GILLIARD IS GONE!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Guest BEAVERTAIL

thats right, ernie gilliard will be taking the head coaching job at princeton high next year. All bluefield beaver fans should be rejoicing right now. This glorious day has finally come, and now we can think of winning a state championship again.

On further note, the two people that i have heard that are contending for the job, Tony webster, and that guy who won 2 state championships already at bluefield, Mr. Danny Gaither.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I promise. Coach Gilliard called the players and i was with one of them last night and he let me listen to the voicemail. He even said that Webster and Gaither were in the running for the Bluefield job. Its amazing news i know!

Thank Gosh this day has finally come!!!!!!

It was hard for me, and so many of my fellow seniors at BHS this past season to watch gillard screw the pooch again upstate like he has done so many times!!!!

Gaither, Gaither,Gaither!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

you could tell gilliard really wanted that job... every time i had to ref summer league games he was there. man was obsessed. i dont care who gets the job at bluefield as long as its between Gaither and webster...

Just curious how you guys think Gilliard will do with the Princeton program since they are one of the teams that Beckley has to face to get to the state tournament.

Arguably Bluefield's biggest win under Gilliard was in 2004 when they beat Beckley, who went on to win the AAA state championship that season. But that win was with some very athletic Bluefield players, not Princeton players.

[ QUOTE ]

Just curious how you guys think Gilliard will do with the Princeton program since they are one of the teams that Beckley has to face to get to the state tournament.

Arguably Bluefield's biggest win under Gilliard was in 2004 when they beat Beckley, who went on to win the AAA state championship that season. But that win was with some very athletic Bluefield players, not Princeton players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe Beckley has anything to worry about. Princeton's former coach, Flourney, is a better coach than Gilliard.

[ QUOTE ]

Things have been ugly for the tigers for the past 10 years

[/ QUOTE ]

There were about 2 years there when things were bright for Princeton, 2001 and 2002. They finally made it past Beckley in regionals in 2002 but lost to Greenbrier East in the region final.

I was thinking the same exact thing, because think about it. PHS75. 75 meaning the year he graduated would make him at 50 years old. That sounds about right

He knows me too. I had him for drivers ed and played basketball my freshman year up there at BHS

I nearly Killed Gaither by running off the road one day..lol

Not sure who "tom rife" is, but yea, I agreegrin.gif

heres a simple test to find out

Question 1: Did your coach made stupid decisions during the game. Such as taking out your starters while down in a game where if you lose you go home?

Question 2: Did your coach not use the teams stregnths to there advantage ex:(Not pressing against a slower team you're playing)

If you've answered yes to any of the two. Then that would make them about the same

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Anybody else think that "PH75" on Tri-State Preps is none other than Gilliard himself??? I just gots a feeling 'bout that one...

[/ QUOTE ]

no doubt about that... who could come up with "Gilliard brought class" thats a bunch of B.S.

The thing that gets me most angry is that other schools are saying, "Quit downing your ex-coach. Your just mad he left"

and that would be farther from the truth than anything i've ever heard. as a matter of fact, im glad he's gone. and I honestly can say i wish he would have went quicker to be completly honest

Guest BEAVERTAIL

we are NOT mad. In fact i wish this day had come sooner! Its not liked we sang his praises when he was here!

[ QUOTE ]

Not sure who "tom rife" is, but yea, I agreegrin.gif

heres a simple test to find out

Question 1: Did your coach made stupid decisions during the game. Such as taking out your starters while down in a game where if you lose you go home?

Question 2: Did your coach not use the teams stregnths to there advantage ex:(Not pressing against a slower team you're playing)

If you've answered yes to any of the two. Then that would make them about the same

[/ QUOTE ]

both of those and a whole lot more.

It is funny how Gilliard leaving makes just about everyone happy because to the casual eye he had success. But anyone who saw the beavers play know they underachieved every year he coached and the Beavers play for state championships not regional championships