Barry Bonds hits 2 home runs

rvtne216

Who cares...he's a cheater...Aaron will still hold the record in my book...if baseball won't recognize the accomplishments of Pete Rose then they shouldn't acknowledge Bonds number of HRs...

Not only is he a cheater, he's a jerk of a person too. I haven't been able to stand him since the first time i knew who he was. With that said, it still is an impressive record to break. I'll give him props just for sticking it out that long, but when the day's done, he won't be the winner that he sees himself as.

But what u fail to see is that even if he did juice up it still takes him to swing the bat to hit the ball, juicing up doesnt make his hand and eye cordnation any better. yeah its sad that it comes down to this but u really got to think about it..

[ QUOTE ]

But what u fail to see is that even if he did juice up it still takes him to swing the bat to hit the ball, juicing up doesnt make his hand and eye cordnation any better. yeah its sad that it comes down to this but u really got to think about it..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but look at it this way...If your in class taking a test and you decide to write some of the study guide on your hand before the test to give yourself a little "boost" in the gradebook. Well, the teacher gives the test and to your dismay nothing you wrote on your hand is on the test. Well, half way through the the test the teacher notices the writing on your hand. Will you not be in trouble...are you not a cheater? Just a little analogy I thought of just now. It makes sense to me.

What if the steroids never came up till 10 to 15 years after Bonds had broken the record? Then what would u say. I am not taking up for him in anyway. But he still has to swing the bat and see the ball, roids dont make it work that way on its own. you and everyone else and me can say what we want about this, but even if the comish and aaron dont show up when he does break it its just going to hurt the game even more than it is right now...

[ QUOTE ]

What if the steroids never came up till 10 to 15 years after Bonds had broken the record? Then what would u say. I am not taking up for him in anyway. But he still has to swing the bat and see the ball, roids dont make it work that way on its own. you and everyone else and me can say what we want about this, but even if the comish and aaron dont show up when he does break it its just going to hurt the game even more than it is right now...

[/ QUOTE ]

He was a good hitter long before he started using steroids. His ability to make contact with the ball isn't an issue. The issue is his use of ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES that give him the power to turn fly ball outs into home runs.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was a good hitter long before he started using steroids. His ability to make contact with the ball isn't an issue. The issue is his use of ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES that give him the power to turn fly ball outs into home runs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. If you can't make contact with the ball, you won't be in the Major League. So him being able to just make contact isn't that great of a feat. The thing that made it fly is illegal substances. Obviously, no one has done anything about it yet, but it's only a matter of time.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. If you can't make contact with the ball, you won't be in the Major League. So him being able to just make contact isn't that great of a feat. The thing that made it fly is illegal substances. Obviously, no one has done anything about it yet, but it's only a matter of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

What can they do to him nothing, he used before the MLB made it to where they werent allowed. So there just going to half to deal with it..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! Let's compare his first four year in the Majors with the last 18...

'86-'89...Averaged 133 hits/season

'90-'07...Averaged 131 hits/season

'86-'89...Averaged 21 HRs/season, 16% of total hits, 1 HR every 6.74 games

'90-'07...Averaged 37 HRs/season, 28% of total hits, 1 HR every 3.55 games

'86-'89...BA .260

'90-'07...BA .310

His number of hits have gone down, yet his average has gone up...as BigD said, the fly ball outs "suddenly" turned into HRs...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but look at it this way...If your in class taking a test and you decide to write some of the study guide on your hand before the test to give yourself a little "boost" in the gradebook. Well, the teacher gives the test and to your dismay nothing you wrote on your hand is on the test. Well, half way through the the test the teacher notices the writing on your hand. Will you not be in trouble...are you not a cheater? Just a little analogy I thought of just now. It makes sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on the hand eye coordination point but the steroids still provided him with more power, endurance, etc than non-using players. Bottom line, he cheated.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do think Bud Seleg should be there when its broken because that is his job...but why should Aaron be there. I know if I were Aaron and hit all of those homeruns with out any assistance I wouldnt want to see my record broken by a guy the has all but been proven to have juiced up.

why do you even care when he breaks aarons record if anything you should be hoping he breaks his leg or something....btw everyone get a hold of a sports illustrated this week its got Hank Aaron on the front and read rick reilleys column on the very back page it's funny its about what you should do when (hopefully not) bonds breaks his record....my favorite one---- call cooperstown and ask them what hat size there gonna have on his figure when he's inducted 7 and half, 8, or 8 and half

So, we hate that Bonds will break that record because he supposedly took steroids? Whew, I mean, it's not like many others in the game have done the same thing and are still doing things like that to stay ahead, and not that there are probably many who have done the same while breaking other records......right? grin.gif Ha!

Not that I would much rather see Arod being doing that now or even Griffey over either one of them though.

I don't care to see Bonds break it. I kinda like bonds. Always have. But A-Rod will be the first to 800 HRs. Barring some kind of serious injury, he will be the best HR hitter ever.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't care to see Bonds break it. I kinda like bonds. Always have. But A-Rod will be the first to 800 HRs. Barring some kind of serious injury, he will be the best HR hitter ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not that I care to see him break the record...because in my mind the hammer will always hold the record. I just cant stand Barry's attitude. I know he has to put up with alot of crap from the media...but he has always acted like a jerk...even before all of this steroids stuff came about.

[ QUOTE ]

The guy doesnt even give rights to his name to put him in video games what a jerk i mean what guy doesnt like to play himself on a video game? maybe he just can't stand the thought of virtual juiced homeruns...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats it u hit the nail on the head....