OU81

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

hope you guys get the state games some day

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be great for both communities.plus i would get to watch more high school football,not to mention 3 state championships.

[ QUOTE ]

hope you guys get the state games some day

[/ QUOTE ]

In order for that to happen Bluefield and Princeton would need to combine forces IMO. Princeton with the hotels and restaurants and Bluefield with the field. Heck the teams could even practice at Hunnicut Stadium on their turf. I think that is the only way southern WV would have ANY chance.

On another note, that stone wall certainly would look nicer with plaques of former Graham and Bluefield greats. A ring of honor so to speak.

[ QUOTE ]

When are they stitching in the Beaver logo on the 50 yd line? after the numbers?

[/ QUOTE ]

no beaver,graham or baron logo will be on the field since neither team owns it.

someone was talking about other improvements, i think they should make their seating wheelchair accessible.

for example richlands built a wooden platform at the front of their stands right on the 50 yard line.

i went to richlands/graham last year and had to roll up and down the track to watch the game.

and if they are not willing to make accommadations, i will have the ADA after them. LOL

I agree about the wheelchair access, but you never know, perhaps you could inquire and watch from the press box, I know they have a ramp up to the 2nd floor of it, jay sims would watch games from there and it's not as if they ever really fill up the press box, not to my knowledge anyhow.

I think we should really stir the fire as far as getting an area of honor for past players for the G-Men and Beavers. It would be nice for the likes of Sims, Dudley, Isabelle, Bradshaw, etc. to grace the environment of the new Mitchell. Heck, the sacred soil is gone, it's the least that could be done. A wall of honor for great players from the community we share.

Go G-Men, Beat the Beavers

Go Beavers, Beat the Tornado

That would work..

I was just thinking that since that is grahams side, that would be cool for there fans, and since bluefield sits on the home side. It would be cool for them to do it on that side

They need something else at Mitchell to let them know about Bluefield and Grahams football history...

There are plans in place to honor the former greats, players and coaches, of each school at the stadium. What could slow the process from what I understand is that each respective school is responsible for raising the money to pay for the tributes. With regard to that, I've been told that Bluefield High has already raised $15,000 themselves to put toward honoring their former greats.