get turf

[/ QUOTE ]

Among other things Taz. needs to do alot more than get turf.....the field is nice enough..how about some new locker rooms and batrooms??

We have a $1.5 million Fieldturf field in Charlottesville, and from experience with intramural sports, you can use either rubber cleats or metal-tipped cleats. It is a lifesaver when it comes to preparing the field for games: paint the field and you are ready to roll. At the beginning of the season, the field is slightly more forgiving than a natural surface, but as the season wears on, the rubber pellets (or fake dirt, as I like to call it) settle and compact, and the field becomes somewhat harder than a natural surface. It always looks sharp, and you never have to worry about mud. I hope this little rambling was helpful.