Tazewll vs Richlands

tazewell_rocks

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Tazewell is young, very young. I would'nt rag them too much, in a couple of years they'll be eating everybody's lunch. I really like their young QB, he's gonna be a good one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt it. There seems to be a vicious cycle in T-town...they have GREAT middle school teams. Those kids move up to HS and are forced to play in 9th and 10th grade, get pounded on by bigger teams, the kids get frustrated and don't play when they become 11th and 12th graders and then Tazewell is forced to play young kids again who end up getting their butts kicked week in and week out, etc., etc.... I've been told it has something to do with the coaches as well...at least that's the word from someone "close" to the program...

[/ QUOTE ]

I did'nt know that, thanks for the info.......shame though.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but Lebanon has three speedsters, unless you've seen them you really don't know. It is very odd for Lebanon to have this much speed, I'll grant you that, but I would'nt "giggle" til I saw a game or two.

Have you seen Lebanon and Bluefield? or are you just shooting from the hip?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

no panic button here. i think this move will bring to the offense exactly what its missing. better strap it on cause romo dont care to run through u grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Romulo run through someone??!?! HAHAHA

Yeah, just like he's done all year......one big hit and suddenly he's got craps....what a wuss

Now, the wicks kid....thats a different story

[/ QUOTE ]

Didnt look like too big of a wuss tonight... He had a pretty good game. Didnt see him with any cramps either. You might want to find some new sources. lol

[ QUOTE ]

we could have beat richlands we showed that we could in the first quater last night but hopefully we can bounce and win the rest of the games i mean really it was 0-0 but then we quit

[/ QUOTE ]

Every game starts off 0-0. But honestly after Tazewell's first possesion when they drove down inside the five I thought it was going to be a good game, and then they turned it over on downs. Then they held Richlands on there first couple of drives. But it usually takes Richalnds a few series before they get going. To say you could have beat us may be a stretch, but to say you could have made it closer...that might be true. All of our starters were out on our second offensive series of the second half, if they would have stayed in the score could have been a lot worse.

Lebanon has by far the fastest backfield in Southwest Virginia, not even close, as for Bluefield I can't say. Burton probably is the faster team, but just the backfield Lebanon wins hands down. Three guys averaging over 8 yards per carry while playing Honaker (ask Abingdon about their run D), Powell Valley, Gate City, and Clintwood.

you guys want to talk about speed??go to Mount View and talk to Cordero High, now hes fast. Hes the fastest running back that ive played against this year, that guys has to run a 4.4 forty

[ QUOTE ]

Lebanon has by far the fastest backfield in Southwest Virginia, not even close, as for Bluefield I can't say. Burton probably is the faster team, but just the backfield Lebanon wins hands down. Three guys averaging over 8 yards per carry while playing Honaker (ask Abingdon about their run D), Powell Valley, Gate City, and Clintwood.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen Bluefield play..they are fast..

just because you are fast doesnt mean you have big time programs after you....there is a DB here at Charleston and he runs close to a 4.3...but hes at no big time school...Charleston is far from a big time school...

[ QUOTE ]

we could have beat richlands we showed that we could in the first quater last night but hopefully we can bounce and win the rest of the games i mean really it was 0-0 but then we quit

[/ QUOTE ] That's why the game is played for 4 quarters, not just 1. Lots of teams have played Richlands well early, but only one team has beaten the Blues. Tazewell is a young team, and they have some good kids playing hard, but they are last in the district because they are not very good...sorry!

That's why I'm an observer. I haven't seen the kid play, obviously, since I haven't been in Virginia for more than a weekend since August. Again, my point is, 4.4 40-yard-dash speed is bloody fast. If you have it, it will likely (but not always) get the notice of good football programs. Since that sort of speed is rare, I doubted its validity. Again, I didn't say it wasn't true, I just highly doubted it. Sheesh.

[ QUOTE ]

Do you even have an idea of how fast 4.4 time is? If you run that, you'll have big-time programs knocking on your door. He might be fast. I doubt it's that fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, Cordero High is the fastest running back in this area...the only player who is faster is the kid from Woodrow Wilson who is being recruited to run track...he doesn't and won't get the attention from "big time" programs because of other reasons...

If ANYONE has 4.3-4.4 speed they will get recruited (letter to coach/player and looked at on film anyway)...period. It may not be for football, maybe track, and they may not get "offered" but they will get looked at if the speed is truly there and recognized through a legitimate source such as a camp, track meet, college day, etc. I realize the SWV/VA schools do not get much pub but if the talent/speed is there coaches will hear about it. Schools are always looking for a diamond in the rough....no question about it. What about Gilbert H.S. (had some good Division I recruits in the past).

[ QUOTE ]

If ANYONE has 4.3-4.4 speed they will get recruited (letter to coach/player and looked at on film anyway)...period. It may not be for football, maybe track, and they may not get "offered" but they will get looked at if the speed is truly there and recognized through a legitimate source such as a camp, track meet, college day, etc. I realize the SWV/VA schools do not get much pub but if the talent/speed is there coaches will hear about it. Schools are always looking for a diamond in the rough....no question about it. What about Gilbert H.S. (had some good Division I recruits in the past).

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me...not is this situation...BTW, High was held out of the first quarter of the Graham game for “a violation of team rules”...