Richlands

parsons

Isn't it about time to go full time with Elswick at qb?..... I believe the threat of Fuller at WR, along with Elswick's ability to throw with accuracy, completely opens up the Richlands offense...... ....... Tonight the offense really took off once they made the change.

[ QUOTE ]

Isn't it about time to go full time with Elswick at qb?..... I believe the threat of Fuller at WR, along with Elswick's ability to throw with accuracy, completely opens up the Richlands offense...... ....... Tonight the offense really took off once they made the change.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur.

no offense to richlands becasue the players and coaches do a great job down there but come on hellen keller's school for the death and blind could beat the teams richlands plays b4 district

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

......and the reason for these posts........???????

Have YOU spoken to Coach Mance about how YOU think he should be positioning players according to your EXPERT opinion?

I always assumed that the "appointed coaches" made these decisions not the "bleacher coaches."

The offensive leadership role has not been allowed to naturally mature and progress because of "bleacher coaches" with their own agendas for whatever/whomever.

Fuller was a starter last year....but, has not been given the respect that he deserves by some "supporters" to make mistakes and grow in his role. These kids read these posts and if it's unsettling to me, can you imagine, how these kids feel.

I'm almost sure that ALL of these players have missed or "flubbed" some of their assignments....what do the "bleacher coaches" suggest then....bench them ALL.

Have you thought about all the pressure you're also putting on Elswick IF he has a bad game....WHOA

If this season is not successful.....I will (in my "expert" opinion, after all I can have one too) lay the blame, partially, in the lap of the "bleacher coaches" for not allowing these things to be handled by the "appointed coaches" instead of in public forums.

These are decent kids....don't break their spirits by your "bleacher coaching."

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

......and the reason for these posts........???????

Have YOU spoken to Coach Mance about how YOU think he should be positioning players according to your EXPERT opinion?

I always assumed that the "appointed coaches" made these decisions not the "bleacher coaches."

The offensive leadership role has not been allowed to naturally mature and progress because of "bleacher coaches" with their own agendas for whatever/whomever.

Fuller was a starter last year....but, has not been given the respect that he deserves by some "supporters" to make mistakes and grow in his role. These kids read these posts and if it's unsettling to me, can you imagine, how these kids feel.

I'm almost sure that ALL of these players have missed or "flubbed" some of their assignments....what do the "bleacher coaches" suggest then....bench them ALL.

Have you thought about all the pressure you're also putting on Elswick IF he has a bad game....WHOA

If this season is not successful.....I will (in my "expert" opinion, after all I can have one too) lay the blame, partially, in the lap of the "bleacher coaches" for not allowing these things to be handled by the "appointed coaches" instead of in public forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ man. He was just saying that from what he saw putting Fuller at WR and Elswick at QB opened up the offense more. I have seen Richlands play and I too think it is better with them at those positions. It gives the defense even more to worry about. I am not downing Fuller at all. That kid is one hell of an athlete, but so is Elswick. You didn't have to jump all over him for that...calm down buddy.

Don't see a problem with the way everybody is talking. Can't see where anybody has said anything negative about any of the players either. I just think that everyone knows that if fuller is Qb, that every defense is going to rush and not give him a chance to do anything.

[ QUOTE ]

MY point.....it isn't up to any of US to make those decisions....and telling the RHS coaches it's time to do so.....?????

I've had my say....

[/ QUOTE ]

And ur say didn't make any sense, when this board is made for peoples opinions.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My post was not meant in any way to reflect negatively on Austin Fuller.... In my opinion, he is the best player by far in southwest Va.

However, the simple fact remains that the offense has performed far better with him at wide receiver..... I do not think that reflects poorly on him as QB. The field is going to tilt (defensively) to where he is playing.... When he is at Qb the defense plays to the middle and the Blues running game does not perform as well. When he is split wide he occupies 2 or 3 players, and the field opens up for the running game.

Futhermore, no one has a higher opinion of the Richlands coaching staff than I do. While I might state my opinion on here from time to time, I do not presume to think that I could do a better job.

One last thing I might add....I do not think my post was anymore condescending to Austin Fuller than your post was to Joel Elswick....from where I have been sitting it has been quite apparent that Joel is handling the pressure quite well....

[ QUOTE ]

MY point.....it isn't up to any of US to make those decisions....and telling the RHS coaches it's time to do so.....?????

I've had my say....

[/ QUOTE ]

i doubt any decisions are made on this board....but, it's still fun to talk about football...so chill out...it's all good.

i agree with parsons (except about joels inexperience at qback ,he has more reps behind center than austin). bottom line is that defenses have to respect and play to where austin is. as qback they will load the box and bring pressure. this years o line is not as strong as those of the past few years.when teams put hard pressure they shut down the run and everything else.with austin out side they have to play to him .even then with pressure we can tear up a defense with short passsing,and if they cover pass the run game opens up.

Gotta go with Lance on this one. This is all in fun and we don't need to take ourselves too seriously. It's a great place to get info and pick at each other. If I want the coaches to know something, I tell them from about 2 feet away. I have, generally, found there is a method to the madness and it has worked out pretty good as of late. The players know how the community feels about them. All they have to do is look in the stands at away games. Actually, I don't think we can put near the pressure on them that they put on themselves. There may be an occassional goof saying something off the wall; but hey, that's just a % of any population.