honakers field

mudmakr

Drove by today and still no turf? Practice starting next week, and only the small practice field (about half a football field) to practice on. Looks like it might be tough for the tigers to prepare? No home game scheduled until the 3rd game of the year so should be ready?

I saw the field Sunday. It looks like everything is ready to start laying carpet but there was none in site. Didn't someone say they sent the wrong carpet the first time so now they have to wait?

[ QUOTE ]

I saw the field Sunday. It looks like everything is ready to start laying carpet but there was none in site. Didn't someone say they sent the wrong carpet the first time so now they have to wait?

[/ QUOTE ]

I beleive I saw the Honaker boys over at SVCC practicing today...anyone know it that was them?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I beleive I saw the Honaker boys over at SVCC practicing today...anyone know it that was them?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah ...and they won't let us play over there...lol...guess they have some standards.

seems like I rem. someone saying somewhere that installation of the turf itself takes 2-3 weeks, so they'll be cuttin' it close (of course, it shouldn't be much of a problem/hassle to change it around & play R away this year and home next year - that'll givem 2 more weeks).

I heard that originally turf company was supposed to be there in early July, but the contractor ran into some unexpected things under the field which delayed their end of things thus pushing the turf back. I think now turf company is rearranging things to get people in to make sure field is done. I doubt there will be any suing going on, just some unexpected circumstances that threw off the logistics.

[ QUOTE ]

seems like I rem. someone saying somewhere that installation of the turf itself takes 2-3 weeks, so they'll be cuttin' it close (of course, it shouldn't be much of a problem/hassle to change it around & play R away this year and home next year - that'll givem 2 more weeks).

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually that would be a hassle. The idea is to dedicate the field at Honaker this year against Richlands, then dedicate the field at Richlands next year against Honaker.

[ QUOTE ]

I heard that originally turf company was supposed to be there in early July, but the contractor ran into some unexpected things under the field which delayed their end of things thus pushing the turf back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that running into ROCK at Honaker qualifies as unexpected.

The turf has been rolled out on the field. Orange End Zones and Green with lines, no numbers or lettering yet. Just rolled out it looks good. Can't wait to see the finished product.