GRID O RAMA

ghs84

Friday, August 17--Starts early in the morning

Teams: Bluefield, Graham, Mount View, Richlands, Wayne (WV), Martinsburg (WV), Martinsville, and George Wythe.

The last that I heard a schedule hadn't been determined for sure yet, but that they were looking at a WV teams v. Virginia teams format. If that's the case then Bluefield would face George Wythe and Martinsville and Graham would face Wayne and Martinsburg. Honestly, if that's what happens I'd prefer Bluefield play a little better competition. Martinsville should be stout, but I'd like to see them scrimmage Martinsburg or Wayne as opposed to George Wythe.

I know that Bluefield has a great program, but George Wythe is expecting a great year if they can get their line together. Their skilled positions are pretty strong this year and got a good deal of experience last year. I think they will play well enough to keep Bluefield on their toes. I know that GW is a small school, but they have a lot of pride in their program.

No disrespect intended, I would just prefer that Bluefield play a team such as Wayne or Martinsburg. Wayne b/c they're the defending AA state champs and Martinsburg b/c they always have a big, athletic team which would challenge Beaver in those aspects.

[ QUOTE ]

I have spoken to several Martinsville students and players this summer and they are not expecting to have a very strong team this year. Most say they’ll be surprised if they compete well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been curious about Martinsville this year.....I know they lose the Hairstons, but other than that I'm not real sure on what they return...

did they give you any feedback on what they think of the new coach?

[ QUOTE ]

I have spoken to several Martinsville students and players this summer and they are not expecting to have a very strong team this year. Most say they’ll be surprised if they compete well.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the case then I would prefer Bluefield not scrimmage those guys either. For scrimmages I would prefer to play the toughest teams you can find b/c that's what will prepare a team for the real games...

I know that you didn't mean any disrespect. I am just glad that GW gets a chance to play against such great programs. Last year they were intimidated at the Grid o rama, but this year they believe they can hang better and at least be able to compete with most of the teams. They will probably be the smallest school there, but hope to use this as a spring board for the regular season. I agree that the tougher the competition the better prepared a team will be.

[ QUOTE ]

How long is it expecte to last until?

[/ QUOTE ]

last year it started at 3:00pm and last til around 8:15 so if i had to guess,around 5 to 6 hours give or take.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

How long is it expecte to last until?

[/ QUOTE ]

last year it started at 3:00pm and last til around 8:15 so if i had to guess,around 5 to 6 hours give or take.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it started earlier in the day last year?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been curious about Martinsville this year.....I know they lose the Hairstons, but other than that I'm not real sure on what they return...

did they give you any feedback on what they think of the new coach?

[/ QUOTE ]Some of the kids are saying that several of their key players are transferring to the private school down there “Carlisle School†and have been given full scholarships. Some players from Bassett and Magna Vista have also accepted scholarships. That’s what I’ve been told.

[ QUOTE ]

I hope we get to see some good football,these are all good football teams.should be darn good.its worth calling in sick.lol

[/ QUOTE ]

They are all good except for Richlands...Richlands is horrible...I think thay will go 0-10 this season.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I hope we get to see some good football,these are all good football teams.should be darn good.its worth calling in sick.lol

[/ QUOTE ]

They are all good except for Richlands...Richlands is

horrible...I think thay will go 0-10 this season.

[/ QUOTE ]

now you know its already etched in stone that they will be 28-0 this year cause they gonna beat everyone twice.lol.lmao and haha and all that sh*t