Questions about Abingdon's D

preacher

Abingdon's D has started off well this year. They seem to play well against the passing game but I'm worried about our run defense. Chilhowie ran all over us in the benefit game - do you think Logan Ball will do the same?

Their defense is fine. Teams that have more than one weapon or threat are the teams they have trouble with. Richlands had more than one, as did Chilhowie. It just makes it difficult when preparing for teams like that. They'll do fine. Logan Ball has less than 100 yards this week.

[ QUOTE ]

will abingdon ever schedule some teams like blacksburg,c'burg,pulaski since they are in their region and likely won't make the playoffs with several single a schools on the schedule

[/ QUOTE ]

When Graham, Tazewell, Richlands, Grundy, and Marion drop to Class A, Abingdon will HAVE to play those schools...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

will abingdon ever schedule some teams like blacksburg,c'burg,pulaski since they are in their region and likely won't make the playoffs with several single a schools on the schedule

[/ QUOTE ]

When Graham, Tazewell, Richlands, Grundy, and Marion drop to Class A, Abingdon will HAVE to play those schools...

[/ QUOTE ]not happeneing anytime soon is it?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]not happeneing anytime soon is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

2009...maybe???

[ QUOTE ]

i dont see why graham and richlands would drop...they compete well in AA

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, they compete well within the District and the Region in football, but you have to look at the BIG PICTURE.

The other sports get pummelled once they get out of district (some even get pummelled within the district) and are not even close to being competitive at the State level. It is very hard to compete with teams two and three times your size at the State level...just another example of how the VHSL's system is screwed up. Yeh, I know these schools "choose" to play up and that is part of the problem as well. But the smaller schools don't stand a chance once they get out of the Region, if they make it that far. Its time for all schools in SWVA to play where their enrollment places them...

Funny thing. Last year everyone wanted to talk about how we are weak and not strong minded and if I recall correctly it was folks from across the mtn. We can't help what happened last year - but we can do something this year. Those same folks are starting to realize given the right situation we can play the game of football. I'm proud of our football program and how it has changed around - we are starting to earn respect and give us a year or 2 of winning and we will be respected around the state!

To do that would take several years of total committment from every level of participation in the town of Abingdon. My point is that is not likely to happen. Communities that are successful have a singleminded purpose. You have beaten two weak single A' and a very young AA school. When was the last time Abingdon had a Big win versus a STATE contender. I am also not saying the resources aren't there for that to happen but the question in my mind is how hard is the community willing to work to make the program work.They had it going in the late 70's but it didn't last. That's been thirty years ago.

Would have never second guessed that. Tim is a great person and he will work his tail off but will the other key components fall into place.Sandlot, admin (beyond his control), community support etc.

[ QUOTE ]

from what i've heard honaker is very slow. i think this will be a long night for the tiggers. no way they stay close they are out athleted all over the field. a-town-42 tiggers-6.

[/ QUOTE ]good game falcons .yea we still litl slow but seem to be improving.

[ QUOTE ]

Their defense is fine. Teams that have more than one weapon or threat are the teams they have trouble with. Richlands had more than one, as did Chilhowie. It just makes it difficult when preparing for teams like that. They'll do fine. Logan Ball has less than 100 yards this week.

[/ QUOTE ]im not sure how many yards logan ball had but he had close to 100 yds .good game falcons .

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]im not sure how many yards logan ball had but he had close to 100 yds .good game falcons .

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like Liltiger would like to see the falcons eat a little crow. Wow this I guess goes down as the upset of the night! And the BHC had Ball down for over 200 yards on the ground. Sounded like a great game.

na not crow .i guess thats the reason they play the game.he had several yds but he also had several carries .abingdon has agood passing game but the few turnovers in the air killed them and honaker played the best game ive seen them play this yr .they finally started doin a little hittin.

[ QUOTE ]

When it does they will have a hard time winning more than five unless they continue to play weaker single A schools.

[/ QUOTE ]I must retract my statement. Abingdon may go 3-7 when they have to travel up 81 if they still play battle and ph.