honakers field

mudmakr

From what I've heard it's not by Richlands or Emats choice it worked out this way. It's the Taz Co. School board. Seems like they can't make a decision on accepting a large monetary gift unless it benefits them directly!

[ QUOTE ]

From what I've heard it's not by Richlands or Emats choice it worked out this way. It's the Taz Co. School board. Seems like they can't make a decision on accepting a large monetary gift unless it benefits them directly!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont think that had anything to do with it...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo!!! Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!!!

Nah, the TCSB didn't have anything to do with it. It's just how it worked out. We will have field turf in 2008. The field now looks pretty darn amazing considering how it looked at the beginning of June. A new state of the art lighting system - from everything I've read and been told about these lights they should be as bright as it gets for a high school facility - A new sign has been installed over the press box, new paint for the bleachers, and as mentioned above, ground has been broken for the badly needed new field house. I'd say "The Ernie" is looking better than ever.

Rode by the field yesterday while in Honaker they have the turf rolled out and it's going to look great. Looks like they have paved all around the field where the grass once covered really looks like a totally new field.

[ QUOTE ]

Somebody should shoot some pictures like the guys have from Bluefield and Princeton so we can compare the three?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea---I would love to see pics--not to compare but to see how great it looks!!!

All that sounds nice BigD4VT.....glad to hear it! I just wish they would do something for the visitors so they don't have to walk in mud when visiting the concession stand.It's pretty embarrasing to have a nice stadium and not make it a enjoyable place for them to watch a ballgame (mabey they have already taken care of this).

[ QUOTE ]

All that sounds nice BigD4VT.....glad to hear it! I just wish they would do something for the visitors so they don't have to walk in mud when visiting the concession stand.It's pretty embarrasing to have a nice stadium and not make it a enjoyable place for them to watch a ballgame (mabey they have already taken care of this).

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasnt aware that the visitors had to walk in mud to get to the concession stand. It seems like if that were the case all they would have to do is move the trailer to the edge of the track so no one would have to step in the mud. I would like to see expanded visitors seating, but I dont think that should be the next thing on the list. No one really has great visitor seating, except Mitchell (thats all I can think of right now). And most fields dont even have a visitors concession stand, ususally they are located somehwere in between the two sides, but some places only have a stand on the home side.

[ QUOTE ]

haysi has pertty good visitor seating the visitor bleachers are nicer than the home (home side is bigger)and they are closer to the concession stand clintwood also has a nice set up

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never been to Haysi, I have been to Clintwood once, but I dont really recall the visitors set up. I think I remember their visitor seating being the metal bleachers, but Im not certain.

Yes Clintwood has medal bleachers but they are raised off the field so the view even from the bottom level is nice.

There is also a set of bleachers (also raised) catercorner in the east endzone which are great seats when the teams are on that side of the 50 driving that direction but NOT so good when the teams are heading the other direction

[ QUOTE ]

Lebanon has a pretty good set up. Two years ago they switched and gave the visitors, what was the Home side for years and they have 3 consessons to choose from.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the side that is attached to the school? Is that the new home side or the new home side. Because when I went there there two years ago the visitors side was on the opposite side from the school. And the seats were just like anyother visitor stands...nothing special, but they were crammed packed with RHS fans. I dont even think I attempted to get up and go to the concession stand.