Best Sports Movie

vthokies4life

[ QUOTE ]

considering the movie was made by a church in Georgia, that may have had something to do with Jesus being referenced in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything Lance said could be easily explained with this statement by 89Tornado. All the way from the "Token Black Guy" to the "over use of Jesus references"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The movie was made by a church group (like 89 said) and the "actors" were also members of the church group... so that explains the "bad acting". As for the "Jesus references"... It's kind of funny how every religion EXCEPT CHRISTIANITY is CELEBRATED on TV and in the movies but as soon as someone mentions Jesus everyone goes crazy (It got it's PG rating solely for the Christianity aspect). I think the movie itself was okay for what it was - a feel good movie with a moral story. Not the greatest movie of all-time for sure but I'd like to see more movies like it be made.

not putting down anyones religion or anything of the sort...i just got tired of it being forced in to the script...could have been better written but it was good for what it was...it was just hard for me to watch due to what i felt was an over use of the "Jesus factor"...you would get to a good point in the movie and then you could sit back and say "ok it's about time for them to start the Jesus talk" and 2 seconds later ...there it was. As far as a movie goes, that ruins it for me.

Well, it sounds like you missed the whole point of the movie.

Point of the movie was the coaches faith in Jesus and the teams faith in Jesus as well. That faith brought the team together

Which everyone has their opinion of it. Me, I thought it was good, which the moral of the story was more important then the acting to me.

1. necessary roughness

2.the natural

3.raging bull-one of the better boxing movies

4.remember the titans

5.friday night lights

6.rocky iv-us against the russians.lol

7.bloodsport

8.the greatest game ever played.-great golf movie

9.the legend of baggar vance

10.the rookie

I love the show but I don't know if it will last past season two. Supposedly they plan to get away from the football aspect even more and it's moving to a Friday night time slot which will be suicide unless they're actually trying to get rid of the football fans. By the way, the season one dvd's come out on the 28th.

• 2 weeks later...

well i guess alot of off the field stuff isn't too bad but just they gotta have some football i think a game almost every show (at the end usually) is how they should do it...but friday night in the fall? right?? the show is called friday night lights you'd think the producers would be smart enough to realize that most of the people who watch it would be at a football game...

Remember The Titans. Based on a true movie.

"Were gonna blitz all night. let's make them remember forever the night they played the Titans. Herman run it up. Leave no doubts."

Not a direct quote. But i liked it.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

#1Varsity Blues, #2 The Major Leauges 2, #3 Remember the Titans (The name just makes that movies great), #4 The Perfect Game (A classic)#5 a tie between The Rookie or Little Big Leauges.

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

yea friday night lights was one of the best, i saw the pistol pete movie that was really good from what i remember it's been awhile since i watched it, coach carter was a very good one, glory road,remember the titans basically what everyone else likes but has anyone seen facing the giants yet i've been meaning to but never gotten around to it my cousin told me she saw grown men crying from it so idk lol must be an alright movie....

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah Facing the Giants was a great movie...and very emotional..i didnt cry (serious) but it was pretty emotional..great story

[ QUOTE ]

Favorite bad sports movie: Rocky IV

Favorite funny baseball movie: Major League (not the whole series, just the first)

Favorite serious baseball movie: The Natural

Favorite football movie: Remember the Titans

Favorite basketball movie: Hoosiers

[/ QUOTE ]

Best Football Movie: All The Right Moves/Waterboy (tie)

Best Baseball Movie: Bull Durham/Major League (tie)

Best Bicycling Movie: Breaking Away

Best Wrestling Movie: Vision Quest

Best Hockey Movie: Slapshot/Miracle (tie)

Best Basketball Movie: The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh/Hoosiers (tie)

Best Soccer Movie: Bend It Like Beckham

Best Track Movie: Chariots of Fire

Best Bowling Movie: Greedy/A League of Ordinary Gentlemen/Kingpin (tie)

Best Golf Movie: Caddyshack/Dead Solid Perfect (tie)

Best Auto Racing Movie: Days of Thunder

Best Pool Movie: The Color of Money

Best Volleyball Movie: Sideout

Best Dodgeball Movie: Dodgeball

Best Ice Skating Movie (non-hockey): Blades of Glory