Best Sports Movie

vthokies4life

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday Night Lights, Varsity Blues, Hoosiers, Miracle, Ali, Remember the Titans, The Program....just to name a few....oh and "The Pistol -Pete Marivich story" is an awesome movie if you can find it.

yea friday night lights was one of the best, i saw the pistol pete movie that was really good from what i remember it's been awhile since i watched it, coach carter was a very good one, glory road,remember the titans basically what everyone else likes but has anyone seen facing the giants yet i've been meaning to but never gotten around to it my cousin told me she saw grown men crying from it so idk lol must be an alright movie....

[ QUOTE ]

The older bad news bears

I honestly can say that I didnt like "We are marshall" that much

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was a good movie...I wasnt listing it as one of my favorite sports movies or anything. I was just throwing it out there.

[ QUOTE ]

yea friday night lights was one of the best, i saw the pistol pete movie that was really good from what i remember it's been awhile since i watched it, coach carter was a very good one, glory road,remember the titans basically what everyone else likes but has anyone seen facing the giants yet i've been meaning to but never gotten around to it my cousin told me she saw grown men crying from it so idk lol must be an alright movie....

[/ QUOTE ]

Facing the Giants is prob. one of the best sports movies ive seen i didn't think that i would like it but i love it, if u haven't seen it i recommend u do so

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Facing the Giants is prob. one of the best sports movies ive seen i didn't think that i would like it but i love it, if u haven't seen it i recommend u do so

[/ QUOTE ]

ok...i have to disagree...i thought that Facing The Giants was by far the worst sports movie ever...lol...well...not just sports but any movie for that matter.

The acting was like a high school play...at some point all they kept talking about a Jesus and that got annoying to the point of "yeah right...it's about time for another Jesus plug"...and it was so unreal that the ironic part was if it were not for the horrible acting, and the humor of that...it would have been unwatchable.

Case in point...the "token black guy" that is the assistant coach going on about someone getting the coach a new truck "somebody done gone and got you a truck" then going on about him getting a moped....lol...i found that funny but borderline racist...reminded me of an old Amos & Andy skit or somehting....i mean...he was like THE black guy in the movie...i found that a bit strange...there might be a player or two s well...but not many.

other than that it was just a horrible movie..."Playin' Football For The Lord"...good concept I guess...but the acting and the over use of the Jesus factor just ruined it for me.