SWD CHAMPS...

ghs84

Wayne vs. Wier  

1. 1. Wayne vs. Wier

None of you are getting my point at all....

The district is weak, face it, the weakest it's been in a LONG LONG time...I'm not trying to make my team look good by belittling others, just stating the fact that the district is weak. Including Marion!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Question say Graham loses 2 the blues have most district wins.If Richlands only other loss this year came by the hands of bluefield does it matter or no cause blu is wv?

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands would still get power points for Bluefields wins, if they beat Bluefield. So, I think yes, it would matter. (I'm not sure if Bluefield would qualify as A or AA, however, because I think out of state competition is based on their enrollment).. G-Man would probably know for sure.

[ QUOTE ]

what im sayin is if richlands beats everybody else in the swd and Graham lost one more swd would losing to bluefield cause Richlands there district or does none district play not matter

[/ QUOTE ]

Then there would be a tie for the SWD championship. Loss to Bluefield will not mean anything to the SWD but comeplayoff time it will. But Graham has to lose a SWD game which i dont think they will.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

what im sayin is if richlands beats everybody else in the swd and Graham lost one more swd would losing to bluefield cause Richlands there district or does none district play not matter

[/ QUOTE ]

Then there would be a tie for the SWD championship. Loss to Bluefield will not mean anything to the SWD but comeplayoff time it will. But Graham has to lose a SWD game which i dont think they will.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think they will either.at this point the only team standing in their way is Abingdon.this game being played at Abingdon could be interesting.Graham plays tough away,except Blacksburg.but the past 4 weeks they have been getting it done.

Has Abingdon surprised any of you long time SWD guys so far by the way they are playing? I have been pretty impressed thus far with their play and record. They have beat some pretty decent teams already by good margins and their losses have been pretty close as well. Though they have not faced their toughest competition yet, I think they have proven themselves worthy in the SWD so far. What do you guys think?

(I hope this is not off subject. I thought it would go well with the who SWD pole theme)-ew

Be safe and God Bless.

[ QUOTE ]

Has Abingdon surprised any of you long time SWD guys so far by the way they are playing? I have been pretty impressed thus far with their play and record. They have beat some pretty decent teams already by good margins and their losses have been pretty close as well. Though they have not faced their toughest competition yet, I think they have proven themselves worthy in the SWD so far. What do you guys think?

(I hope this is not off subject. I thought it would go well with the who SWD pole theme)-ew

Be safe and God Bless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill admit they have impressed me to this point.

abingdon is a lot better this year...not on par with Richlands though...7-3 would be a great season for Abingdon....Va High and Graham will both be hard games to win because Va high always has a big line and can run the ball and Graham will just pound you guys up front...Grundy has a weak line and was able to run the ball a lot...good thing for you guys that Air Plymal runs the O or it would have been a lot closer i think. I doubt you will see that with Graham, just a lot of traps and stuff between the tackles, and if you bring 8 or 9 in the box to stop it they have enough speed to throw it on you...Grundy doesn't really have that much of a deep threat and hasn't thrown over the middle in 5+ years.

From what I saw thats the key to beating Abingdon would be ball control and keeping it between the tackles most of the night....Abingdon can score some points and quickly if you don't control the ball.

[ QUOTE ]

abingdon is a lot better this year...not on par with Richlands though...7-3 would be a great season for Abingdon....Va High and Graham will both be hard games to win because Va high always has a big line and can run the ball and Graham will just pound you guys up front...Grundy has a weak line and was able to run the ball a lot...good thing for you guys that Air Plymal runs the O or it would have been a lot closer i think. I doubt you will see that with Graham, just a lot of traps and stuff between the tackles, and if you bring 8 or 9 in the box to stop it they have enough speed to throw it on you...Grundy doesn't really have that much of a deep threat and hasn't thrown over the middle in 5+ years.

From what I saw thats the key to beating Abingdon would be ball control and keeping it between the tackles most of the night....Abingdon can score some points and quickly if you don't control the ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right on about the b/t the tackles. And yes, I can remember when I played, Va. High had some quick and big boys on that D-line. I got hit many times that game in the back field. It was run for your life type of game.

[ QUOTE ]

District reecord determines champ. If they end up tied with, say, 1 district loss each, ratings points determines the champ. So, yeah, a Blues loss to Bluefield WOULD hurt some.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ratings will not determine the SWD champs, just how there placed in the playoffs.. If Abingdon was to beat Graham and Richlands, abingdon and Graham all have one district loss then there would be a three way tie for it. The ratings would come into play to place Graham and Richlands in the region playoffs with abingdon being in diffrent region...

[ QUOTE ]

Be safe and God Bless.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew Abingdon was going to have a good team when I saw them in the 7 on 7 at Richlands back in July. You could see a tremendous improvement from the previous year when they played the Blues. I went today and saw the Graham/Tazewell game, was able to watch it more objectively as the Blues weren't in it. IMO Abingdon has a really good shot at beating the G-Men,if they stop the run. I notice Graham runs alot to the left, did the same with Richlands. Wasn't much passing (didn't need it).

B_52, we're both half-right and half-wrong on this, so let me clear it up.

Instead of "ratings points determines the champ", I shoulda said "ratings points determines who gets the automatic bid".

Officially, all tied teams are co-champs, but only 1 auto. bid is available.

If Graham and Abingdon tie for 1st based on District record, and Abingdon sits 5th in the Div. 4 ratings, the Falcons will need to having more points than Graham to make the playoffs.

Oh, and there at the end, you meant diff. Division, not Region.

[ QUOTE ]

I think Graham will take it all...i mean they are 4-0 in the district..if they lose to Abingdon or CC "power points" will determine the SWD Champ!

[/ QUOTE ]

And if it comes down to points...Graham will not win the district...neither will Abingdon...

[ QUOTE ]

How about playoff games. Is there time in the schedule that would allow for that. This would settle it. Whomever wins, WINS! Not that this would ever happen because the VHSL controls those types of deals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playoff games??? Don't think you have to worry about that...

[ QUOTE ]

Instead of relying on the "points" system and we all know how that is, you could get a true winner, if need be, from playoff games.

[/ QUOTE ]

The regular season IS the "playoff" games...

[ QUOTE ]

What I am talking about is the Co-Champion, all of that stuff, with people having the same records, and then it goes to some whacked out point system.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean that "whacked out point system" that determines who makes the playoffs and who doesn't????