Mitchell Stadium Getting Turf!

Beaverteeth

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

well as far as i can tell...the Baron's have the best record on that field...so its theirs! haha

[/ QUOTE ]

The who??? Do they play in the Bluefield midget league???

The belief is that the endzones will possibly have Bluefield written in them, as in the City of Bluefield, which as everyone knows owns the stadium. Honestly, I'd like to see the Beaver logo as well as the Graham logo on the field, on opposite sides of the 50-yardline. I'll be given more details about the design in the coming days when the individual I spoke with sees the design first hand.

Is there anyway they could put removable logos on the field? I'm sure they could but do they even make logos that would stick for the entire game, through all the wear and tear.....if they could then it would be nice if they could put a beavers logo, a g-men logo, and a [censored] logo when each team hosts........but i dont think its possible....it would be the way to go if it were possible

[ QUOTE ]

Is there anyway they could put removable logos on the field? I'm sure they could but do they even make logos that would stick for the entire game, through all the wear and tear.....if they could then it would be nice if they could put a beavers logo, a g-men logo, and a [censored] logo when each team hosts........but i dont think its possible....it would be the way to go if it were possible

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be expensive and time consuming as the logos are sown onto the playing surface.

i wouldnt mind seeing G-Men in one end zone with a G-Star and Beavers in the other end zone with a Beaver and then a Beaver on one side of the 50 and a G-Star on the other end...

oh i see! I didnt think it was feasable but with today's technology, you never know

I figured maybe they would have some sort of sticker to lay down that could be almost as good as one thats sowed in.....or possibly have easy to wash away paint, and have a stencil to come in after each team plays.....wash off the logo and put down the logo of the next team to host

If they can't get something like this, i dont think there should be any logos on the field......Even though the City of Bluefield has the right to put down whatever they would like, they also collect a pretty penny from Tazewell County to allow the G-Men to play there....they should take that into consideration.....but hey don't the Jets play at Giants stadium....lol

The City of Bluefield has been seeking private funds and donors for a long time in order to install turf at Mitchell Stadium. The City was not going to purchase the turf until the funding was secured and completely paid for. The City of Bluefield also collects a pretty penny from the Mercer B.O.E. so that Bluefield can play on and use Mitchell Stadium. Although, I do believe the amount is less than for Tazewell County, which is only fair since the parents of those Bluefield High students pay taxes to the City of Bluefield as they do reside in the city.

I didnt know that the City of Bluefield makes the MCSB pay for the Beavers to play there....lol....what a rip off! Shame on the City of Bluefield....but hey, i guess its all about the benjamins baby! lol

All I can say is its their field, I'm sure they will do whatever they see fit.

Correction from above post:Parkersburg put in Prograss, not Fieldturf.

Any logos or letters on the field cost a lot more.

Each letter in our endzones cost $1500 each. We put BIG REDS in each endzone.

The logo at midfield a huge red P goes from the 41 yard line to the other 41 yard line, and is almost as wide as the hashes. Cost $5000

Get someone to sponsor the logos and letters and put a sign up in the stadium showing their support.

Link to a pictures of Parkersburg Stadium Field.

www.phsfootball.com

scroll down about halfway on the home page.

Just past the scout car and cheerleaders.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be expensive and time consuming as the logos are sown onto the playing surface.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily, they can be sewn in like CAM stadium in Southwilliamson, KY where Belfry High School plays. Or the logos could be painted on like you see on most Field Turf fields like NFL stadiums. Ford Field in Detroit is a good example where superbowl 40 was played. The field has a solution that can be painted and washed. I would imagine that would be too expensive for the city of Bluefield to afford. My guess is that you will see a very generic design, probably something like Mitchell Stadium in both endzones. At the very least maybe they would put both occupants logos in the endzones, even if it is small.

[ QUOTE ]

oh i see! I didnt think it was feasable but with today's technology, you never know

I figured maybe they would have some sort of sticker to lay down that could be almost as good as one thats sowed in.....or possibly have easy to wash away paint, and have a stencil to come in after each team plays.....wash off the logo and put down the logo of the next team to host

If they can't get something like this, i dont think there should be any logos on the field......Even though the City of Bluefield has the right to put down whatever they would like, they also collect a pretty penny from Tazewell County to allow the G-Men to play there....they should take that into consideration.....but hey don't the Jets play at Giants stadium....lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I was reading an article in ESPN the magazine a month ago or so. There is a company half owned by Art Modell former owner of the Browns and Ravens, which is developing a new type of pro grass that has millions of tiny lights under the playing surface in millions of colors, and what they are developing is a turf field that never has to be painted for anything. It is all programmed by computer. Football game tonight, one button pushed the field is ready, Soccer game tomorrow, press another button and the field is ready for the "other" football. I hope to see it actually come to fruition one day that would be awesome.

Thanks Mrs Shott. What a wonderful woman, first Concord now Mitchell Stadium. The cost was over 700,000. I wonder if that includes repaving the track around the stadium, and tearing out the fence? The city of Bluefield WV should make their play for the WVSSAC championships now.

we were talking about it all today....the endzone art costs $6,000 for each endzone and the turf is supposed to be ready for the graham/beaver game.....coach has had us working on our speed so much with help from a tranier from VT.....should be an intresting game